• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Knight(I can't believe that there isn't a thread for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I loved the movie's depiction of the Joker, but what really won me was Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face. I don't know a whole lot about Batman (I watched the Animated Series as a kid, I've seen the movies, and that's about it), but Two-Face has always struck me as one of Batman's deepest foes. He struggles with what we all do: our desire to be a good person and do what's right, and the desire to do what we really want no matter what it means for other people. I just really related with him as a guy who understands where he's coming from on duality (anyone else find themselves flipping coins lately?). Granted, they made him more determined to avenge Rachel's death than obsessed with duality and fate, but I love how they made Dent such a likable character, and then boom, tragic villain/anti-hero.

So, who's being Two-Face for Halloween and not the Joker? (raises hand)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There was only 1 Dark Knight referenced costume in our whole school today, which I found pretty surprising. There was only 1 Joker (which was actually done pretty well. From the hair down to the clothes. Good stuff.) and he had a couple of clown mask wearing friends who tagged along with him. It was neat.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I was originally going to my school dance as Two-Face because a guy was going to be the Joker and a girl was going to be Batgirl (but I thought she'd said Catwoman), and I was going to be Two-Face anyway, so I volunteered to be part of the little group. In the end, I was the only one who ever went through with it. The Joker guy just ended up not caring, and the girl couldn't find a good Batgirl costume. Oh well, I had fun.

Edit: Whoohoo! 100 posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom