• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Current State of the Poké Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Shimazu, it's basic. Chill needs to leave so that lil ol' Tery can get his wish and become a moderator like he has always wanted. It's simple as that, and he's trying to avoid directly saying it.
Lolololololol, the day that happens is the day you'll never see me in this board again.
For the love of god, this argument is what got this closed in the first place, so stop it already.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As Roacherm- Celebi stated I won't wish to continue the arguement. However, I will remark that I simply am criticizing Chill for his absence, as many other members have as well, including Spire. I'm not saying who should be Modded to take his place (although people who would be strong candidates are Articanus, etc.) merely addressing the problem of not having a full panel of Moderators. This is what's causing this argument of the extreme leniency present in the boards.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This is the kind of *****ing and trolling that caused all hell to break loose, I'd appreciate it if you stopped that MK.

M.K

Level 55
UltiMario, I'm pretty sure everybody is tired of everything you have to say.
And no, you're not the only person with "the balls" to say something, like you so claimed in a visitor message to your supporters, who indeed told you to cool your OWN jets because it's becoming something you don't have the ability to handle in a decent respect.
And don't you dare call me a troll, you little prick.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd rather have to be infracted for doing something wrong rather than taking away our privileges to even post to make sure it doesn't happen.

You punish the people that need to be punished, you don't punish the people that don't need to be punished. You guys have to learn that you have to infract to punish the troublemakers rather than letting the troublemakers free and everyone else gets the REAL punishment, punishment for nothing.
For my part I've been trying to infract the troublemakers for the one week I've been a mod thus far.

The whole point of this thread is that the mods aren't doing their jobs right, you don't punish the whole room for a few posts. PR is telling you to do your ****ing jobs right, of course I agree with him. At least I've been LISTENING to some of your arguments and seeing points to moderation being a bit more tight, but you guys don't back down from these ridiculous moderating claims one bit.

Also, you guys are always hitting too lax or too harsh because not a single moderator has seemed to give a **** about ANYONE'S OPINION that is not a moderator ever. EVER. These are what allow there to be perfect mediums, but if you reject EVERY SINGLE NON-MODERATOR OPINION, then it never happens. Let us socialize, and there are global rules there for a reasons. If the moderation team is too lazy to actually moderate, and instead just bans socializing so they don't actually have to bother moderating, then you don't deserve the title.
Unless you can somehow see where infractions have/haven't been given, stop saying that we don't infract / are too lazy to infract. Spire said he tries to avoid banning people, he never said he doesn't infract people.

It's hard to listen to you when you're acting completely irrationally. You're complaining because we're not listening to you, but you decided that the Snorlax Room being closed was irrational and you went straight to revolting, calling us liars, telling Spire he's biased and throwing a hissyfit. How are we supposed to "listen" to that? All you've done is TOLD us to re-open the Snorlax Room, forcefully opened a new one yourself, etc. You SAY you're listening to us but you seem to have spent this entire conversation insisting that we're wrong and demanding change.

--------

Also MK, we've got enough that we're trying to deal with right now without you trying to troll more drama into place here. That crap started this whole thing in the first place so don't start it up again.

Personal attacks are not going to cut it here, I'm going to start infracting if need be to stop more drama from starting up.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Shimazu, it's basic. Chill needs to leave so that lil ol' Tery can get his wish and become a moderator like he has always wanted. It's simple as that, and he's trying to avoid directly saying it.
Lolololololol, the day that happens is the day you'll never see me in this board again.
And nothing of value was lost.

Truthfully, this is just what happens when people take this too seriously. This is a forum, there's basic codes of conduct, but you're getting worked up like a bunch of little kids over this when you just need to chill, step back, and realize that this all isn't such a big deal.

Also, Spire does hand out infractions. Just sayin'.

D

Deleted member

As a moderator, you should be aware that any source of conflict can lead to drama. Instead, find manageable and cooperative methods to mend the members. Make friends with them, send PMs or visitor messages or talk to them on AIM.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Kirbyraeg is right. More 90% of all my infractions are from him >_>

But considering that I don't have much infractions to begin with... yeah

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Strategically replying to posts is great. Kind of like what trolls do. They ignore all accusations of trollery and just continue trolling people who honestly reply to their posts.
Closing the Snorlax Room permanently is like debtor's prison. It accomplishes nothing. Sure, we didn't pay our taxes, how how does going to jail for it help?
I'm still not sure what closing the Snorlax Room is trying to accomplish. No one has explained this to me.
How the **** will that fix anything? Where is this logic? Closing a thread of spam does not shut down our alleged spam needs. I suppose completely quitting heroin all at once is a good thing. No such thing as cold turkey.

Also, more evidence that this was a bad idea:
stupid **** like this happened

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unless you can somehow see where infractions have/haven't been given, stop saying that we don't infract / are too lazy to infract. Spire said he tries to avoid banning people, he never said he doesn't infract people.

...you decided that the Snorlax Room being closed was irrational...
I'm only saying that because you're taking away our social thread rather than giving infractions to troublemakers in the said thread. You're not punishing the spammers, your punishing everyone else for what spammers do. We've said this a million times. You refuse to properly moderate a social thread to cut down on stuff, so you close it. As wave said, what are you accomplishing with this? You're not targeting the problem at all.

For the second part, a lot of your logic rests on this line.

Once again, closing the Snorlax Room forever IS irrational. It accomplishes nothing in terms of targeting Spammers, and truthfully had no reason to be closed for more than 48 hours for everyone to cool off. The new code is accomplishing nothing that it's supposed to, and it just causing more trouble than there needs to be. Is THAT rational logic for ya?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
UltiMario, I'm pretty sure everybody is tired of everything you have to say.
And no, you're not the only person with "the balls" to say something, like you so claimed in a visitor message to your supporters, who indeed told you to cool your OWN jets because it's becoming something you don't have the ability to handle in a decent respect.
And don't you dare call me a troll, you little prick.
That's not true. Except you, everyone actually cares to hear what he says, as everyone wants to resolve it. That is a very rude and irrational thing to say. Also, at least he has guts to say what is on his mind, which is a good quality (that you lack it seems).

He does need to calm down, but again name calling? You must be a child.

Hardly the only thing that got it closed.
Check your information before making stupid posts.
This is true, but then again, you were the final straw. You should probably feel a bit more guilty.

And nothing of value was lost.

Truthfully, this is just what happens when people take this too seriously. This is a forum, there's basic codes of conduct, but you're getting worked up like a bunch of little kids over this when you just need to chill, step back, and realize that this all isn't such a big deal.

Also, Spire does hand out infractions. Just sayin'.
This whole thing is true. Everyone should abide by this.

Not meaning to target you MK I just don't get your deal. You act so odd, and you seem to love to point fingers and act important. (Not to mention people laugh at the fact you threaten to leave, which is never really a good thing) You should stop placing yourself on such a pedestal before you fall down =/.

Anyways, if it means anything, I'm sure I've done my fair share of spam here, and I'm sorry. Just saying. And you know, now looking at threads such as the Salamence Debate, and the Pokemon Problem thread not being closed, I see favoritism over one board was a bit drawn out. Though I think the punishment is wrong like Ulti says, I do think some extreme dramatic lines were drawn for this, and I didn't help the matter.

M.K

Level 55
That's not true. Except you, everyone actually cares to hear what he says, as everyone wants to resolve it. That is a very rude and irrational thing to say. Also, at least he has guts to say what is on his mind, which is a good quality (that you lack it seems).
His own supporters have told him to cool down because he's making this bigger than it originally should have ever been. And I don't know how much more "say what's on your mind" then I'm doing right now.
Also, he's confusing "having the balls to say something" with "being an utter douchebag to the moderators".

He does need to calm down, but again name calling? You must be a child.
Chill out, if you can't take a simple insult than GTFOff the internet.

This is true, but then again, you were the final straw. You should probably feel a bit more guilty.
Oh lawdy lawdy, PokeGod, please repent my sins!! I have been evah so bad!!
I don't care that the Snorlax Room is closed. Apparently other people do (very much) enough to completely disregard the moderator and make ANOTHER one.

