• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm getting similar results as the first one.

EDIT: To be more precise, two consecutive wings can't be passed through going one direct and is always a pass-through the other direction. Then the other two wings have the same thing, but in the opposite direction. With this, I have an idea of what Dantarion's idea was.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
similar? or exactly the same?

EDIT: ok, thanks for the edit...can you check one more thing? stand slightly to the left of the middle of the windmill on the ground below, and tell me if every wing pushes you or if you pass through some...make sure you stay to the left of the middle

if every wing pushes you, stand slightly to the right of the middle and do teh same thing

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nope, only two of the wings push me. The two wings that are solid going counter-clockwise.

And why are you using the old version of PS1's edit instead of the current one with the fixed rock field?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Urft, I need to get cheat manager reinstalled so I can add these codes to whatever Brawl+/- builds come out. I really love the looks of DP+ though and can't wait to see Bulborb after he takes a ****ing chill pill.

Additional thoughts for Japes+, though probably already said: Lower that freaking upper boundary. 200% to kill jiggz off the top is ridiculous. D:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This DP+ doesn't have the stall problem but it's not a great fix. It causes a bunch of other dumb things. To mention some...
Meteor Smashes makes you slide down the slope then fly downwards after reaching the end, while spikes makes you bounce at an angle. Also, any attack that sends you horizontally, if you can DI it to send you at a low angle, the "slope" will just stop you (since you'll hit the "wall"), then you move down towards the slope in tumble. The fact that you can wall-tech-jump the slope is fun, but also a little silly. Teching the "wall" in general is pretty overpowered. Also, characters with wall jumps have a MASSIVE advantage on this stage, to the point that it totally skews the battle (counterpicks should do this, just not to this degree). And characters with horrible recoveries are really screwed on this stage (e.g. Olimar, which is kind of ironic, considering the stage).
Also, the water isn't even necessary with the slope being all-wall, since it doesn't do anything in this case.

I'm pretty much against making the slope all-wall. We need to think of another solution for the Jigglypuff/Wario stall. (Or maybe just ban it in tournament if we have to.)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats... not good... i'd be fine with banning it, but it feels like such a cop out. we should be able to fix this stuff. i've even tried making the entire side slippery but it does nothing! if anyone wants to take a look at it and try to fix it be my guest.

edit: in the meantime i've put up another pac in the OP to try. it doesn't fix the stalling problem, but at least lets you get your jump back when you touch the left side.

at this rate i may just start over again with original spawn points if we're going to keep the left side as ground.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Here's an idea...
How about making a tiny little (invisible) one-way wall collision area slightly above the old ledge. Make it so that it does nothing going from left to right, but stops you going from right to left. But make it so that it's only like a few pixels higher than the old ledge, so that it only prevents the stall (hopefully).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
uh... ok... well the OP has another version of it with original spawn points (there really wasn't anything wrong with them tbh).

i'm just not sure how to do that... yet... i guess it would be through the new BBox...

edit: i have a pac for you to test (not sure it will do anything, but might as well try):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gqdmz5mzwnz

nvm. it fails even in vBrawl.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, the original spawn locations are actually better, IMO, so if you aren't using the all-wall slope, then it's better to revert back to the original spawn locations.
So is the current DP+ .pac file the same one as the one right before the previous "all-wall" .pac?

Also, I should have been reading stuff for a class the past few hours, so I'm not going to be testing anything else tonight, in case you come up with anything else.
And hopefully, someone will be able to do the idea I suggested, and hopefully it'll solve the stall problem... *crosses fingers*

Also, Maestro, as you requested, I've taken the liberty of giving you one in place of FroHo. (I even showed how the middle is pass-through-able in the pic! :))

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the new pac is slightly changed from that first one in that the ground right above the ledge is actually ground and not a wall (since it really didn't do anything to stop the sliding...). you still can't walk due to the ground at the boundary being a wall (i figured it wouldn't really be an issue).

i took a look in BBox and i'm not sure how to make new boxes in the collision editor yet so i'll see if maestro can do it. hopefully it will fix the problem.

and i actually pm'd him a pic earlier of the final summit... i guess if you shrink yours down to medium size it could be used instead if he thinks it looks better.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
A couple of last things for the night...
Another idea for the stall fix would be to make the water's push more powerful. Or maybe extend the hitbox of the water outwards a little bit from the old ledge. The latter is probably better.
Also, is it possible to raise the slope a bit? Right now, anyone can stall by jumping immediately back on the slope after getting pushed off, possibly doing u-airs in the process. If the slope is raised, doing so would make you jump high enough so that people on the main platform could hit you when your head pops above the platform. The only good thing about the first DP+ pac, with the wall by the ledge, over this one is that it prevents this by accident.
And I think the "wall" near the boundary would cause more problems than it would help. If someone were to happen to get it right into there, they would get their momentum stopped. Also, people could also wall jump off of that part, bypassing the water completely if they happen to be hit around that vicinity. What's the point in having a bit of "wall" there in the first place? It's not like people will camp the edge during the first 5 seconds of the match.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
good points all. i'll make a new pac tomorrow (today?) that corrects these. i think i can move the water a bit to see how that effects it as well.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i posted a new DP pac in the OP. the only changes are no grabbable ledge and a small piece of ground above the ledge is now a wall (but only that part).

i'm about to go try out a water fix to see if that solves the problem, as well.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the problem is that you can still time jumps to stay under the ledge as well as stall with jiggs/wario. i'm apprehensive to move it up more because i don't know how people can abuse the teching mechanics...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I was about to suggest that, only make a wall on a small portion near the ledge, since that would remove Ganondorf's choke infinite.
You didn't even need to "suggest" it, since was actually the original idea. We were messing around with stuff, but found out that the original idea was the best choice, at the moment, for the current problems.

And FroHo, what do you mean by "abuse the teching mechanics"? In what way?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, you were mentioning earlier about how having the side as a wall makes for... interesting abuses...

i actually think i have an idea: make it wall up to about the level of the platform. that way even if you jump stall you can still be hit, jiggs/wario stalling still works, but at least its at a level where people can access you, and ganon effectively loses his choke chain (assuming that it actually works with DI >_>).

edit: new pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yn2mjwij22y

edit edit: well, its moved the stalling up so now just about every character can hit them from the platform if they try to stall. its not an ideal fix, though...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The "wall" abuse is pretty much only broken when the whole slope is a wall. If it's just the tiny part, then pretty much none of that is possible, as long as the "wall" part has the main platform above it (to prevent spikes/meteors into there). Wall jumping won't be an issue, either, since it'll only be for a small part NEAR the platform (meaning it can be punished easily if you're not careful). The bigger the "wall" is extended to, the more problems it can cause.
As for your idea, if you made the "wall" go up to the same height as the main platform, you are extending the "wall", which, as stated prior, will be troublesome. With it extended like that, there will now be a "wall" section that doesn't have the main platform above it. This would definitely cause some problems. One would be that there will be a lot more dumb deaths for those with crappy recoveries, since the floor ends so far from the stage.
I'm suggesting raising the slope, but keeping the size of the "wall" the same, which would still keep the "wall" covered by the main platform, but would also raise the floor-to-wall point up to about the same height as the main platform (being a little lower is fine, since characters will still stick their heads above the main platform when stalling), thus preventing safe stalls (including Jiggs/Wario's).

PS: Choke Chain doesn't work in Brawl+, due to the ability to tech the choke.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hmm PC, wouldn't Froho's suggestion cause the weird stuff you mentioned earlier?(the meteor smash thing) I mean, if you don't tech it, you will keep falling and when you reach the edge you will still have the attack strength over you. This being said, I think your suggestion is better if it can be done. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a B+ combo video with choke chain but the again, maybe the guy didn't know how to tech it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm going to post this before my battery dies:

i've been working on PC's idea up top. this stage is dumb, i move the ground in brawlbox by 5; no move. i move the ground by 20; no move. i move the ground by 100; no move. i move the background; it adjusts (cool). i adjust the main platform; it disfigures itself, the actual "platform" does not move, but the collision is correct.

the easy fix would be if the ground would just ****ing move, but since the actual platform won't adjust either i'm getting kind of pissed.

i also adjusted the water... apparently the graphic and the force are 2 different things... so no go.

i'm going to work more once i find a charger for my laptop.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
It should be raining on distant planet the whole time, so that the water fall makes more sense. Plus rain kicks *** and opens up more options for custom music because of the view and atmosphere it creates.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, I was going to mention how it should rain all the time, since the water the permanent, but I keep forgetting to mention it. Is it easy (or possible at all) to make it do that with BrawlBox? (Hopefully it is...)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
not brawl box, but the code can probably be edited in some way. but that really isn't an issue and something i would probably leave until after we finish other stages. functionality is whats important here.

also, i was thinking, once we get the friendly bulborb code this stage is pretty much brawl's version of termina bay.

DaFees

Smash Rookie
hate to sound noobish, but I need some simple help, so far I've been using the custom .GCT file found here, http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8500. This worked fine for the gold stages in the first post, but it doesn't work for BB+. So quick question is what codes to I add to the text file on the main brawl+ website to make all the gold stages + BB+ work? :)

BTW the work on DP+ sounds great, and if the update isn't too long from now i may check that out as well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What do you mean by "ENTIRE SIDE WILL BE GROUND", exactly?

Also, I found this out yesterday, but I forgot to mention it until now: Yoshi can also stall the same way that Jigglypuff and Wario can on the slope.

DaFees, the code for The Roadway for BB+ is included in the BB+ section in FrozenHobo's post. As for the speed-up, I'm a little busy to explain that again. Just search a few pages back...

DaFees

Smash Rookie
Perfect Chaos, thank you, I figured everything out now, so BB+ should be good to go.

DQP, sorry I cannot anymore. I may still have a copy saved on my computer. If you want I could probably send it to you directly if that's what you're asking

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
What do you mean by "ENTIRE SIDE WILL BE GROUND", exactly?

Also, I found this out yesterday, but I forgot to mention it until now: Yoshi can also stall the same way that Jigglypuff and Wario can on the slope.
well, i'm using your idea to put a collision at the base of the slope to prevent people from moving from right to left. the entire side will have to be ground so people can't stall before the ground runs out. i'm going to try and make the collision small and not impede recoveries moving up the left side while still preventing stalling.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Introducing...

Venom v1.0

Based off of Space Background Corneria by Hotdogturtle

Features:
-Top wings are pass-through platforms
-Bottom wings have grabbable edges, and can be jumped through from the bottom, but are not pass-through
-Arwings and Wolfen work just fine.
-The Great Fox still fires. I think it looks awesome, so I'm keeping it.

Known bugs/issues:
-One player spawns hanging from an edge. No idea how to edit spawns.
-The ship still has a splash as if it was in water.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0b1T7x6laI
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dxqfnjjzykt

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
good stuff. there's still some collision issues, but i should be able to get this fixed up pretty quickly and well. probably use this instead of corneria too. very nice job. just a few issues left...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, i was trying it out as wolf and i somehow managed to move through the bottom floor of the stage with his side b. plus the top wings had ledges in melee. we also should look at blocking off the bottom part so jiggs can't float under the stage. like i said, its looking good, but there's some stuff that needs to be tightened up.

you can work on it by yourself if you want and i can just help you with spawn points.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
well, i was trying it out as wolf and i somehow managed to move through the bottom floor of the stage with his side b. plus the top wings had ledges in melee. we also should look at blocking off the bottom part so jiggs can't float under the stage. like i said, its looking good, but there's some stuff that needs to be tightened up.

you can work on it by yourself if you want and i can just help you with spawn points.
I intentionally didn't add ledges to the top wings since they're pass-through platforms (you could grab the edge from the inside, looks weird)

As for the rest, I'll try to fix it tomorrow. If you get it done by then, feel free to post it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
well, i'm using your idea to put a collision at the base of the slope to prevent people from moving from right to left. the entire side will have to be ground so people can't stall before the ground runs out. i'm going to try and make the collision small and not impede recoveries moving up the left side while still preventing stalling.
Hm...if it doesn't stop recovery, then you can probably still stall by jumping over the new collision box. But making it stop recovery is also not good. The slope might need to be moved up a little no matter what fix we use, but that's having some issues, unfortunately. Where's Maestro, anyway? Maybe he can help with the moving of the slope.

And I think Venom is a worse stage than Corneria in terms of competitiveness. It just allows to camp on either side of the wall, forcing the loser to approach from up top, which is oftentimes disadvantageous.
Melee allows Corneria, but bans Venom, for multiple reasons.

Top Bottom