• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the hole in the middle. It makes the stage a bit more interesting. Only big floaters like Kirby and Pit can make it under there on purpose and it gives people that tiny bit more hope for recovery. But that little platform that has no collisions needs to go. It looks ugly and especially since you can't actually land on it.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Something has to be done with the little platform below, the best idea IMO is to completely remove it and make the top one non passable(from below or above) or just plug the hole with a non-passable platform from...somewhere xD. This will remove the ability of some chars to just circle around stage(Kirby, Pit, etc)
just for graphical purposes, we should try to fill the hole in with something...
By the way these are phrased, it seems like Shadic's the only one who read my post. eneewaze

A lot of characters can make it through but I don't see it as a problem (lucas can make it right under yeee). You can tell if someone's going for it so it's not like they can just do laps forever. Regardless, people probably want if filled so... (no easy way out for me this time) As I have said, I'll also deal with the slab of stone in the back right... not right now. You can't really tell from Shadic's picture but it's noticeable when you actually play.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i personally don't think we need to fill the hole in. if we can remove the lower platform, then just make it non-passthrough. if a person does try to go that way they get killed. stops circling and makes the stage solid.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can you graphically extend the lower platform to be as long as the upper one? Then you could just make it a roof, which would both prevent the camping problem and make the stage look better.

If not, then I'd say just delete the bottom platform and make the top one a roof.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
That was already one of my suggestions like 10 pages ago. That's probably an exaggeration but here's the options from a few pages ago. Awpshanz

Also, if anyone wants to try out my alternate and give feedback on the boundaries/spawns that would be nice.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I tried it yesterday, actually. For some reason, it made me laugh. I think because it's so simple?

It's not a bad stage at all, although the platform on the right looks to be a bit campy.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Pretty much what I thought of it. Without the rest of the stage it looks so empty and removing the little thing on the right would make it even more boring. Oh well, it was worth a try. I thought of doing alternates of NPC (there are 2 places that could work) but they're quite small and have permanent walls so I decided against it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
amk, do me a favor and remove the right side of YI:M. also, see if you can stretch the left side while you're at it (not necessary, but would still be fantastic if it worked).

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
A friend and I played on Summit+ (which is very fun, btw) and went into Sudden Death. When SD started, the stage was tilted to the left as though it were sliding down the hill (but of course the stage is frozen so it didn't actually slide). I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. If this is new, it will probably be best to test all of these "+" stages in SD to see if there are any problems.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
By the way these are phrased, it seems like Shadic's the only one who read my post. eneewaze

A lot of characters can make it through but I don't see it as a problem (lucas can make it right under yeee). You can tell if someone's going for it so it's not like they can just do laps forever. Regardless, people probably want if filled so... (no easy way out for me this time) As I have said, I'll also deal with the slab of stone in the back right... not right now. You can't really tell from Shadic's picture but it's noticeable when you actually play.
I read them :) I was just stating the best ideas of the ones you mentioned(or was it Shadic?) anyways the stage is very good, but it does look a little empty, maybe a texture does the work?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I told myself I wouldn't do anymore of these until I take some time to completely figure out the polygon/vertex format and explain it in a thread but okay. I probably won't make the base wider any time soon. I'm also figuring out effect format stuff so... give me a minute (it's good to understand the way things are formatted because it allows us to add content as oppose to replacing it - like what we can now do with stage collisions).

I assume that's an animation problem with summit.

Most melee stages don't very detailed textures. They can definitely be improved upon. Based on another texture I saw, I made japes look real nice.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
A friend and I played on Summit+ (which is very fun, btw) and went into Sudden Death. When SD started, the stage was tilted to the left as though it were sliding down the hill (but of course the stage is frozen so it didn't actually slide). I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. If this is new, it will probably be best to test all of these "+" stages in SD to see if there are any problems.
hm... i need to see if that works on mine too... thanks for the update.

edit: though tourney matches never actually use Sudden Death as percent and stock leads are used more, but i would like to make this stage perfect (its my baby :))

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
edit: though tourney matches never actually use Sudden Death as percent and stock leads are used more, but i would like to make this stage perfect (its my baby :))
Yeah yeah I know, but I figured you'd want to know. Besides, we won't be using this stage exclusively in tourneys, so it'll be nice to have a non-glitchy SD for friendlies.

Also, a bit off topic, but for Frigate Orpheon, the stage flip is something we can't edit yet, right? Cuz I looked and didn't see what was controlling it. I assume it's one of the misc. files.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I'm assuming we'll eventually be able to modify events like when it decides to flip. At that point... we'll be able to do a lot more. Yo, we should call this "The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Crew." Yeeee it'll be exactly the same but we'll be a crew and we won't let Richardson join cause he doesn't do anything. Theme music.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
whos sexy? i'm sexy!

introducing... Pictochat Plus:

Download

Changes (oi...):
~No Fireballs
~No Bombs/Missiles
~No man-eating Plant
~No hitbox on Skateboard
~No colision on Clock (it knows why its collision is gone :mad:)
~Block "stack" is now walkthrough once inside. all ground can be fallen through (outside walls still prevent movement in)
~Eye Line (the long diagonal line with the eyes) now functions like a fall through platform
~No Spikes (on stage or off)
~No ladders (its just a floating platform now)
~Ferris Wheel no longer spins (not sure why since i didn't do anything to it...)

i put this pac together today (literally started right after physics and have been working non-stop till now). no outside codes are needed, just pop it in and enjoy the less gay picto.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
whos sexy? i'm sexy!

introducing... Pictochat Plus:

Download

Changes (oi...):
~No Fireballs
~No Bombs/Missiles
~No man-eating Plant
~No hitbox on Skateboard
~Block "stack" is now walkthrough once inside. all ground can be fallen through (outside walls still prevent movement in)
~Eye Line (the long diagonal line with the eyes) now functions like a fall through platform
~Ferris Wheel no longer spins (not sure why since i didn't do anything to it...)

i put this pac together today (literally started right after physics and have been working non-stop till now). no outside codes are needed, just pop it in and enjoy the less gay picto.

Sounds great. I will definitely check this out. What about the wind?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
To me, the main problem with Pictochat was the insanely campy drawings. Like the whale and the boat and the block stack. Hazards were fine imo.

+1 for fixed MK 1-2.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
To me, the main problem with Pictochat was the insanely campy drawings. Like the whale and the boat and the block stack. Hazards were fine imo.

+1 for fixed MK 1-2.
you can now move through the whale, as well as the other campy drawings. i left the boat the same, though because it really wasn't that big of a deal.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Changes (oi...):
~No Fireballs
~No Bombs/Missiles
~No man-eating Plant
~No hitbox on Skateboard
~No Items
~No Pictochat
~Fox Only
~Final Destination
I had to do it sorry.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
With this, the current Brawl+ slowdown of the stage should be taken out. Since the slowdown was to make the hazards more manageable due to giving players more reaction time, with most hazards gone, the slowdown is kind of pointless (and it wasn't a great fix in the first place). And it will make instances where two players decide to just camp away from each other and wait it out shorter than if it was at 2/3 speed.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
lol the car looks a little weird, but at least it doesn't hit us. By weird I mean that it kinda bounces while it's moving. Also the clock doesn't move, and when i tried to jump below the line,i couldn't(like a ceiling). Other than that it seems fine but i need totest it a little more. (This was all in Training Mode)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol the car looks a little weird, but at least it doesn't hit us. By weird I mean that it kinda bounces while it's moving. Also the clock doesn't move, and when i tried to jump below the line,i couldn't(like a ceiling). Other than that it seems fine but i need totest it a little more. (This was all in Training Mode)
yeah, the skateboard animation change is kind of weird, but i figured it made it look more cartoony so i just left it. the clock just does not like me. i removed all the collisions from it, but it still refuses to function. i may make a second version that just removes it completely (since the "wall" part isn't obvious enough for everyone to know its there).

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island Melee is going to be a major pain. Once I partially remove all the unwanted polygons, the stage would just be so small. If I extend the base, the texture stretching would be very noticeable. Putting this on hold.

See how tiny it would be. I don't think that's very playable.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Small, but crucial change suggestion. PS1's ledge lips need to be edited so that you can't get traped underneth them. Too many times have people got caught under the lip and self destructed.

Also, Frigate Orpheon, need's the stage lip on the left edited too, as it also traps people.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Small, but crucial change suggestion. PS1's ledge lips need to be edited so that you can't get traped underneth them. Too many times have people got caught under the lip and self destructed.
That's actually already been done. The .pac file is somewhere in the thread.

Which reminds me...Maestro, why aren't you listing the .pac files of your non-finalized stages in the first post (such as for PS1)?
It'll help testing if non-regulars of the thread see it, try it out, and comment. Plus, it'll avoid comments like the one above.

Top Bottom