The truth is, the moderators have TOLD you guys what you need to do in order to get the privileges back. There is NO USE fighting against what they say, whether it's right or wrong, because that's the way the cookie crumbles.
You doom yourself with the ways you try to slide through the loopholes, only to be caught by your britches and yanked back farther than you started.
It's just aggravating, because EVERYONE in this thread is ignoring the parts of the moderator's comments that have (basically) DIRECTIONS to your destination. Ulti, you specifically nitpicked Firus' post AROUND the actually important bit.

Not meaning to target you MK I just don't get your deal. You act so odd, and you seem to love to point fingers and act important. (Not to mention people laugh at the fact you threaten to leave, which is never really a good thing) You should stop placing yourself on such a pedestal before you fall down =/.
I told you through a Private Message what my intentions are. Since it's been so publically debated as to why I act the way I do, I might as well post this here:

In the era of the CPS and moderators like Jesiah and Umbreon, we had our share of professionalism and modesty. I found the environment to be more....professional, and quainter. Sure, we had our share of drama, but nothing that was as.....how I should say, immature as some of the things I see now.
Now, when I look at the PC, I see no heart in anything. All the projects are simply....work that needs to be done. I don't see any passion being put into anything specific, and that makes me pretty sad. I mean, I have nothing against a solidly well-thought out project that is carried through with huge support. Rather, I see fault when somebody starts so many that they become unmanageable. Granted, you may call Tery overambitious, but I suppose I find it rather annoying that these threads are clogging the boards.
Sometimes I look at the projects that he begins and ask myself "for what purpose does this thread serve?". One day, I actually went down the page to find 8 of the threads on the first page started by Tery. Granted, if these were interesting threads, I'd have no problem, but they just aren't. Most are projects in the early stages, or half-thought out projects, or threads with no backbone whatsoever.
I'll be honest with you, I've heard alot from moderators. I talk to them alot, and it's fun to hear some stories. However, when I tell you that Tery pretty much is demising himself by asking for modship on multiple occasions (which he has via PM to mods), it's no lie.
And rather lately, I've found that his projects have been less and less thought out, which makes me feel like there is some ulterior movement behind what he does, which I believe is just..becoming a moderator.
I know he's trying to build up a fanbase among the PC. Which, he has, but with people who had never known a PC before him. They think....that the PC is as active as ever....and it may be active, but it sure isn't, should I say, productive. And yet, some people blindly follow him because he makes these projects, and it's annoying, because (as you saw) you can't say anything against him without feeling the pain from....alot of people >_>;;
This should rather be the way I went about things earlier, but my emotions got in the way. I hope you can understand that my nostalgia from a previous era of the PC is souring the current PC's mood. There are alot of people that have PM'd me in the past with these same sentiments, so I'm not alone, but it's just the way I handled it that I regret the most.

=MK=
Might I remind you that to the above, you responded that you completely understood and if I had posted this in the first place, you would've been more likely to understand.

So there, that's everything I have to say about everyone. Tery, this was still back when I was FUMING at you, so don't take what I said as incredibly personal. It's just what I have to say.

I'm not a spiteful person, I'm REALLY not, but this community has gone so downhill that it's VERY stressful trying to find time to repair it. Sometimes I question why I come back, but alot of my roots are here, and I CANNOT deny that.
I'm not on a pedestal as you claim, I simply KNOW what it was like before this era, and I prefer that so much that my emotions get in the way. After 10,000 idiotic, one-liners, your brain just snaps, because you can't take it anymore.
Anyone can tell you that I'm not a mean person, and I'm very sorry that the community sees me as worthless, but I'm not at all.
Yes, I was one of the original members of the CPS, the best project that the PC has ever had. Do I use this as leverage? Of course I do. Is this right? Maybe, maybe not, alot of you seem to disregard the amount of success we had in the past as a driving force behind the PC.

Yet, I see nobody standing up and asking "Well, how did you guys make the CPS work?" or "How can we change to be a more successful/productive/intelligent community?".

No, everybody just wants to stand around and say "This is what I want, this is how I demand it, and I'm IMPORTANT enough to receive that, and it's final."

When someone says "No, and here's why." you say "No, This is what I want, this is how I demand it, and I'm IMPORTANT enough to receive that, and it's final."

Do you see the continuous cycle that you all are putting yourselves through? Get out of the cycle and BE PRODUCTIVE.

You can't honestly tell me that after starting god-knows-how-many projects in the past, you honestly have NO idea how to centralize your thoughts into a newer, productive thread? How to manifest the energy of your urge to socialize into a project benefitting the Poke Community? C'mon guys, even I have the faith in you to do that.

The truth is, I'm a cold-hearted person because of what I've seen through the years. I've been here since 2007, so after 3 years, I've never seen the PC in such a rough, unkempt shape. And that is very very hard to take because it's stressful and saddening. That's why I come off the way I do. I don't want you to look down upon me, and I feel horribly insulted that I'm worthless to the community, but I suppose it's just the way I've come off. V_V

And guys, don't be so hard on Firus. On multiple occasions so far, he's contacted me telling me how difficult it has been to resolve this situation. You are making this VERY difficult for two people to sort through, and it's very tedious work responding to all of your claims. Firus is , essentially, overwhelmed. The guy has been a moderator for like, what, a week? Cut him some slack for goodness sake.

So yeah.....that's me in a nutshell.

Hi, I'm Meta-Kirby, how are you?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not trying to make this into a heated discussion, just trying to figure what makes you, you. In a casual conversation on an online forum.

Which one of my projects in particular are we talking about? SmashCAP is nowhere near beginning stages, and BOTW and PSC are well in their "medium" phases, with BOTW 9 and PSC 7 coming up. My other projects - CCAT died almost instantly, and the Interviews also faded out after the beginning, so I'm not sure which projects in their begining stages you're referencing.

Just being curious. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is true, but then again, you were the final straw.
Which implies there was a lot of straws.

I'm not sure what the reason behind the thread's closure was, but the way you're all acting right now, I'm tempted to say he was right simply because of your behavior in this thread. It's not helping your case in the slightest.

If you have a problem with a moderator and you can't resolve it with PM's, go to forum support, post a clear, concise FACTUAL account on the problem. Provide links, and an admin will hear your case and deal with it as necessary. All this is gonna do if it keeps up is call the 4 horsemen in here.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm good XD. For the record I never said anything on Firus, he barely just became modded, didn't he? Man... it must suck to be a new mod and then this happen right afterwards.

Also, all I'm saying is the mindset "They're mods, trying to prove your point is pointless" is a very bad mindset for the real world. Thinking like that will make you a drone, a follower, and ultimately you'll never go anywhere special (or important, or happy)

I agree being mad about it doesn't help (and Ulti seems mad), but shushing up and not defending what you think is wrong too.

And direct insults are a mediocre way of attacking someone D=. And Prick makes me think of Pricklys on Dark Cloud.

Anyways the weather is fine.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What? We all know that I'm the one for the mod job. I'm the most law abyding citizen in the Pokecenter, right guys :bee:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh lawdy lawdy, PokeGod, please repent my sins!! I have been evah so bad!!
I don't care that the Snorlax Room is closed. Apparently other people do (very much) enough to completely disregard the moderator and make ANOTHER one.
Well, the truth is here that I wanted to prove that we could be mature with a social thread and get 30 or 40 intelligent posts across to prove something before the mods got to it, but it didn't make it far enough. By sheer coincidence, it also agreed with ideals Zook had, which Spire agreed with, yet he disagrees with the actual social thread existing. Confusing.
The truth is, the moderators have TOLD you guys what you need to do in order to get the privileges back. There is NO USE fighting against what they say, whether it's right or wrong, because that's the way the cookie crumbles.
You doom yourself with the ways you try to slide through the loopholes, only to be caught by your britches and yanked back farther than you started.
That's called "The moderator's trump card", which is "I'm right, even if I am wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it, so go away". The problem with that trump card, as any, is that it can cause consequences. Pulling it and then said pull be complained about in forum support could cause.... problems within the staff if complaints are in high volume.
The ultimate loophole is that we're all human, and you can't be right every time, so when a large group of people notices you're not... it can be... fixed.

It's just aggravating, because EVERYONE in this thread is ignoring the parts of the moderator's comments that have (basically) DIRECTIONS to your destination. Ulti, you specifically nitpicked Firus' post AROUND the actually important bit.
The important bit is that they're logic is full of holes, while mine, albeit said in a rather rude way, actually holds water, and focusing on how I'm being rude as a way to get around an argument.... doesn't actually get around the argument...

