• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I loved the characters of IS. Just not when English is coming out of their mouths... XD

[collapse="And Seph requested that I make this, but since it's pretty cute, I'll share it with everyone here."]

PhotoBucket won't let me upload an image larger than 1 MB... :( If anyone wants the full size version, IM me.[/collapse]
Thanks Bro. I love you man.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I have a tendency to puke a little whenever I hear a dub of an anime. It just doesn't sound correct to me.

"We had sex and sex make babies!" oh you, Nagisa

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I liked Ryuk's voice subbed.

I think some dubbed is okay, like DBZ or Ranma even isn't TOO bad but Japanese usually sounds better.

But when English VAs say Japanese words....... Dear god it gets butchered so bad when English VAs say it gah. Makes me want to hide in a corner.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i actually liked mareep

too bad that would happen if they actually existed

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I liked Ryuk's voice subbed.

But when English VAs say Japanese words....... Dear god it gets butchered so bad when English VAs say it gah. Makes me want to hide in a corner.
I greatly enjoy the sub over the dub of Death Note, although the English dub isn't bad. Miyano Mamoru does a perfect job voicing Light, IMO. Then there's Hirano Aya as Misa. <3

The only English voice actors that I know who actually knows a good amount of Japanese is Yuri Lowenthal and Cristina Vee (but I don't like the latter's voice at all, so that doesn't help).
And I can't tell which is worse: the worst case of a Japanese dub butchering English or the worst case of an English dub butching Japanese. XD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Japanese dub butchering english isn't too bad as long as its not like a constant thing in a show.

Same goes for the reverse.

Except when
Yui says Azu-cat and anything else in English

That was actually incredible I laughed so hard.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
My main gripe with voice acting in dubs would be that the original actors manage to carry far more emotion in their speech. The ones in dubs usually sound like they don't care at all, no matter what happens :X

Just finished my Suzumiya Haruhi marathon, the endless eight (aaaand maaaaybe TTGL being super good as well) almost kept me from finishing it in a week ... but well, I didn't have much other stuff to do yesterday and today :D

edit: urgh, I'm being incapable of reading comprehension again... Still, there's some pretty nice Pokemon-art here: http://soupandbutter.deviantart.com/gallery/24641359?offset=0

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The collection that I ran into had probably one hundred to two hundred images taken from various places. Oh well...it's not a big loss (since some of them were grotesques, making me rather not look at them, again [although some were really cool looking]).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
have you guys seen like the finnish dub of digimon?

that **** is hilarious

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The best bespectacled character OF ALL TIME is in it!
For not watching it, you must be ejected...
If the character you were referring to had long hair you MIGHT have got me with this.

I do have to admit though that she is probably one of the cutest characters I've seen in a while.

Still think Naru > but I am probably being biased :3

Top Bottom