• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Super Guzzi, you should show them your Hanenbow fix :D
o.o XD
Here is Hanenbow fix

Still move when you hit them, i move de camera to do more small.
I play a while, and it's pretty good for me, i am thinking of puttin ledges between the two leaves or match them like this:

what do you think?
Edit:
here are the dowloads for my stages
Firts: Pasific Pirate Ship:

*no bombs
*no catapult
*no big rock
*The tornado is'nt there, but ship fly in the air :( (for now )
*The Intagible Water, but don't move(for now)

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cynzm0wm0nm

Here is the version with tangible water:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x22tabaeity

here is Hanenbow fix

There are a little problem with spawn point, but i will fix
Downloadhttp://www.mediafire.com/?iq4gdglzjdt

Please, report any problem and give ideas if you can

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Good job Guzzi, I have a report due tomorrow so I can't test today, but i'll grab them later to see how they play/ HB+ looks great and I can't wait for Pirate ship's final version, looking good so far

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Good job Guzzi, I have a report due tomorrow so I can't test today, but i'll grab them later to see how they play/ HB+ looks great and I can't wait for Pirate ship's final version, looking good so far
Thanks, and actually i play a lot in those stages, and actually, i found Hanenbow really awesome for captain Falcon, but, with Bowser, there is a little problem for Bowser, when he try to recover, his Bup, move up de leaf, so, i'm and thiking in remove, de moves, only for the under leaves. and, about Pirate ship, FrozenHobo, i right, do intangible the water is reaaly good, but, there is some really strage, sometime, something, in back of the ship spoken, i am not really sure what it is, but i will to fix it, i think...

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
wait... whats happening in the back of the ship?
isn't easy to explain, just, sometimes, in teh back of the ship (over the ship) tehre are something that spoke, like, the return of green hill curve, i don't know what hapend, but a think, there is a model that i remplaced be pokemon trainner. and sorry, i am not very exppresive in English :(

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
isn't easy to explain, just, sometimes, in teh back of the ship (over the ship) tehre are something that spoke, like, the return of green hill curve, i don't know what hapend, but a think, there is a model that i remplaced be pokemon trainner. and sorry, i am not very exppresive in English :(
I think I experienced this. I was playing on the version with intangible water, and as I tried to recover (with Captain Falcon) to the back of the ship, I got hit multiple times by something invisible, and fell to my doom. It was as though the ship edgeguarded me. It was kinda funny. It only happened once, so it may only happen at certain times.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I think I experienced this. I was playing on the version with intangible water, and as I tried to recover (with Captain Falcon) to the back of the ship, I got hit multiple times by something invisible, and fell to my doom. It was as though the ship edgeguarded me. It was kinda funny. It only happened once, so it may only happen at certain times.
exactly, oh and about recover, i need to add edges to the King of the Red Leons, without water, isn't easy to recover.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Could you increase Hanenbow size to 1.3 to 1.5xs? I think that would make the stage a lot better. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks a little too small!

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Could you increase Hanenbow size to 1.3 to 1.5xs? I think that would make the stage a lot better. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks a little too small!
well, i did a better version, the i reemplace two low leafs for a more large leaf, and is imposible to remove the hit boxes, but i can do it a only point, so i am thinking in do more large the low leafs and match themand the hit boxes will be in only one point

EDIT: new project Rumble Falls +

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
My only problem is that the stage looks really big.
well, rumble falls are divided into levels, tehre are 13 leves, and this, is teh more viable and palyable level, and isn't too big, i played, and if the camera moves correctly it will be fine

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
My only problem is that the stage looks really big.
^I agree with this. That, and I'm never a fan of seeing multiple platforms above one another, especially with small distances between them. It makes me think of camping automatically. =P

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
^I agree with this. That, and I'm never a fan of seeing multiple platforms above one another, especially with small distances between them. It makes me think of camping automatically. =P
okey okey, but what i need to do? how can i fix it? gime ideas, or play rumble falls and teelme, i just need to do a rumble falls plus

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Separate them from each other vertically until no character's head is touching any of them from the platform below. You might have to remove some of the other platforms, as well, but why don't you try taking out a bridge and posting an image of that?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Separate them from each other vertically until no character's head is touching any of them from the platform below. You might have to remove some of the other platforms, as well, but why don't you try taking out a bridge and posting an image of that?
beacuse, for now i need ideas, and my sister is sleehping in my room :( so i can¡t use my wii.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Haha, well, I think it's a matter of preference, really. You could have two levels or three, and you could have the platforms extend over the stage itself or not. You could have 1 on the bottom then 2 in the middle then 2 platforms on top, 1-2-1 platforms, 1-1-2, or 1-1-1. It all depends on what you want the stage to look like.
Although thinking about it, the original Rumble Falls has many levels that get progressively smaller, so maybe you'd want to make it look like this:
Code:
With platforms labeled like this:

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well, I think it's a matter of preference, really. You could have two levels or three, and you could have the platforms extend over the stage itself or not. You could have 1 on the bottom then 2 in the middle then 2 platforms on top, 1-2-1 platforms, 1-1-2, or 1-1-1. It all depends on what you want the stage to look like.
Although thinking about it, the original Rumble Falls has many levels that get progressively smaller, so maybe you'd want to make it look like this:
Code:
With platforms labeled like this:
interesting, really interesting, well, you have a good idea, and, the colision data moves wiht the parts so is easy to do it, but i wont be very small?