The thing in quotes I cannot quote because it is in quotes
Eh, no spirit/soul in projects? I certainly have fun doing a good number of them, and I'm sure other do. Not sure what you're talking about here.

I'm not a spiteful person, I'm REALLY not, but this community has gone so downhill that it's VERY stressful trying to find time to repair it.
Well, it depends where you end when you say "downhill".... if you say the end is right at this moment, then yeah.
After 10,000 idiotic, one-liners, your brain just snaps, because you can't take it anymore.
Exaggerating the problem much?

When someone says "No, and here's why." you say "No, This is what I want, this is how I demand it, and I'm IMPORTANT enough to receive that, and it's final."

Do you see the continuous cycle that you all are putting yourselves through? Get out of the cycle and BE PRODUCTIVE.
First part is a bit incorrect. Mods made a silly mistake and don't plan to clean up their mess. I want to make sure it's cleaned up.

It's also pretty productive cleaning up a mod's mess IMO.

And guys, don't be so hard on Firus. On multiple occasions so far, he's contacted me telling me how difficult it has been to resolve this situation. You are making this VERY difficult for two people to sort through, and it's very tedious work responding to all of your claims. Firus is , essentially, overwhelmed. The guy has been a moderator for like, what, a week? Cut him some slack for goodness sake.
I guess, it's just that Firus is coming in as a tag buddy for Spire, which isn't working out for him...

------------------

@Mic- Well, I'm sure if things won't work out well here I'll be off to forum support for another trip. Hopefully they will.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This will PROBABLY be my last post for the night, I just want to ask a question.

Is it really so hard to try and convince a compromise here? Some want old, some what new, so to end this argument you need to meet somewhere in the middle, right?
Is it really so hard to re-open the old Snorlax room, and enforce the regular global rules, you know, ACTUALLY dishing out warnings, infractions, or even bans if needed? Isn't this how it's supposed to be to begin with? Isn't this what mods and posters are supposed to uphold? Is there a problem with this? Does anyone have an actual objection to this? A good reason why we haven't been doing it this way nor why we aren't doing it this way now? Is there really any reason NOT to do this? I don't think anyone can even argue with it, considering it would be standard rules, standard practice.

Can we just do this so everyone can move on with their lives? It's the balance between both sides that works out the best because it's how it's supposed to be.

Really.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lemme try being a mod.

[clears throat]

Is it really so hard to try and convince a compromise here?
Yes.

Some want old, some what new, so to end this argument you need to meet somewhere in the middle, right?
Ideally, yes, but then you wouldn't learn your lesson for being a dirty spammer and the punishment is void.

Is it really so hard to re-open the old Snorlax room, and enforce the regular global rules, you know, ACTUALLY dishing out warnings, infractions, or even bans if needed?
Yes, it makes me feel icky.

Isn't this how it's supposed to be to begin with? Isn't this what mods and posters are supposed to uphold?
Yes.

Is there a problem with this?
Yes, the ickiness.

Does anyone have an actual objection to this?
Yes.

A good reason why we haven't been doing it this way nor why we aren't doing it this way now?
Ickiness, come on.

Is there really any reason NOT to do this? I don't think anyone can even argue with it, considering it would be standard rules, standard practice.
Ickiness.

Can we just do this so everyone can move on with their lives? It's the balance between both sides that works out the best because it's how it's supposed to be.
No.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Guys, we need to give the mods a break. I'm not denying that there are problems with the Poke Center, big problems in fact. However, I feel like a lot of the issues are due to US and that the mods are working to fix them. Instead of complaining and saying how much better YOU would do if you were mod, you could actually help fix it.

Be rational and calm =/

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Oh goodness.

I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm on vacation which is my reason for not posting. I've had a computer for quite a while now. However, due to the fact that I'm on vacation I'm not doing any modding. I've gone the last four days without a computer to use and when I do have one I'm typically borrowing it from someone else so I won't spend more than 5 or 10 minutes on it.

I announced my impending absence in the staffer shack so I didn't dissapear without warning. I don't intend to make threads announcing my departure because I don't consider myself so god**** important on the internet that everyone needs to know what I'm up to at all times.

If you're wondering where I am you can always ask me. 'hey Chill I haven't seen you in a few days, this area looks like it needs help, where are you, etc'. Only one person has contacted me like this since I left home.

Enough about me though. My biggest problem with this thread is that you guys are going about this the wrong way. If you have a concern about the pokecenter speak to the mods about it. That's why we are here.Don't hold onto your frustrations until they boil over and you simply end up spewing hate at the mods and other members.No one is going to take you seriously if you do that.

I could go on but I'm out of time again. there's no need to be wordy. If you have a problem, talk to the mods. It's pretty simple.

Also, <3

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Ult, I just wanted to throw this out there. Sometimes when a social thread gets out of control it gets closed. This isn't the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. If a social thread get's too crazy, infracting becomes a waste of time as opposed to a effective tool.

I'm not saying that's what happened to the SR (I haven't had time to look at it yet) but it's something to consider.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
i agree with mic, ban crashic.

and im aware that social threads get closed temporarily chill, i've seen it happen before. but spire's announcement states it will never be opened again. The thing that bothers me is that the thread itself was never moderated, it got out of hand, no one was punishedd or warned, thread was closed. There was a step missed there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well here's the thing with social threads, PR...

First of all it's a social thread so I treated it looser than the rest of the PC. Secondly, I publicly warned people via posting in the thread. Thirdly, I did hand out some infractions here and there. It's the fact that no one listened when I publicly warned and the infractions really had no effect.

Look, I am not going to reopen it, but if you guys can do what Mic suggested and convince a higher up (like himself) to reopen it, then it'll reopen.

@UltiMario: here are a couple examples of why I hate spam in the PC:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262716
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269358

I didn't infract or even close the second one, but since I gave you that infraction for the first one, you've always been on my case about everything you can get ahold of. I'd love to infract you for personally trolling me because that's what this whole debacle looks to be about. It's not about you losing the Snorlax Room, it's about you wanting to get back at me for something, yet all you've managed to accuse me of is bad moderating on account that I don't infract enough. I've done what I could for the PC. I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands, so scanning through threads simply to infract would be both a waste of my time and interest. I've personally done far more for this room than you could even dream of, when it comes to projects, moderating, and revamping the entire PC to have two useful subforums and the saving and change of the defunct Pokemon Researcher user group into Pokémon Master. Why did I make countless sprites back in the CPS days? For you guys. Why have I contributed to numerous group projects? For you guys. Why did I fight for months for the PC revamp? For you guys. Why do I continue modding the PC? For you guys. I get nothing out of modding this place, but I spend my own time apart from everything else I could be doing to try and keep this place in shape. You want me to infract, I'll start infracting for every pointless and ******** post/thread you make from now on.

I feel like Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino. Punks like you just don't understand any old values, so get off my lawn.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
First of all it's a social thread so I treated it looser than the rest of the PC. Secondly, I publicly warned people via posting in the thread. Thirdly, I did hand out some infractions here and there. It's the fact that no one listened when I publicly warned and the infractions really had no effect.
That would be one of the problems. If you send people "real warnings" it's a bit harder to ignore.

Look, I am not going to reopen it, but if you guys can do what Mic suggested and convince a higher up (like himself) to reopen it, then it'll reopen.
And why not? There wasn't a reason to close it for more than a day or two in the first place, you even SAID that it was a temporary close and then suddenly changed your mind. You close it for one reason and then refuse to re-open it for another. -_-
Hardy har har, just trying to draw bad blood, aren't you Spire.

But it's the fact that you closed this place when you did that tells me that it was definitely something else that made you snap.

I'd love to infract you for personally trolling me because that's what this whole debacle looks to be about.
Well then, it looks like you haven't listened to a single word I said, then. I may be rude while doing so, but saying that I'm rude doesn't beat out the logic, does it? Maybe you should actually pay attention to what I'm trying to say.

It's not about you losing the Snorlax Room, it's about you wanting to get back at me for something, yet all you've managed to accuse me of is bad moderating on account that I don't infract enough.
I accuse you for being human and making a bad decision, and I want to help fix that, the fact you're too stubborn to listen means that the revolution route is necessary.
I've done what I could for the PC. I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands, so scanning through threads simply to infract would be both a waste of my time and interest. I've personally done far more for this room than you could even dream of, when it comes to projects, moderating, and revamping the entire PC to have two useful subforums and the saving and change of the defunct Pokemon Researcher user group into Pokémon Master. Why did I make countless sprites back in the CPS days? For you guys. Why have I contributed to numerous group projects? For you guys. Why did I fight for months for the PC revamp? For you guys. Why do I continue modding the PC? For you guys. I get nothing out of modding this place, but I spend my own time apart from everything else I could be doing to try and keep this place in shape.
Not sure if it means much, but I'd do the same because I like the place and would have fun with it all. Yes, you've worked hard but now that you've made a small slip-up you won't back from it.

You want me to infract, I'll start infracting for every pointless and ******** post/thread you make from now on.
...and the wording kills this. Assuming what you really meant to say was the exact thing you said here... you're specifically targeting me, I would assume for starting this in the first place, I can understand why you might be frustrated with me, but it seems all you want to do is refuse to fix up your mistake and just draw out as much hot blood between us as possible.

Punks like you just don't understand any old values, so get off my lawn.
My priority is to make the Poke Center not suffer the fate of the Disco Room. Sudden new rules and mods refusing to listen (albeit now it's the moderators making the first move against rule breaking rather than the members) leads into a slow, spiraling collapse of the room.

So **** old values, it happened once, I refuse to let it happen here too!

Also, Spire, from the last few posts I made, how about you individually respond to MY logic, because I would REALLY like that because my last few posts were pretty important. Kthx.

D

Deleted member

I've personally done far more for this room than you could even dream of, when it comes to projects, moderating, and revamping the entire PC to have two useful subforums and the saving and change of the defunct Pokemon Researcher user group into Pokémon Master.

I feel like Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino. Punks like you just don't understand any old values, so get off my lawn.
Talk to me on aim about it, let me help you. Your situation is how mine was before.

ultimario, you're not helping even if you think you are. give it a rest for a week and let the mods clean up the room accordingly, then come with your case in a civil manner. you are acting like you are on opposing sides from the moderation and you're not. stop working against them and work with them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not sure if it means much, but I'd do the same because I like the place and would have fun with it all. Yes, you've worked hard but now that you've made a small slip-up you won't back from it.
That's exactly what it is. Spire is one of the members who have contributed truckloads to the PokeCenter, so a slip-up is in a way inevitable. You cannot please everyone even if you are perfect. Moderators are humans, and humans are imperfect. Give him a break / cut him some slack.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Guys, can't we just come together (without arguing) and solve this?
What kind of community are we if we can't come together and compromise?

Is it impossible to have a spam-free Snorlax Room? No. It's not.
This whole event has basically been the biggest warning ever. A warning that our mods do not like spam and that they're working hard to stop it. I, as a PokéCenter member, see this and think, "HMM... This makes me want to really think before I post from here on out. Is what I'm posting spam, or not?" I don't doubt that you all are thinking this. So, would it make sense for us to ever spam the Snorlax Room again? No, because the memory of this will be burned into our minds. So haven't we learned our lesson? I think so.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys look, maybe we should drop this or something. I'm all on ulti's side for bringing it back and all, but first off, we're arguing when Spire is in a very bad mood with us. Second off, look at what the absence of the SR is bringing us to. We're all going nuts over the absence of a social room. So how bout we let this cool off for a couple of days, and come back when Spire isn't so pissed at our behavior anymore and we're all used to a couple of days of no SR. Then I'm sure we can reach a conclusion without getting angry at each other for voicing our opinions. I mean hell, I'm afraid of saying anything because all of you will start pouncing on me tearing post shred to shred and start criticizing it. I propose we just get back at this at a later time and see what Spire has to say then. How bout it?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
As you may have noticed from my small absence, I'm quitting Smashboards for now. I knew something like this would happen the moment I saw the Snorlax Room closed. It's not that I don't love you guys (you guys bicker too much >:(), it's just that I don't have as much time nor interest to keep on coming back here.

gl, hf. Hope something can be worked out.

-supermarth64

P.S. Sorry for slightly hijacking this thread. I would've posted this in the Snorlax Room but it's closed, and I didn't want to open another thread because that's not what people do when they leave.

And I'm making this post 777. Hope this means luck to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom