• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Death of Competitive Gaming -- The Average Gamer?

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
as long as there are choices tied with each button press, those button presses will not be unnecessary. I cannot believe there is still discussion going on about L-cancelling after my last post. You guys must have missed it.
I have to agree that L-canceling isn't very important to discuss at this point. On the topic of average gamers:

- L-canceling does not affect accessibility to smash. Melee is one of the most easy-to-pick-up and accessible fighting games when it still has L-canceling.

- L-canceling's existence alone will not make the difference between a person being a competitive gamer or not. Anyone who decides to stop serious gaming over something relatively easy like L-canceling was never a competitive gamer in the first place.

Accessibility was not a problem with Melee. As I said earlier, showing that gaming (Melee in particular) is a worthwhile form of competition is the far more important issue.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Thats merely an assumption. If knowledge was all you needed to be good at the game then I would just lurk SWF and go win tourneys.

Better players are better because they can correctly implement that knowledge.

Often ppl who study sports stats(professional statisticians) will know more than the players. But they probably couldnt beat a single one(even if you ignore the physical ability difference) They just lack exp.

This argument isnt really about implementing anything, only whether technical barriers add depth vs being mindless and only add difficulty that raises the initial skill requirement. You dont need to be a pro smasher, you not an idiot.
then just replace 'experienced players' with 'pros'

that should do the trick

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Nah it would be too easy. To control the character I mean. I would rather use my hands, since I am used to it.
Quoting this as evidence that not everyone wants the same ideal set of controls. Some people like using their fingers more than the might otherwise have to.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
"call your girl bluetooth cause she dont use her hands"
Ive never heard that b4, but it sounds like one of the dumber things lil Wayne would say.

Bluetooth is weak, personal area network my ***. **** is horrible at traveling though the body and around clothing.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I think we should play Melee with pause on and pause whenever we need time to think of a strategy or need help executing something, because choices are the only thing that matter and this will help us get rid of needless technical barriers disabling us from playing this game to our full potential.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think we should play Melee with pause on and pause whenever we need time to think of a strategy or need help executing something, because choices are the only thing that matter and this will help us get rid of needless technical barriers disabling us from playing this game to our full potential.
you're better than this

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I can't tell if pocky is getting trolled or countertrolling or just rebuking zhu's trolling

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I can't tell if pocky is getting trolled or countertrolling or just rebuking zhu's trolling
ZAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo???????????/OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:urg:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUJUJU

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
ZAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo???????????/OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:urg:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUJUJU
ZAHEWWWWWWUWUUUUUUUUEEEEEEeEEEEEEEUUUOOO
shut up oscar

go flash the team
Not Do Work

But ZHUUUUUUUUUUUUoooooooooo Work
The Death of Competitive Gaming -- The Pro Gamer?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why are we talking about lil wayne?

He's a troll btw, his lyrics may sound dumb but they're actually carefully selected for max trolling, no other way he'd be so consistent.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
cool... new sc2 patch gives pheonix a moving shot

not that they really changed anything else important except nerfing collosus.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Why are we talking about lil wayne?

He's a troll btw, his lyrics may sound dumb but they're actually carefully selected for max trolling, no other way he'd be so consistent.
The only time I will depend is when I'm seventy years old
That's when I can't hold my **** within so I **** on myself
'Cause I'm so sick and tired of ****ting on everybody else

Kanelol

Smash Lord
unrelated note, im pretty sure this thread has served it's purpose

and then some

when it's just lil wayne quotes its time to let it die guys

Top Bottom