• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Cut 5 Characters" Game

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1.) You may not cut Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit. They were quick additions and would be too easy to pick.
2.) You may not cut Miis. It's easy to count them as three characters.
3.) You may not question someone else's choices. We don't want to turn this game into an argument.
:4wendy::4iggy::4lemmy::4larry::4ludwig:
There's no written rule against cutting multiple characters that happen to share the same slot and moveset as each other. :troll:

Floatie

Smash Rookie
NNID
jigglypufflover1
Everyone here on this thread that chose :4jigglypuff: to be out of smash switch, you're such a disgrace! Do not, and i mean DO NOT, disrespect the puff! She is going to be in Smash no matter what! :facepalm:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I skipped out on Smash 4 for the most part, barely touch the 3DS version and skipped the Wii U generation. With that said, judging off what I see of the characters and know of them...

:4bayonetta: - I have no personal draw to her as I never played her games or followed her in the slightest. I honestly don't know how she was the most requested on the ballot in any reasonable way as she isn't a big name as far as I know. Also hearing she is 4's Metaknight just makes me want to point her to the exit as well.

:4cloud: - He is some eye candy, but that's about as much as I got to say about the guy. Not attached to him and being 3rd party makes him a quicker cut for me seeing as we already have many sword users to not need him.

:4feroy: - Fire Emblem flooded the roster with Smash 4. With :4lucina: off limits and :4corrin: sporting a new kit... I'd send the boy packing. I'm not sure how I feel on that though since i like him and fan demand brought him back. But it doesn't help :4lucina: exists as another Marth clone making him a bit more redundant.

:4lucas: - Earthbound always felt kind of random to me and I'd say losing one of these two similar characters from a small series is better than elsewhere. I prefer Lucas, but I really don't think anyone who was the 1st rep for a series should be cut. That's why I cringe at the :4shulk: cuts, because he is the :4marth: for that series and deserves his spot over anyone else. So I apply that to :4ness: as well and he'd stay.

:4jigglypuff: or :4charizard: - I don't agree with people that :4greninja: should be cut since he was a highly successful pokemon in the current generations and I don't think Generation 1 needs to hog the limelight in smash. He's a pretty interesting character to me in smash, and I loved the Froakie line in pokemon. I think it also is cool that in the end that the frog managed to become extremely popular and big when he was against the usual generic fox/canine pokemon that blows up the internet when teased. Jigglypuff was successful at the start, but she quickly became more of a relic than her peers. Meanwhile Charizard was added later into the Smash series when it could of been a smart to have someone newer. However he is a lot more popular in general. So it comes down to seniority in smash v popularity of the pokemon. I'd go with :4jigglypuff: in the end since her main reason for remaining is that she was in the original Smash which is weaker than being a very iconic and popular starter.

Ignoring the Rules-
My first cut though skipping the rules would be :4mii: even if he counted as one removal. I have no interest in them in the slightest. I'd also cut :4lucina: before :4feroy: in a heartbeat though he'd be next if Fire Emblem had to lose another. I also would cut :4drmario: and :4darkpit: since I'd rather clones be like Falco or Lucas where they feel more separated in character than their counterpart. But even with cutting those 4 forbidden in the rules, I could see a few more of the characters I listed needing cut or being better off cut in the long run like one of the Gen 1 pokemon.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
:4falco:: We need two Star Fox characters, but why on earth does that imply Fox and Falco instead of Fox and Wolf? Wolf isn't as much a clone as Falco either, so Fox and Wolf provides much better roster variety too.
:4ryu:: I don't like third parties in Smash, but at least Sonic, Pacman, and Megaman bring Nintendo to mind when mentioned outside context of Smash for one reason or another.
:4cloud:: You know who's worse though? Cloud. FFVII was the game that marked the divorce between Square and Nintendo. Cloud is literally the worst possible character from FF to make it into Smash (FFVII is even my favorite FF and one of my favorite games ever)
:4darkpit:: The only even semi-plausible reason why he got in the game at all is Sakurai favoritism. Kid Icarus (again, a franchise I love) is hogging the roster in a really disproportionate way. Like, I get it, clones are easier. But why not do a Dixie as clone of Diddy or Dark Samus as clone of Samus first? I don't even want Dark Samus and I'd prefer that because Metroid is underrepresented unlike Kid Icarus.
:4greninja:: I can guarantee you there's no way on earth I'd still remember Greninja if it wasn't for Smash. He's not nearly as memorable of a Pokemon as people make him out to be and I'd rather just replace him with a Sun & Moon Pokemon. He was honestly my least favorite starter in X&Y.

(Also I'm really sad anyone wants to cut :4shulk:. Xenoblade is way more relevant than Punchout, F-Zero, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, and Mother. It deserves at least one spot and Shulk is more iconic than Rex or Elma)

EDIT: forgot rules, so I guess instead of Dark Pit I'll pick Palutena. She's one of the three I cycle between in Sm4sh. I love playing as her, but enough with KI already.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:4bayonetta: I have zero history with this franchise.
:4cloud: I just prefer characters that have more history with Nintendo
:4corrin: Zero history with franchise, and I don't like promotional characters for already successful franchises. This is better suited for franchises that are obscure or need more attention to be successful.
:4robinm: No history with the franchise.
:4shulk: No history with the franchise, and he doesn't stand out among other RPG sword-fighters design-wise. In Smash, his ability of pressing B to change a stat is not compelling enough for me.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
:4palutena:
Really not fun to play as tbh, not very revelant, nothing about her original or smash design makes you think she'd be a great character. If Dark Pit were unique I'd pick him over Palutena in a heartbeat.
:rosalina:
Not my thing, too floaty and the hitboxes are weird, specials do nothing interesting, not that fun to fight against. Unique character, but, isn't that great. Ice climbers>Rosalina
:4zelda:
Who actually likes playing as Zelda? Unique character but not fun, major rework needed.
:4corrin:
I like corrin and his dragon stuff is cool, but he just isn't that interesting.
:4duckhunt:
No real modern relevancy, fun character but that's about it.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
:4bayonetta2:

I like her franchise, but she's incredibly frustrating and unfair to play against, and she's really not fun to watch at all. I hope she gets reworked in the next game, otherwise I would prefer if she were just deleted from the next roster entirely.

:4wiifit:

Did anyone and I mean ANYONE care about WFT? Anyone? I get she's suppose to be a joke character of sorts, but honestly this is one character from a franchise that has no business being represented in smash.

:4corrinf:

Most irrelevant and pathetically bad lord in terms of character development I've ever seen in the Fire Emblem Franchise. The fact that she (yes I'm aware Corrin can be male, but I'm saying she cause almost everyone plays female Corrin) gets to be represented in smash alongside Marth, Roy, Robin, and Ike is absolutely laughable. Of course those characters aren't prefect either, but they atleast have way better character development than Corrin. I was so hyped for fates and very excited to see that Corrin was gonna be in this game despite the amounts of people whining and complaining about her getting in. Imagine how disappointed I was when I actually played fates. Corrin is the most generic bland main character in the franchise. I would even go as far as to say in any rpg game I've played.

:4lucina:

I like Lucina as a character, but she's way too similar to Marth. At least Roy has more differences that allow him to be unique compared to him, She's really just Marth without tipper, and that really isn't good enough to make her unique.

:4darkpit:

What even is the point? He's almost exactly like Pit in every way. Why bother even including him as a separate character? Might as well be just a skin of Pit.

Update: I just realized you put no clones in your post.......well shoot.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
A lot of corrin hate, I'm a bit surprised. Only Fire Emblem games I played were Awakening and Sacred Stones, is Fates really that bad?

Anyways: :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4kirby:, and of course :4bayonetta:

EDIT: Serious list:
:4bayonetta:- She's only appeared in three games, one of which wasn't even Nintendo exclusive. Snake may have been pushing it, but Bayonetta's also a little too risque. Nothing against the character, though.
:4feroy: - I like playing as Roy, but we don't need two characters based off Marth's moveset. Plus his game is the least popular of all the FE characters.
:4miif::4mii: - Their existence angers me to no end. Their stupid faces make me want to punch a wall.
:4jigglypuff: - Add more Pokemon people care about instead, also Jigglypuff hasn't been good or fun to play as since Melee. She's literally the character you use when you want to burn it into your friend's head that you're so much better than him at Smash.
:4wendy: - Specifically the Wendy alt. The ugliest character on the roster, thank goodness you can't see her on the base roster.

Last edited:

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
A lot of corrin hate, I'm a bit surprised. Only Fire Emblem games I played were Awakening and Sacred Stones, is Fates really that bad?

Anyways: :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4kirby:, and of course :4bayonetta:

EDIT: Serious list:
:4bayonetta:- She's only appeared in three games, one of which wasn't even Nintendo exclusive. Snake may have been pushing it, but Bayonetta's also a little too risque. Nothing against the character, though.
:4feroy: - I like playing as Roy, but we don't need two characters based off Marth's moveset. Plus his game is the least popular of all the FE characters.
:4miif::4mii: - Their existence angers me to no end. Their stupid faces make me want to punch a wall.
:4jigglypuff: - Add more Pokemon people care about instead, also Jigglypuff hasn't been good or fun to play as since Melee. She's literally the character you use when you want to burn it into your friend's head that you're so much better than him at Smash.
:4wendy: - Specifically the Wendy alt. The ugliest character on the roster, thank goodness you can't see her on the base roster.
Do yourself a favor and never play fates. God awful story and characters. Its sad cause the actual story had a lot of potential. A lot of the characters are generic anime tropes and gimmicky with no personality outside of their gimmicky traits, The only game out of the three that's actually worth playing is Conquest and that's only cause the maps in that game are actually well designed and challenging. The map design's in both Birthright and revelations are an absolute Joke. Corrin as I previously mentioned in my post, is inexcusably terrible when it comes to main protagonists in FE games.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
First of all, a shout out to the people who run this site for the April fool's "Ridley Boards". It's pretty funny.

Onto business: :4wiifit::4duckhunt::4robinm::4shulk::4palutena:

Justification: Idk. I play PM and these are just the characters that seem rather lackluster to me. If these characters were cut, I wouldn't care.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4feroy: One Marth is enough.
:4corrin: I don't care for these depressive looking FE characters but at least I promise I wouldn't be so toxic towards FE if they at least included other weapon users, such as an axe wielder, a spear wielder, a magic user, or a bowman. I know main protagonists MUST use a sword for some unwritten rule, but there are far more interesting looking videogame swordsmen out there, and I already feel FE saturated the sword gimmick in smash. Now you could argue that Corrin turns it into a lance, and a dragon mouth, and can shoot fireballs, and his sword is a chainsaw too... but it's getting ridiculous now. Plus, I despise his counter. No, I despise his moveset in general.
:4charizard: Get back to the pokeball with :squirtle::ivysaur:. If there's one character I haven't touched (other than for unlocking stuff) in Smash 4, it's this guy.
:4bayonetta: I don't feel Bayonetta has gained such an iconic status in such a short period of time to have her in. Let alone, be as OP as she is, hogging the light.
:4tlink: He's still a clone. And although I'd much rather have the :younglinkmelee: variant, they can make regular Link a little bit more agile, then remove Tink, and add the 4 guardians from BOTW. Then we'd have 8 Zelda reps. A nice, round number. (I would have stopped at Bayonetta, but I had to add a 5th, so... after a lot of consideration, he came up).

Last edited:

Lyndis4Smash

Smash Rookie
There are some pretty easy cuts left, but I'm writing from the perspective if there "has" to be cuts. I don't mind if there are or aren't in the end, as long as people are happy. Here's what I'd go with though:
  • :4feroy:: A pretty insignificant lord in the grand scheme of the Fire Emblem series. His whole game (and character) are a homage to Marth's. He's a bad representation for the GBA-era games and IMO, I'd prefer if it was one rep, one generation (eg. Marth to rep SNES, Lyn to rep GBA, Ike to rep GC/Wii, Robin to rep 3DS and new MC to rep Switch).
  • :4corrin:: Same reasoning as Roy. Also, by the end of it, he was added to advertise the new game which ended up not being as successful as Awakening anyway. Corrin (especially male) is very divisive in the first place.
  • :4sheik:: Not a very good representative for the Zelda franchise. Should be swapped out for Impa, but keep her kit very similar since they're both Sheikas. I guess you can argue Impa's also not very relevant, which has some merit, but she is largely more notable than Sheik in the realm of their franchises.
  • :4jigglypuff:: Too many generation 1 Pokemon (would prefer if it was 1 Pokemon each generation, but I digress). Jigglypuff was in because of the anime and easy to clone. I know she's been in since the start, but I would be fine with her going for someone more relevant.
  • :4lucas:: I actually like Lucas more than Ness by a lot, but I think Earthbound getting one rep is fine. Could be a safe skin choice instead of a full character choice.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Assuming we aren’t allowed to count the Miis, Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario (all of which I would like to see get cut) I would probably go with:

1. :4jigglypuff: Yes, I know she is an OG from the original game but that’s legit all she has going for her. She is irrelevant in the Pokémon games (always sort of has been) and was only really added because of anime popularity (which she doesn’t appear in anymore). Really no reason to keep her other than to preserve the original 12. Plus there are already a bunch of Pokémon reps and we are likely to get another for Smash 5, and of all the Pokémon she deserves the axe first IMO.

2. :4feroy: Just because, Fire Emblem has too many reps and we will likely get another from the FE Switch game coming out. With that being said, next to Lucina, Roy is probably the one who deserves to be cut next. Another Marth semi-clone.

3. :4corrin: Again too many Fire Emblem reps, if they cut three and add one new one that a total of 4 for Smash 5 which I think is a good number. Marth isn’t going to get cut because he is the main character of the first FE game and been in since Melee. Ike isn’t going to get cut because he is the most popular male FE character, possibly the most popular FE character all-around (especially in the West), and then Robin has a really unique moveset for a FE character being able to use magic (and its worth noting that Awakening saved the Fire Emblem series since it was supposed to be the last game but sold so well). So that leaves Corrin out of luck.

4. :4lucas: Three reasons all combined into one for Lucas: 1) He is a Ness semi-clone, 2) He was in a Japan only game, 3) The Earthbound series is basically dead so only really deserves one rep. Combine all three and it speaks for itself, a semi-clone in a game only in Japan from a dead series? Yeah got to go.

5. :4bayonetta::4cloud::4ryu: I’m going to count them all as one for the following reason: Less third party characters. Me personally I don’t want more than 4 but I’d be okay with 5. I feel like Sonic is basically safe being in back to back games and the partnership of Sega and Nintendo. Pac-Man is pretty hot or miss for a lot of people, but Namco and Nintendo have also worked together here and there (my first thought goes to the Mario Kart arcade game) so keep him. Mega Man has always appeared on Nintendo consoles so keep him. I’d go with cut Ryu, Cloud and Bayo. Cloud has never appeared on a Nintendo console has he? Bayo just feels out of place given the game she comes from. Ryu cause we don’t need 2 Capcom reps in the game.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Do yourself a favor and never play fates. God awful story and characters. Its sad cause the actual story had a lot of potential. A lot of the characters are generic anime tropes and gimmicky with no personality outside of their gimmicky traits, The only game out of the three that's actually worth playing is Conquest and that's only cause the maps in that game are actually well designed and challenging. The map design's in both Birthright and revelations are an absolute Joke. Corrin as I previously mentioned in my post, is inexcusably terrible when it comes to main protagonists in FE games.
I watched a couple walkthroughs on the game but never realized it was that bad. Also would people have been opposed to Azura in Smash as opposed to Corrin? Seems like she could have had a unique moveset with a trident we haven't seen before.

D

Deleted member

Cloud has never appeared on a Nintendo console has he?
He was in a few Final Fantasy spin-offs on the 3DS, and he made cameos in a few of the handheld Kingdom Hearts games, but that's it.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
I watched a couple walkthroughs on the game but never realized it was that bad. Also would people have been opposed to Azura in Smash as opposed to Corrin? Seems like she could have had a unique moveset with a trident we haven't seen before.
I wouldn't necessarily say their bad games. Rather they just aren't that great or really worth playing (except for maybe conquest). As far as Azura is concerned, I really don't like her as a character either, but a lance user would make for an interesting moveset.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
:4cloud:- Honestly I personally dislike him from a design aspect as well as a balance aspect. I would not be sad at all if he were not to return.
:4corrin:- Robin was a way more interesting FE avatar character then Corrin. Corrin is really just very bland in terms of visuals and playstyle.
:4wiifit:- Really don't want to cut her but it's the only one I really see happening. I like how she plays and she is the perfect joke character, but she isn't really iconic enough to stick around.
:4mewtwo:or :4charizard:- Enough whoring out to Gen 1 ok. I want to see some other generations repped that have none.
:4feroy:- I think three is a really good limit for FE, and Roy hasn't been as relevant or original as Marth, Robin, and Ike.

Also for the record I'm not one to advocate downsizing franchises that already have a few reps (these characters come to mind :4palutena::4lucas::4zss::4falco:) because some of these franchises only have Smash to cling on for relevancy.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta:

But actually

:4bayonetta::4littlemac::4corrin::4myfriends::4lucas:

Way too much Fire Emblem and too many swordsman, make Hector playable, takes Ike’s place as heavy and Axe user, so many options in the Fire Emblem universe and the only one i really enjoy is Robin, Corrin was unique which is cool just disike their design

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
:4feroy::4wiifit::4jigglypuff::4tlink::4falco:
Didn't want to cut Toon Link or Falco at all, but being semiclones they're lower priority. Toon Link is a second version of an existing character and I think Wolf stands out more than Falco. Jigglypuff is always right next to the chopping block despite her 64 vet status and isn't relevant to her own franchise: one that thrives on constantly introducing characters newer and more exciting than her. Wii Fit Trainer is weird here as the only character of the 5 who doesn't take from another, but I can potentially see higher ups at Nintendo asking Sakurai to omit her, given that the Wii era ended in failure with the Wii U unlike the other era reps of old. Roy is one of 3 Marth movesets on the roster, and doesn't have Intelligent Systems' support in the same way Lucina does, so I can see Lucina being made more distinct from Marth at Roy's expense.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
:4corrin:: We already have Robin representing this era of Fire Emblem games, and is a much better character to keep in Smash over Corrin, in my honest opinion. Not to mention, Corrin's inclusion was for the sake of advertising Fates, and we also have way too many Fire Emblem characters as well. I can see Corrin returning as DLC again, but definitely on the base roster.

:4wiifit:: Nintendo likely wants to get away from the Wii and Wii U era to appeal to older audiences now, and Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't be relevant anymore. Plus, essentially nobody asked for her to be put in Smash, and I don't really think too many people would even miss her if she were cut.

:4cloud:: This is because I feel like Square will be stingy with their IPs, and Cloud will be hard to get back into Smash Bros., unfortunately. I'd love to keep him, but I feel like he's very likely to get the axe.

:4ryu:: As cool as Ryu is, Capcom really only needed one rep, but if Sakurai is cool with 2 reps from Capcom again, I feel like Ryu will end up being switched out for another character, possibly a Monster Hunter character, for example.

:4jigglypuff:: If I didn't have to cut 5, Puff would've stayed, but I've never been the biggest fan of her anyways. Even though she's part of the original 12, she's definitely not as popular as she used to be, compared to the likes of Mewtwo and Charizard. There's already 4 generation 1 reps in Smash as well, and I'd definitely cut Jigglypuff over Zard and Mewtwo, if I had to cut one of the three. I'd probably bring her back as DLC, though.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'd try to cut characters who people would least mind being cut. Fortunately, this thread provides a decent sample of North American (and European?) Smash Bros. fans to gauge who could or should be cut, excluding the three last-minute clones and the Mii Fighters.

I tallied up the votes people made in this thread for people to cut. Here's the complete vote tallies below:

Bowser 1
Donkey Kong 1
Zelda 1
Fox 1
Pikachu 1
Olimar 1
Diddy Kong 2
Pit 2
Marth 2
Mewtwo 2
Captain Falcon 2
Ness 2
Villager 2
Megaman 2
Little Mac 3
Sonic 5
Ganondorf 6
Ike 6
Mr. Game & Watch 6
Rosalina 7
Falco 7
Shulk 7
Pac-Man 10
Zero Suit Samus 11
Duck Hunt 11
R.O.B. 12
Palutena 13
Robin 13
Lucario 13
Sheik 16
Toon Link 16
Charizard 16
Bowser Jr. 18
Greninja 19
Lucas 22
Ryu 23
Jigglypuff 26
Bayonetta 37
Wii Fit Trainer 39
Cloud Strife 47
Roy 48
Corrin 59

Based on the vote, the 5 characters who can left out with minimal outrage are: :4corrin: :4feroy: :4cloud: :4bayonetta: :4wiifit:

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd try to cut characters who people would least mind being cut. Fortunately, this thread provides a decent sample of North American (and European?) Smash Bros. fans to gauge who could or should be cut, excluding the three last-minute clones and the Mii Fighters.

I tallied up the votes people made in this thread for people to cut. Here's the complete vote tallies below:

Bowser 1
Donkey Kong 1
Zelda 1
Fox 1
Pikachu 1
Olimar 1
Diddy Kong 2
Pit 2
Marth 2
Mewtwo 2
Captain Falcon 2
Ness 2
Villager 2
Megaman 2
Little Mac 3
Sonic 5
Ganondorf 6
Ike 6
Mr. Game & Watch 6
Rosalina 7
Falco 7
Shulk 7
Pac-Man 10
Zero Suit Samus 11
Duck Hunt 11
R.O.B. 12
Palutena 13
Robin 13
Lucario 13
Sheik 16
Toon Link 16
Charizard 16
Bowser Jr. 18
Greninja 19
Lucas 22
Ryu 23
Jigglypuff 26
Bayonetta 37
Wii Fit Trainer 39
Cloud Strife 47
Roy 48
Corrin 59

Based on the vote, the 5 characters who can left out with minimal outrage are: :4corrin: :4feroy: :4cloud: :4bayonetta: :4wiifit:
Who the heck wanted Zelda, Bowser, and Donkey Kong cut lol?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Assuming this means character we would choose to remove if we have to choose five:

:4robinm::4robinf: (we don't need 2 from the same FE, plus I don't really like playing as them)

:4corrin::4corrinf: (Don't really like playing as them, and plus, they're not that popular from what I know)

:4wiifit::4wiifitm: (They're mostly just there as a joke character, it's funny that they're there but I won't care if they're cut. They're my least favorite to play as)

1 of, but not both of, :4lucario: and :4greninja:, and replace them with another pokemon (most likely Decidueye). Either Greninja because he's the least popular pokemon of the smash 4 ones (though still popular) and mainly there to be a popular pokemon from the most recent gen (which a gen 7 pokemon would replace), or Lucario because of his playstyle being soemthing that people can hate or be really annoyed by (and plus, if Decidueye is in the next one, it'd be cool to see a final evolved starter for all three starter types in there)

:4cloud:or :4bayonetta:, I feel like Bayonetta could be an interesting and fun character but I'm not sure if there's a way to make her balanced and not so heavily annoying to everyone while simutaneously be viable. If they can do that, however, then I choose Cloud

I know Jigglypuff is a popular choice for this, but I love Jigglypuff, so I don't want her removed :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who the heck wanted Zelda, Bowser, and Donkey Kong cut lol?
I was just joking around, really. "Cut Link because his BotW incarnation is in, cut Zelda because she'll likely be replaced by her BotW incarnation too." I would never want Zelda cut.

EDIT: Never mind. Looking back at all the posts, I realize they probably didn't count mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
:4cloud:
I’d rather have a square enix rep more closely associated with Nintendo

:4sheik:
She only had one appearance in ocarina of time, either give Impa her moveset or give her elements of it

:4jigglypuff:

There are way better choices for a Pokémon rep, I know she’s iconic and a smash staple as this point but there are hundreds of Pokémon I’d rather see. Not to mention we already have 4 Gen 1 Pokémon

:4feroy:

I understand people have nostalgia for him and he’s different from Marth, but now that fire emblem is a bigger franchise he should be replaced with a more iconic/popular character like Lyn. I also don’t understand why so many people want Corrin cut, she has a unique moveset at least and is fun to play.

:4tlink:

He’s still very similar to Link, ideally i’d want the default link to be based on breath of the wild moveset-wise, cut both of the Links we’ve had in smash, and add a new character called Classic Link that’s a mix of the previous Link and Toon Link and represents that classic moveset.

Last edited:

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
:4sheik:: Only cut her as a separate character from Zelda. The only reason they are separate is because of the 3DS hardware limitations. Since the Switch will not have these problems (I mean, even the GameCube didn't have those problems), I think we should go back to Zelda and Sheik being one character.
:4wiifit:: This will most likely happen. Wii Fit wasn't relevant even when Sm4sh came out, and now Nintendo has finished the Wii family of consoles. The chances of her coming back are very, very, very, very slim.
:4olimar:: Olimar is easily one of the worst characters in Smash to date. Even Olimar mains have some trouble getting used to controlling him. The fact that he only has 3 attacks without Pikmin is just deplorable. So please, end his suffering.
:4greninja:: I really don't understand why Greninja is in Smash to begin with. Generation 6 hadn't even come out when Sm4sh was released. People really don't care about generation 6 that much anyways. They shoud probably go for something more relevant in Smash Switch. (I don't really know anything about Pokémon, sorry if my facts are wrong)
:4bayonetta:: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CUT BAYONETTA NOW!!!!!!!!

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
"She"
I still believe I am the only person that plays as male Corrin/remembers he exists.
The female version is used as the default everywhere else (fire emblem warriors, fire emblem heroes)
And she has a much better design, if she returns make her the default.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
For whom I will cut I will use the ones that I cut for my rosters.
1. :4wiifit:
2. :4feroy:
3. :4cloud:
4. :4sheik:
5. :4bayonetta:
(PS: Ms. Bay was not cut on my rosters but I added her anyway.)

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
My SSB5 Roster will cut THESE Characters out:
A. :4bayonetta::4bayonetta2: Bayonetta(TOO OP, and I Despise that Demonic Witch!!)
B. :4wiifitm::4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer(who cares about Fitness anymore; I Might want THIS Relic of the Wii Era to go to the Cutting Room Floor, BUT As I've made Clear SEVERAL TIMES, I Want Mii Fighters to Remain in Smash; I'm never giving up on Miis; I Still use my own mii as my personal Avatar on the Switch instead of just opting to use Pictures of Nintendo Characters; If the Big N WERE to Replace Miis in the future; I want them to make a New Nintendo Avatar, If Microsoft can revamp their Avatars, Why can't Nintendo, make the 2.0 version of Miis?!!)
C. :4tlink:Toon Link(Seriously, I don't care for him, and Wind Waker's Old News, and THAT'S including the HD Remake on Wii U; and I'd Rather have Young Link, complete with The Fierce Deity's Mask transformation as his Final Smash; and especially since MM3D is Much more recent and Relevant than WWHD, especially since The 3DS has Outlived the Wii U)
D.:4marth: Marth[Why does he still exist in smash?! He's No Longer Relevevant; and Roy's still a Better Choice for a returning FE character, due to his incorporating Fire into his Sword-based Moveset, AND included in his Fiery Critical Hit Final Smash, while Marth comes across as Nintendo's MOST Generic Swordfighter, whom even Link has more variety with his Moves(And That's not Even Including the Upcoming BOTW Incarnation of Link Coming to SSB5 for Nintendo Switch; who will be Incorporating His Champion Powers, I.E. Revali's Gale, Urbosa's Fury, Daruk's Protection, etc)]
E. :4darkpit: Dark Pit(Basically Evilized Pit Clone with A Ripoff of The Final smash stolen from Zelda & Sheik, albeit as a staff and not a Bow)

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
  1. :4pacman: - At first, I had great hopes for PAC-MAN, but he ended up being a very boring character. Honestly, why would you pick him anyway? He is so weak and bland.
  2. :4palutena: - Another very boring character to play as, despite my love for the franchise and the character. Either she gets a massive overhaul, or she gets cut.
  3. :4robinm: - Probably, the most boring character to play as. At least, to me. When I pick a FE character, and I do so often, because I like the series, Robin is always the last character that comes to my mind. He is slow, has boring moves and really is no fun to play as, at least to me.
  4. :4sheik: and
  5. :4zss: - They're basically in for the same reason: it feels very weird to fight Sheik as Zelda or ZSS as Samus. And since Zelda and Samus are by far the more iconic "personae" in their respective duo, why not cut Sheik and ZSS?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4lucina::4corrin:

Guess which franchise I don't like.

(Robin can stay because magic)

Top Bottom