• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Mario Matchup Thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Might as well get it done now, since BO's convinced it's 60:40 Mario and none of us agree.
Just say some stuff for today, 1 day ROB discussion.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well ROB is extremely easy to combo due to his weight. Mario definitely beats him in the air because some of ROB's aerials are slow. Most importantly, his dair his slow which makes Uair juggling very helpful. You can U-tilt him to about 40%, and reflect his laser and gyro, which eliminates his camping game so we are probably better at camping and can fireball camp is needed (I know you guys can perfect shield them and we are aware, but perfect shielding alone will not help you) He is affected by FIHL (FLUDD induced hit lag for the any ROB's that don't know) which helps his spacing. He can kill with Fsmash at 110% near the edge of FD and Usmash should kills around 140-150% (tested but with 9 year old bro whose DI isn't amazing)

On ROB's side (as much as i know) he is better on the ground (like most characters), outranges him (like most characters), and his weight can keep him alive for a while. He has a variety of kill moves (Nair, Bair, Dair spike, Usmash, and Fsmash) unlike Mario who only has 2 unless you get ROB to like 180% or higher. His recovery is beastly and is ungimpable.

Right now, I think Bo's 60:40 Mario is right, butI don't know what else ROB has for him so I am going to invite the ROB boards.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Can Mario approach from directly above very well? If not you're going to eat a LOT of forward tilts.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
It's like 55-45 Mario. Mario has the comboing and he can punish ROB's blind spot but he can't approach ROB well at all. Mario's air approches get outclass by ROB f-tilt and even the F-smash. ROB can also gimp and edgeguard Mario well too.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Can Mario approach from directly above very well? If not you're going to eat a LOT of forward tilts.
I'm not sure about literally directly from above, but coming in from a a vertical angle, you can hit someone with a nair or dair to get them up and start to do combos. Another solution is to outcamp them, do something to make him approach you, or use fireballs while approaching. If ROB approaches its possible to U-tilt chain into a string of Uairs. I'm not 100% sure what can be done to stop it except for dodge due to your slow dair, but that still might not work. To support you, I'm pretty sure Mario does better approaching horizontally than vertically, but he has multiple SH aerials that he can do. Using my feet to do an F-tilt with ROB (don't ask) and using my hands to do a bair with Mario and they traded hits. Afro Boy, this also can solve the problem you said.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Depending on spacing... fair has a certain amount of disjointedness and if you're using aerials at ROBs ftilt range he can just punish you instead of trading. He may even be able to grab depending on the aerial. And in my opinion, ROB wins if you continue to simply trade hits...

I think Mario would have a lot of trouble approaching a good ROB that spaces properly (i.e. not standing in one spot.)

I think he also would have a small amount of problems recovering. It's 50:50. If ROB fairs you have to cape it. If ROB bairs (while facing you) -- that's the last thing you want to do.

Plus ROB can punish your camping if you don't camp smart.

Pretty even matchup in my opinion.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I haven't played too many good Marios, but the ones I have, have given me trouble. But, I'll offer what I can.

Most of, if not all, Mario's approaches SHOULD be with fireballs. Come to think of it, so should his retreat. Yes, we can f-air them or whatever, but they still pose one more thing for ROB to have to get through in order to get to Mario. They are slow, but their rate of fire is faster than ROBs gyro/laser combination. In addition, the fireballs make it hard for ROB to really move around on the ground to set up his zone. If he moves back, he gets hit by a fireball that had gone OVER him, if he moves forward, he eats another, etc. etc.

If mario gets underneath ROB while ROB is at 0-20%, you can basically tack on a guaranteed 40-50% more depending on what Mario decides to do and how ROB reacts to it... but there isn't much he can do.

N-air, since it stays out so long is a great "close proximity aerial" to punish ROB's Spotdodge->D-smash attempts, and a good OoS option at percents when U-tilt isn't as capable of setting up longer strings of combos.

Mario is relatively easy to gimp. Abuse the cape too much offstage, and you'll eat a B-air that you caped right into your own face. Don't, and you run the risk of getting F-aired. Of course, there's always a fireball or two to cover your descent which makes it surprisingly more difficult than one would imagine to gimp you.

ROB should be killing Mario around the 80-90's, as IMO, that's the best "gimp" range for him vs. Mario, as the F-airs do enough knockback that ROB doesn't have to rely on more than 2. If not, Mario should be dead by 130.

If ROB gets one good <70% gimp, an 80-90% "gimp" (used loosely), and is just looking for one flat-out KO, ROB wins. If Mario doesn't get gimped, and continually trades hits, Mario wins.

Its a tough matchup to give a ratio to, as it is dependant on stages.

FD: 55/45 ROBs favor
SV: 55/45 Mario's favor
BF: 60/40 Mario's favor

Overall: probably around the 50/50 range, but leans a smidge to Mario's favor. I wouldn't be opposed to calling it 55/45.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I haven't played too many good Marios, but the ones I have, have given me trouble. But, I'll offer what I can.

Most of, if not all, Mario's approaches SHOULD be with fireballs. Come to think of it, so should his retreat. Yes, we can f-air them or whatever, but they still pose one more thing for ROB to have to get through in order to get to Mario. They are slow, but their rate of fire is faster than ROBs gyro/laser combination. In addition, the fireballs make it hard for ROB to really move around on the ground to set up his zone. If he moves back, he gets hit by a fireball that had gone OVER him, if he moves forward, he eats another, etc. etc.
Any character with a projectile can prevent camping, but ROB can just move farther back and dodge. Laser and Gyro outrange Fireballs.

If mario gets underneath ROB while ROB is at 0-20%, you can basically tack on a guaranteed 40-50% more depending on what Mario decides to do and how ROB reacts to it... but there isn't much he can do.
That's not entirely true. He can land one Upsmash. He might get 20% off of a few Utilts, but that's it.

N-air, since it stays out so long is a great "close proximity aerial" to punish ROB's Spotdodge->D-smash attempts, and a good OoS option at percents when U-tilt isn't as capable of setting up longer strings of combos.
ROB's Dsmash isn't a problem if you have good DI.

Mario is relatively easy to gimp.
False.

Abuse the cape too much offstage, and you'll eat a B-air that you caped right into your own face.
Who does this?

Don't, and you run the risk of getting F-aired. Of course, there's always a fireball or two to cover your descent which makes it surprisingly more difficult than one would imagine to gimp you.
I'll give you that one.

ROB should be killing Mario around the 80-90's, as IMO, that's the best "gimp" range for him vs. Mario, as the F-airs do enough knockback that ROB doesn't have to rely on more than 2. If not, Mario should be dead by 130.
False. Against ROB, he has no kill moves that would take a stock off of Mario at 80%, short of throwing him off the side of Delfino. Fair gimping with ROB would be better suited against someone that doesn't have a GTFO aerial to prevent the Fair gimp, like Ike. Mario can Uair or SJP, stopping ROB from an actual gimp.

If ROB gets one good <70% gimp, an 80-90% "gimp" (used loosely), and is just looking for one flat-out KO, ROB wins. If Mario doesn't get gimped, and continually trades hits, Mario wins.
Sorry if I come off as rude, but you act as if Mario is going to be gimped. A lot. Fact of the matter is, Mario will get gimped once a set. It doesn't play as big of a role in this matchup as you might think.

Its a tough matchup to give a ratio to, as it is dependant on stages.

FD: 55/45 ROBs favor
SV: 55/45 Mario's favor
BF: 60/40 Mario's favor

Overall: probably around the 50/50 range, but leans a smidge to Mario's favor. I wouldn't be opposed to calling it 55/45.
I strongly disagree with this. I say 50:50 on any stage.

Also, I'm very disappointed in you, Matador. That post was pitiful. :psycho:

TEECO

Smash Ace
I always found this match up to be in ROB's favor. A smart, aggressive ROB with good spacing will do well.

ROB's Fair is the key to this match up because we can use the WOP off stage (I think quickly enough to unable the use of the cape). Fair also eats, and goes through fireballs.

Can Mario punish a well spaced Fair that he shielded with something besides a fireball?
Some videos of this match up would be nice to see.

What about CPs..?
What are the stages to ban agasint mario?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always found this match up to be in ROB's favor. A smart, aggressive ROB with good spacing will do well.

ROB's Fair is the key to this match up because we can use the WOP off stage (I think quickly enough to unable the use of the cape). Fair also eats, and goes through fireballs.

Can Mario punish a well spaced Fair that he shielded with something besides a fireball?
Some videos of this match up would be nice to see.

What about CPs..?
What are the stages to ban agasint mario?
Anyone with good spacing will do well.

And no, WOP isn't a true combo, and Mario can still recover if he Uairs/Nairs/Spotdodges/SJP's. And the cape isn't really a recovery move, you know... more like an aerial stall.

Mario can SJP OoS, SH Nair, Jab, and Utilt to punish.

Mario just does badly on Japes, FD, and Delfino. At least, against ROB, anyway.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Well, you know if you're getting Faired to death, sending them the complete opposite direction will deffinatley help, thus, making it much more than just an aerial stall.

Overall, thats some good information.
Frigate and Rainbow Cruise are also bad stages for Mario.
What is a stage that you would CP agaisnt ROB? Being a Mario main..

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, it'll just make it harder to recover, and it puts them closer to the edge.

RC isn't terrible, and Frigate's a good Mario stage.

I'd have to learn ROB's bad stages, really.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Also, I'm very disappointed in you, Matador. That post was pitiful. :psycho:
lol, I'm tired. Nobody's saying anything I really disagree with anyway. I'm actually busy reading the drama at the Peach boards. It's better than my soaps :laugh:

Edit: By the way, how does Mario do badly on FD? It's not a GOOD counterpick vs ROB but I can't see it being a bad one.

TEECO

Smash Ace
I see

A good Mario stage maybe in the second transformation, because the ledge on the right in the first one can really mess Mario up.

Yeah, it would be nice to know what stages are bad for him in this match up..
Maybe Luigi's Mansion, but im not sure. Thats deffinatley a stage I would ban.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kind of both.
Since some people don't wanna discuss ROB, and some still want Wario.

TEECO

Smash Ace
It says Wario, but someone from the mario boards posted a shoutout in the ROB Character Matchup Synopsis wanting ROB player's input into this thread. Thats why there is still some disscussion of ROB

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Alright, I'll update now. With ROB.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Are you discussion R.O.B. or Wario?
ZomgPiercepostedinourthread!

*Screeches like school girl*

He's so sensitive! He cares about keeping our agenda on track! He's so dreamy O_O

Edit: I wouldn't waste a ban on Luigis. There's are so many more gay stages that ROB could pick to screw Mario. Japes and Frigate are both worse for sure.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We're currently discussion ROB kthx ohwait mai grammur.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Then what would you waste a ban on Killer? -ahem- I mean, Matador?

I would consider banning luigi's mansion because of the ability to keep ROB even CLOSER to Mario (meaning the combos will be easier and longer), due to the roofs of the house. The Utilt would destroy ROB here. Also, this stage will keep Mario safer from being sent off stage.

The only thing I can really think of for ROB is Lasers through the platforms..

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, Luigi's, Japes, and Norfair are all banned here (and Inui was talking about banning Rainbow Cruise, YAY!) so I can only speak about Neutrals, since NJ has a very strict stage list (fine by me).

Vs. Wario, Mario is at a slight disadvantage IMO. I'm semi-experienced in the match-up from Mario's side of the fence. Mario can outcamp Wario with projectiles, but Wario can close in the distance pretty brilliantly, boasting the third best aerial mobility in the game, and can beat out Fireball with Fair, and I believe Nair. Regardless, Mario's Bair outranges Wario in the air, and Mario can successfully camp Wario (though it's a lot harder than what I can do with Marth. Bike also is pretty tricky.

Despite this, Wario can also camp Mario BETTER if Wario gains the lead. Furthermore, Wario has better stats than Mario all around. Though slightly slower in attack speed, he's nearly as lagless, boasts higher damage, better kills, better weight, better air speed, and better recovery. If Mario plays the outside and inside game right, he generally lands hits more securely than Wario, but doesn't outplay him well enough to make up for the stat deficit. I'd go with nothing more than a 6-4 Wario. Landing a kill is pretty hard, but since Wario's UpB doesn't sweetspot, brilliantly executed cape and FLUDD are very useful here.

The match-up with R.O.B. is similar, but for slightly different reasons. Once again, Mario is outclassed in stats. What he has in speed doesn't make up the deficit in range and kill power, especially vs. a veteran R.O.B.. Fireballs are very useful in this match-up, and a keen eye makes cape render opposing projectiles almost completely ineffective. Unfortunately, advantages end here. Mario CANNOT approach R.O.B. at all. Unlike in some match-ups where jump in Dair -> Nair -> jab is extremely fast, and tends to hit an opponent not wise enough to shield the entire thing (and jab can be canceled into grab), Mario loses this because R.O.B.s tilts and Fair shut down such shenanigans from getting close to him, unless Mario has already breached the tilt range. In that instance, Mario is better off just employing his 5 star boxing game. Mario also can really only zone with Fireball if the R.O.B. is patient and campy enough, since Bair loses to tilts and can get baited and then Faired for opposing retaliation.

Fortunately, since Mario actually does have a working projectile, he outcamps R.O.B. pretty well. This leaves R.O.B. approaching, which allows Mario to work in between the cracks, and rack up good damage. However, landing a kill on R.O.B. is extremely hard, and will require amazing baiting into Fsmash. To ask for this three times a match before losing is quite a bit. ROB's Fair also can hit Mario for extended amounts of time before Mario can do anything significant about it, if he gets caught in a WOP, and may be gimped by an amazing Wario. Obviously DI comes into play, but it still lets R.O.B. rack up amazing damage, and take an amazing positional advantage. I think R.O.B. is slightly worse than Wario, perhaps 65-35.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
If R.O.B. camps, and not with projectiles, then yes. It's extremely hard for Mario to approach. R.O.B. can break Mario's zoning, and also doesn't really have to approach. Fireballs do not provide significant enough pressure to force an approach. Killing R.O.B. is extremely annoying task. R.O.B.'s tools are better than Mario's in general, because R.O.B. can stay on the ground, and Mario has a difficult time dealing with this. If Mario tries full hopping a lot, R.O.B. can Usmash him to punish, and R.O.B.s fair is effective for zoning in conjunction with R.O.B.s tilts, jab, and grab. It MIGHT be better than 65-35, but that's what the stats are running in my head right now, if the R.O.B. player knows the match-up as does the Mario.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It isn't that hard to approach R.O.B. nor is Mario forced to approach. I understand that R.O.B. has range, but take frame speed, fireballs, and Mario's Bair into account and R.O.B. doesn't really have that much of an advantage. Don't get me wrong, R.O.B. can abuse his range effectively against Mario, but he can't consistently wall off Mario.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Agreeing with dullrazor. Rob isn't hard to approach at all. Fireballs limit rob's mobility and have better fire capability than rob's projectiles. If Mario gets rob in the air he's in a lot of trouble. Rob's giant blind spot, low falling speed, and huge body just does nothing but hurt him when he's above Mario having him eat a lot of Uairs. Mario's bair will give R.O.B trouble and will lead into other Bairs.

Pierce: Rob can not zone Mario that badly. I just can't see Rob with the advantage. But these post are convincing me 55:45 Mario instead of 60:40. But Rob does not have that much of an adv, neither does he have the adv. Angled Fsmashes will not stop a mario from jumping a lot; coming from a rob user, I know this doesn't work all the time. Usmash doesn't work either, its fast but not fast enough to punish a Mario who moves a lot. Also Nair trades hits with it anyway. Mario is very fast and can get passed a lot of Rob's spacing. When Mario gets in his face, Rob is taking a lot of damage. Even at very low %, Because of Rob's weight, and fall speed he will be susceptible to Strings of double Uairs in SHs.

Also there are a lot of stages with Platforms. Mario has the advantage over Rob on stages with Platforms, they aid his Uairs. The only stages I see with rob with the edge are stages like RC, Frigate, and possibly Lylat because of the tilting.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Any character with a projectile can prevent camping, but ROB can just move farther back and dodge. Laser and Gyro outrange Fireballs.
Range has very little to do with it. On a long stage like FD... you can eat probably... 3 lasers and 2 gyros if you approach providing we are on the opposite end of the stage, and can cape at least two of them. Once you're in mid-range, the firing rate of the fireballs is enough to overwhelm. And, providing we were at the end of the stage (in order to shoot the 5 or so projectiles) we can't move any farther back, as we run out of stage... unless we wanna ledgecamp, which, I'm fine with. That leaves us with either staying still, or moving forward. Staying still, we can F-tilt you OoS after shielding a fireball, or SG whenever you land on our shield from a fireball approach

That's not entirely true. He can land one Upsmash. He might get 20% off of a few Utilts, but that's it.
2-3 U-tilt to a U-air to another U-air if they stay directly above you or another U-air if they drift "in front" of you/B-air if the drift behind. If there's a platform underneath ROB while all this is happening, throw in another U-air or B-air somewhere in there. That adds up to around the 30-40% mark.

ROB's Dsmash isn't a problem if you have good DI.
Everyone says that, and its true, but you'd be surprised how many people just don't do it.

You have basically no horizontal recovery. FLUDD? Laser you as soon as you start to pull it out before the water flows... bye bye FLUDD. That alone makes you easier to gimp than a lot of the cast. Cape? Like I said, if you get silly and overzealous with it, you're eating a B-air you turned around into yourself. If your saving your DJ, ya- it gets harder (as with anyone), but we've got lots of things to do to bait out that DJ, or force you to use it. ROB won't chain you off the stage, or gimp you with one or two hits, ROB will harass you until its pointless to recover.

Who does this?
One cape to slow your momentum.
One to attempt to cape a laser
One to attempt to cape an aerial.
Possible attempt to stall a bit longer to throw ROB off.

= Overuse. Anything past 2, will get Mario handled.

False. Against ROB, he has no kill moves that would take a stock off of Mario at 80%, short of throwing him off the side of Delfino. Fair gimping with ROB would be better suited against someone that doesn't have a GTFO aerial to prevent the Fair gimp, like Ike. Mario can Uair or SJP, stopping ROB from an actual gimp.
At 80% a fresh B-throw will put you far enough off the stage so that we won't have to rely on F-airs. And, like I said before- due to your horrendous horizontal recovery- it only takes robbing you of a double jump and one F-air instead of two or three.

Sorry if I come off as rude, but you act as if Mario is going to be gimped. A lot. Fact of the matter is, Mario will get gimped once a set. It doesn't play as big of a role in this matchup as you might think.
Exactly. Despite all the tools ROB has to gimp Mario, in practice it won't happen as ideally as we'd like, which is what makes this tough for us, and sometimes frustrating. Everything is in place for gimps left and right, but- they just don't come. While I think once a SET is a bit far out there, at least once a match is possible. Neutral Stage: you will probably get gimped once. Maybe not at 30-40%... but a 80-90% one will probably happen. You won't get gimped on your cp, and (providing we have to) we'll take you Frigate and get at least one due to either stage shenanigans or grabless edge. Ya, its smaller and allows you to camp better, and has a platform, but its too tasy of a possibility to pass up. Or, Japes and abuse our gyro/laser range and probably snag a gimp via the water.

I strongly disagree with this. I say 50:50 on any stage.
That's simply a matter of personal opinion. But, to say that Mario doesn't completely handle ROB on BF or Lylat, or to some extent on Yoshi's, plus whatever your counterpick is... is silly. A stage where ROB can approach safely without having to worry about U-(insert move) shenanigans due to platforms is in his favor, but not by much. Platformed stages are in your favor, by a considerable margin.

However, like I said before...

Also, I'm very disappointed in you, Matador. That post was pitiful. :psycho:[/quote]

vato_break

Smash Master
I played a good rob awhile back,you might know him as HugS ...well he tried camping me but, it did not work,he then started playing aggressively and he started to win.So all i know is mario has a decent chance agianst robs camping game and robs fair/ftilt is gay...oh yeah i puledl out a upair blind with ease though i don't have much experience against rob to reallly know what to do in every situation just try to combo at early percents ...i think.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
HugS is the ONLY ROB I've played, so my experience against ROB is not so much... HugS on the other hand fought other Marios, such as Vato, so he knew the match up.

So a guy who doesn't know the match up vs a guy who does(who is also on SoCal's power rankigns)... I think I did pretty well against HugS in a recent tourney we played. Took him down to last stock, high percentages. Only thing I know about ROB is that platforms = bad for him, and he's slow in the air, so I took advantage of that.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
R.O.B is horribly easy to combo. You should get AT LEAST an easy 40% if you get him in the air at lower %'s. Utilt>Utilt>Dair>Second Jump>Uair works very well as a combo from 0%. Personally I've combo'd R.O.B from 0%-70%. It's pretty easy. This is another match-up I play obnoxiously gay in due to my burning hatred for the opposing character. I don't find it to be so difficult or annoying as other match-ups. I'd say 50:50 or 55:45 Mario.

Famous

Smash Champion
ROB gets wrecked on Yoshi's and battlefield...When playing against ROB ban Japes or lylat since they can virtually sit there and camp until you approach...On lylat our recovery is hindered by both ROB and the stage

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I play a lot of ROB's (HolyNightmare, Agora, buenoB, Thad), it's relatively even, but tough at times. I find I need a good run of momentum to really take control of the match, but ROB is the master of momentum-downs. I'm surprised no one talks about how ROB negates Fireballs very well. If he's far away they usually shoot a gyro directly into the Fireball so they get a free glide toss out of it (admittedly, Holy is they only one who does this effectively against me...they should do it more). For anything else, there's Ftilt. ROB can also shield most ground attacks, and unshield-dash-grab during cooldown lag.

I find both characters to be very strong zoning characters, but ROB has better range, so I think he has a very slight advantage.

But-itzah-me!

Smash Rookie
Most R.O.B.'s I have played usually camp pretty well. So well, in fact, that I have had little luck out camping them with fireballs. That being said, Mario will more than likely have to approach a decent R.O.B. Just make sure that the R.O.B. doesn't shield -> Dsmash...that is the most annoying thing ever :mad:

Furthermore, R.O.B.'s Nair > Mario's Nair. This greatly pisses me off. I am a HUGE FAN of the SH Fireball -> FF nair -> Jab combo -> SH Fireball -> dair/Uair combo. This wont commonly work on R.O.B. due to his quick tilts and Dsmash....and his gayness.

:uzi: :rob:

The way I see it, in order to trump a R.O.B., you gotta think on your feet, mainly using your aerials while keeping R.O.B. on the ground, or as close as possible. Space with Fireballs when appropriate, and use fireballs to set up combos like SH Fireball -> Fsmash/Dsmash. Keep your Usmash and Fsmash as fresh as possible, however, because these will be your finishers.

BEWARE THE NAIR OF R.O.B. It is nasty. :mad088:

I give the match-up a 60-40 in R.O.B.'s favor, simply because of the campy-ness of R.O.B. and the lack of sucky-ness in the air.

Oh yeah, just incase it isn't obvious, R.O.B. is BASICALLY un-gimpable. This means the the FLUDD is nearly useless, unless you take advantage of FIHL (FLUDD induced hit lag), and the cape will be used sparingly, whether to prevent beam from sniping you or a top from nailing you.

Don't let my lack of posts fool you, I have been playing competitively for 6 years.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
ZomgPiercepostedinourthread!

*Screeches like school girl*

He's so sensitive! He cares about keeping our agenda on track! He's so dreamy O_O
Matador: Lol. Didn't know Pierce was that big a star.

Pierce: You finally decided to look at the Mario boards. You are underestimating Mario by a lot. Just because you have something that outranges us or just the person outranges us in general doesn't mean we lose. That is definitely the most common argument used by at least 4/5 of the cast. Once we get in attacking distance of the opponent, we can do something. Also, range and kill power do not determine the matchup. We just had this conversation earlier today about Mario, except I didn't have my facts down and how he stands against Marth and ROB, which I both highly disagree with (Yes I know Pierce irl)

Bo: I think you're idea of the matchup is reasonable as 55:45 Mario. It seems more reasonable. It could be 60:40 Mario if you choose a stage with platforms like yoshi's or bf or 50:50 on Lylat or Japes. That's common for most characters.

Pierce (again): I owe you some respect. I know I contradicted you most of the time when we talk about matchups because your idea of 60:40 is different than mine or we think about the matchup differently, and destroy me every time I play you (I have a vid to prove it), you are really helpful. Also you're a big shot. Thanks man

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't even know. I'm quite sure it's our favor, but if anything it's like 55:45, OR MABYE 60:40. Nothing more, nothing less in my opinion.

But that's mine, I've played like 1 ROB, and I wasn't really warmed up or trying too hard, so I was like "Eh, screw it" and didn't pay much attention.

Top Bottom