EDIT: you are right, isn't small, so i will do it , tomorrow i will put a dowload fot testings, so thanks Wind Owl, i`ll give you credit for teh idea

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Sorry for late response, but what Wind Owl said is a good idea, from what I skimmed over him saying, haha.

I don't think any characters' heads should touch the bottom of the platform labeled #1. I also don't think platform #1 should exist at all, but only because of it being so close to the ground/another platform.

Characters don't need to camp more under platforms then they already do, IMHO.

I only hate platforms being that low, and close to each other, because it makes it hard to drop down and attack somebody, especially when they could be crouching and camping, ex: Snake crawl/grenade camping.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
how about this: take the 3 smaller platforms and align them in an inverse BF layout with only the right bottom bridge left intact.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
not sure if you've noticed, but we cut out 90% of the stage. theres no reason to try to "stay true" to something when you delete most of it. we want a competitive stage that functions well, not an homage to one that nobody ever played on.

D

Deleted member

Thats a pretty awesome hack of Rumble Falls. If you make the bottom part non jump thru-able, then it could be a pretty neutral stage.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
not sure if you've noticed, but we cut out 90% of the stage. theres no reason to try to "stay true" to something when you delete most of it. we want a competitive stage that functions well, not an homage to one that nobody ever played on.
And we don't want a homogeneous rip-off of battlefield, either. I think that a three-tiered stage with one platform per level would be unique, AND maintain the spirit of the old stage (which I'm not sure why you think is a bad thing), AND be competitively viable.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, make the middle of the bottom non-fall-through (if you haven't already), but keep it so that you can go upwards. Makes for an interesting and unique stage where the edges are solid but the middle can be an alternate recovery option.
But it shouldn't be a neutral, IMO; just a really good counterpick stage.

Also, I think it would be better to make both of the upper platforms either both flat or both curved (probably both being curved would be better, since everything else has a curve to it), if that's possible.. Right now, it just looks kind of awkward.

But the stage is looking awesome! I'm looking forward to the finished product!
Keep up the amazing work!

PS: I like Wind Old's idea a lot, too, so it would be nice to see how that would play out. But only if you have the time and feel like it, of course. I'm content with either one.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, if you make the two upper platforms the curved ones and make the flat one the lower one, it would be more symmetrical.

I really like the look of the stage so far. And if the rocks holding up the bridge are made solid, then the stage would be different enough from Delfino and Halberd (where you can jump through the entire thing).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, if you make the two upper platforms the curved ones and make the flat one the lower one, it would be more symmetrical.
I was thinking more on the lines of duplicating the upper-right platform (if at all possible), and leaving the middle platform as is. If you switch the middle and the upper-left one, then you would have to do a little length modifying (which might not make it match all too well, especially with the amount of wood pieces on the platforms).
I really like the look of the stage so far. And if the rocks holding up the bridge are made solid, then the stage would be different enough from Delfino and Halberd (where you can jump through the entire thing).
I'm pretty sure the two blocks on the ends of the main platform is already solid to start with, so there's no problem there.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking more on the lines of duplicating the upper-right platform (if at all possible), and leaving the middle platform as is. If you switch the middle and the upper-left one, then you would have to do a little length modifying (which might not make it match all too well, especially with the amount of wood pieces on the platforms).
I'm pretty sure the two blocks on the ends of the main platform is already solid to start with, so there's no problem there.
First, i need to fix the most important problemn in it, the camera, then i will find the best convination for the platforms and they colission

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the file you sent me freezes whenever i select the stage. i can't do any work on it until i can actually load it in my game...

camzy

Smash Journeyman
The RumbleFalls+ is looking great!

I think people should stop worrying that it'll be a BF clone.

1. The stage is longer
2. The bottom platform is curved
3. The platform layout is different.
4. The edges if done how I think they should be, will require a different method of recovery.
5. The blacklogs at the end of the main platform are non-pass through right?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
The RumbleFalls+ is looking great!

I think people should stop worrying that it'll be a BF clone.

1. The stage is longer
2. The bottom platform is curved
3. The platform layout is different.
4. The edges if done how I think they should be, will require a different method of recovery.
5. The blacklogs at the end of the main platform are non-pass through right?
1. yes, is a little more longer
2. the curved platforms and the asimetric are relly cool for Rumble Falls
3. yes, invert BF layout
4. yes, diferento to BF
5. They are solid blocks

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
people shouldn't be complaining about the layout since they were telling me to do the same thing for summit+ (i'm not doing that layout, btw). for those new to the conversation, theres nothing wrong with an inverted BF layout. it differs enough from BF that the gameplay won't be the same.

Top Bottom