• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Knight(I can't believe that there isn't a thread for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Edit: OMG HORRIBLE TYPO IN TOPIC TITLE

Does it live up to the hype? I've heard people calling it one of the best films of the year, but I think that might just be because Heath Ledger died.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Well, I just saw it today. Does it live up to th hype? Yes I'd say it does. but there was the addition of something that I though was too brief to be in the movie, and a separate plot line that ruined it a bit. But it was still extremely good. One of the first scenes my friend laughed and laughed at even though it was gruesome.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Looks insane, will probably go see it over the weekend with a friend.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Joker made this Film.

I liked this part alot i think it goes like this Small Spoiler

SPOILER

-Joker:can i get my phone call?
Cop:no
Joker:one question, how many of your friends did i kill today?
Cop: Iam not gonna hurt you cuz thats what you want, but you killed 6,six of my firends.
Joker:did you know that a person show their true self right before they die?
Cop:......
Joker:In a sense i know your friends better then you do,yo wanna know how many of them were really cowards?

PWNTED

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Batman? I can't wait to go see it since I love Adam West ( I know he's not in it, but he's the reason that got me into liking it)

Amide

Smash Lord
It actually DOES live up to the hype. The ending's kind of bad, but it was amazing. Heath Ledger made the film really. (No, not because he died)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That's what I've been hearing. It makes his death that much more tragic because he finally had his breakthrough role.

Peeze

Smash Master
Ending wasn't bad, just seems like they crammed all the action in the 1st 2hours and like last 5 mins was alot of talking, philosophical ideologies that batman stands for etc, etc.
But really the best movie i've seen in a while.
Topped iron man, i said it.

@jinofcoolnes
and then he ends up kicking the guys ***.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Holy f***** s***..

I just saw it and it definitely lives up to the hype..

A very interesting plot and Heath really was excellent in this movie.
I would say it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen..

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Heath's potrayal of the Joker was absolutely brillant, he kept the character funny while also keeping the Joker persona intact, despite him making the Joker even darker.

Movie was ****ing awesome! What even made it funnier was, that during the movie, 2 people walked into the theater (in my theater) with their faces painted like the Joker. It was hilarious, thou I am curious how they got their faces painted like that.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Heath was phenominal. Perfect. There is no one on Earth who could have even held a candle to his performance. Its hard to describe just how great he was. Watch it two or three times. Pay attention to every little subtle movement he makes, his twiches, and ticks. Its just great. Screw Iron Man. Better than Wall-E. Yea, I said it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Batman? I can't wait to go see it since I love Adam West ( I know he's not in it, but he's the reason that got me into liking it)
I met Adam West and got him to sign a Family Guy DVD box set. I wish I had gotten a framed Batman picture or something, but back then, Family Guy was what mattered to me. Regardless, he was a really cool guy.

Oh yeah, I'd have to say The Dark Knight is one of my all-time favorite movies, and that's giving no credit to the posthumous hype. I've been looking forward to this movie since I saw Begins in theaters three years ago. In my opinion, the movie was on the brink of flawless. Could have lived without Batman's ultra-deep voice, and maybe if they trimmed the film down a good ten, fifteen minutes, but other than that, absolutely beautiful. A true masterpiece.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
For the love of all things great and movie-like, spell the title correctly!

The Dark Knight

And remove that silly caption after the title...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I love this movie, batman begins was my all time favorite movie, and this top it in the 1st minutes, it was incredible, the acting was awesome, and Joker was absolutely brilliant, remind me so much of the animated series one... tough needed more laughing XD

toktomo

Smash Cadet
best movie of 2008 lolllzz

this movied pwneddddddddd

0__0

y so serious?? lol

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Best movie of the year, without a doubt.

To whoever said Iron Man was better: what on earth are you talking about?! Don't get me wrong, Iron Man was awesome, but it doesn't hold even a flicker of a candle to Dark Knight.

Overload

Smash Lord
EPIC FREAKING MOVIE.
"why so serious?" -joker
heath ledger's joker was so awesome

Junpappy

Smash Lord
It makes me sad to think that they can't possibly bring the Joker back in the next movie and do a good job of it :(

Greatest comic book movie ever?

manhunter098

Smash Lord
It was definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen. Absolutely incredible and it definitely lives up to the hype.

Oh, and I guess we cant make fun of Heath for Brokeback Mountain, since hes going to be forever known as the best Joker ever now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
At first, I HATED the forced deep voice, then it kind of started to dawn on me. Bruce Wayne is the most known celebrity in ALL of Gotham City. His voice would be recognizable to anyone if he didn't disguise it. It's like Spider-Man sounds exactly like Peter Parker and Mary Jane never got that?

Neat thing someone pointed out:
Bruce asked if the suit was dog proof, and Lucius joked that it was cat proof (Catwoman?). Secondly, Reese, the guy who wanted to blackmail Bruce Wayne, was saved and all that good stuff. The formal address to Reese is "Mr. Reese" or "mysteries." It was common for the Riddler to come from a character with some type of variation on riddles and such, like Edward Nigma from Batman Forever (E. Nigma). Nothing concrete, but interesting nonetheless.

Finally, Two-Face "died" from the same fall that both Batman and Salvatore Maroni survived. The theory is that either he did indeed die, or the fact that Batman was shown alive from the fall was to imply Dent was alive and Gordon faked his death and stashed him secretly in Arkham.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
You know I've noticed that Bruce Wayne has made him self look like the bad guy to many that don't know he is Batman.

An example is at the party when he goes into the wall to go to the Bat cave and everyone thinks he has run away. This also happened in Batman Forever at the circus.

Also I thought it was great that they followed the life of Harvey Dent before he became Two Face. This movie made me believe he was a good guy before the accident. In Batman Forever he was just the evil partner of the Riddler(and his self.) I liked how they made this movie a little less comic bookie to establish itself from the early movies. Like how Two Face looks like he was in a real accident with charred skin. Unlike the original Two Face with the purple burn marks. I am glad though that the early movie were very comic book orientated.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I loved one of Joker's first lines from the movie.

"Wanna see a magic trick?"

What he does afterwards was ****ing amazing.
That part was ****ing awesome! I was so not expecting that.

This movie was amazing and Heath Ledger's Joker was perfect.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I saw it at midnight in Salt Lake City on the opening day, it was so awesome. I had to see it again when I got home to Oregon though because there were a couple confusing parts. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

Who was the traitor cop? Salvatore Maroni said it was 'Gonzales' and so Two Face later took it as the dark skinned officer woman and put her life to chance but if you remember in the car before the hospital blow up Gordon received a text to watch out for a Gonzales who had a wife in the hospital. There were two cops with the name Gonzales, was there not?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Seeing it tonight, after hearing what people have been writing about it I can't wait.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I saw it at midnight in Salt Lake City on the opening day, it was so awesome. I had to see it again when I got home to Oregon though because there were a couple confusing parts. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

Who was the traitor cop? Salvatore Maroni said it was 'Gonzales' and so Two Face later took it as the dark skinned officer woman and put her life to chance but if you remember in the car before the hospital blow up Gordon received a text to watch out for a Gonzales who had a wife in the hospital. There were two cops with the name Gonzales, was there not?
Maroni said "Ramierz." The woman was the one who took Rachel to the warehouse.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Gordon was told to watch out for Ramirez and Berg, and Berg was the one in the car with a wife in a hospital. Later Ramirez said something about her mother's hospital bills and that's how they got her to turn.

Bruce asked if the suit was dog proof, and Lucius joked that it was cat proof (Catwoman?). Secondly, Reese, the guy who wanted to blackmail Bruce Wayne, was saved and all that good stuff. The formal address to Reese is "Mr. Reese" or "mysteries." It was common for the Riddler to come from a character with some type of variation on riddles and such, like Edward Nigma from Batman Forever (E. Nigma). Nothing concrete, but interesting nonetheless.

Finally, Two-Face "died" from the same fall that both Batman and Salvatore Maroni survived. The theory is that either he did indeed die, or the fact that Batman was shown alive from the fall was to imply Dent was alive and Gordon faked his death and stashed him secretly in Arkham.
That was not at all the same place Maroni fell. And Batman has a super-soldier suit on, it makes sense for him to survive.

Something is definitely up with the "Mr. Reese" thing, because I noticed that's how he's addressed every time, never just Reese or Coleman. Reese is also a pretty weird last name...Reese Coleman makes more sense than Coleman Reese. The only problem I see with him being the Riddler is that Edward Nigma is the Riddler's name--Batman Forever didn't make that up. Although he does kind of look like the Riddler.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I missed some things because I wasn't wearing my glasses..
What was the message that Batman texted to Gordon?

And how did the judge's car blow up when she looked up?

And why did Batman turn his "cave" into a firing range with those blocks..?

Sorry :[

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
I thought the opening scene was perfectly written and the timing couldn't have been better. The bus was awesome. Did the bank belong to the Mob bosses? Cause the italian dude with the shotgun would make sense then. Cause who brings a shotgun to work? Other than disgruntled workers and mob members.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That was not at all the same place Maroni fell. And Batman has a super-soldier suit on, it makes sense for him to survive.
The suit would not stop G-Force which is what kills you in a fall. I never said Maroni fell from that place, but the height was similar.

Something is definitely up with the "Mr. Reese" thing, because I noticed that's how he's addressed every time, never just Reese or Coleman. Reese is also a pretty weird last name...Reese Coleman makes more sense than Coleman Reese. The only problem I see with him being the Riddler is that Edward Nigma is the Riddler's name--Batman Forever didn't make that up. Although he does kind of look like the Riddler.
Edward Nygma was a pseudonym for the Riddler. The real name was Edward Nashton, but for the sake of the movie and keeping a compelling story they could have easily just made Coleman Reese as the original name. I think Mr. Reese is just a HINT at the Riddler being in the second one.

Christ, it really sucks that we will never see Heath Ledger play the Joker again, but it's probably for the best. It was such a perfect role that any other attempts, even by Ledger, would have paled in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom