• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
hi

So since someone *Cough* Artemis *Cough* locked me in a room full of cuccos and won't let me leave until I post something, I wanted to quote a thing that I saw on the front page.

"
Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut. The characters that are strongly involved in the main plot had to be characters that were confirmed to be in the game from a fairly early stage. But this time, there were characters that were confirmed midway during development, and characters that weren’t. If we had a bit more time, it might have been 4-5 characters, and if we had less time, it might have been zero."

Toon Link could have potentially not been seen in brawl *Gasp*

It's a good thing that it didn't turn out that way or else I may have never started playing smash competitively.

What do you guys think about this, who would you play if Toon Link never appeared in smash bros brawl/pm and smash 4? And how would you feel about learning that Toon Link was a potential character, but had been cancelled?

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Considering the tiny amount of posts here, I think i'ma gonna go tell the MK boards that you guys have got them beat in terms of lurking in the shadows. That or the fact that the KGD is just a used for more stuff. And, as of now, you have a new member of the Tink Boards.

Edit, because nobody's posted here.
You guys need to make this an actual social page.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
hi

So since someone *Cough* Artemis *Cough* locked me in a room full of cuccos and won't let me leave until I post something, I wanted to quote a thing that I saw on the front page.

"
Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut. The characters that are strongly involved in the main plot had to be characters that were confirmed to be in the game from a fairly early stage. But this time, there were characters that were confirmed midway during development, and characters that weren’t. If we had a bit more time, it might have been 4-5 characters, and if we had less time, it might have been zero."

Toon Link could have potentially not been seen in brawl *Gasp*

It's a good thing that it didn't turn out that way or else I may have never started playing smash competitively.

What do you guys think about this, who would you play if Toon Link never appeared in smash bros brawl/pm and smash 4? And how would you feel about learning that Toon Link was a potential character, but had been cancelled?
It would have been quite a bummer to find out that Toon Link could have been in Brawl, but just didn't make it. He was my most wanted character back during the Brawl days after all. I'm glad that it didn't turn out that way and that he still stuck around for Smash 4.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I can honestly imagine Toon not being in Brawl. Change is weird yknow, and it's not hard to imagine something that had a possibility of not happening. :p
A change from Young Link is nice, I guess. I wonder if Young Link would've been made completely different by Smash 4 if he was kept though.
What I WOULDN'T be able to see is Jiggs not being in Brawl. The original 12 are kind of a thing that should be in all the games.

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Why is it that the Tink boards are so quiet? Are there just so few Tink mains? I just went on the Roy boards yesterday and in a few hours on the social thread alone I got around the same amount of alerts I would get (I literally just got another alert from there, further proving my point) from all of the Tink boards in about a whole week! Is Tink just that underused?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I think everybody just hangs out in the Toon Link Skype chat. As a result, the Toon Link boards are less active.
Kind of unfortunate really.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
hi

i have sails here

hurry and grab it while its on sail and i'll throw in an extra fair deal that will blow your mind

a bomb

50 rupees pls

Did you guys know that cyrene was best toon link player?

D

Deleted member

hi

i have sails here

hurry and grab it while its on sail and i'll throw in an extra fair deal that will blow your mind

a bomb

50 rupees pls

Did you guys know that cyrene was best toon link player?
Flup flup, muff. Clag yorm.
well... why the hell haven't i tried joining yet... who do i ask to try and join? Is it artemis?
You can also post your Skype username here so anyone in the group who sees your post can add you there.
Why is it that the Tink boards are so quiet? Are there just so few Tink mains? I just went on the Roy boards yesterday and in a few hours on the social thread alone I got around the same amount of alerts I would get (I literally just got another alert from there, further proving my point) from all of the Tink boards in about a whole week! Is Tink just that underused?
It just needs some social person to take initiative or whatevwr the word is with all the talky stuff. Like personally I don't really post on Smash Boards amymore because lyme brain = too incoherent thoughts for this site (same with messages, so many people to reply to but so sick >_>). The Skype group is easier to post in because of the format or something (I forget...), so I just say whatever nonsense and that gets people talking. This board just needs someone who can do that here, but without the nonsense part.
Back to lurking.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Calling out all the highborn in this video aren't ya lol nice combos. You mind teaching me the inputs? They look really difficult.
step 1: hold up
step 2: MASH A TILL WE WIN!!!
You can also post your Skype username here so anyone in the group who sees your post can add you there.

It just needs some social person to take initiative or whatevwr the word is with all the talky stuff. Like personally I don't really post on Smash Boards amymore because lyme brain = too incoherent thoughts for this site (same with messages, so many people to reply to but so sick >_>). The Skype group is easier to post in because of the format or something (I forget...), so I just say whatever nonsense and that gets people talking. This board just needs someone who can do that here, but without the nonsense part.
Back to lurking.
First of all I'lljust get my skype name out of the way, (caution, memes) xXxXxX_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)LotadAlittle大阪( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_XxXxXx
yes, that's my skype name... and yes, that is japanese text... I'm so sorry, I'm a filthy memelord.

secondly, I guess I might be that guy, or I might not, I just kinda chill here and say things like I know what I'm talking about

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
If people use the Skype group more than they use this thread, count me in.
Skype name: megamatt1110

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Behold. Lon Lon Milk Toon Link.
No baby milk? How are you going to find out what it tastes like now?
[1:54:34 AM] Sai: i wonder how baby milk tastes like now
step 1: hold up
step 2: MASH A TILL WE WIN!!!

First of all I'lljust get my skype name out of the way, (caution, memes) xXxXxX_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)LotadAlittle大阪( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_XxXxXx
yes, that's my skype name... and yes, that is japanese text... I'm so sorry, I'm a filthy memelord.

secondly, I guess I might be that guy, or I might not, I just kinda chill here and say things like I know what I'm talking about
You could be if you talked more. :p Maybe if you say some fancy nonsense. Like today a cat went to the beach to grow an ankle, but there were too many old men there. The old men had to go home or else the moon would become infected, so my TV became a unicorn. Unicorns can only be so cool though, and that's why I'm greater than @ Cyre Cyre .
If people use the Skype group more than they use this thread, count me in.
Skype name: megamatt1110
Just post here more and this board will get more active like the Skype group. It just needs someone to do that, not me though because I only talk about nonsense. But yeah, I'll be able to add you to the group when you accept my friend request on Skype.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Just post here more and this board will get more active like the Skype group. It just needs someone to do that, not me though because I only talk about nonsense. But yeah, I'll be able to add you to the group when you accept my friend request on Skype.
Accepted. and now that I finally have a computer, I can post more.
I think another problem is I only ever see the same 10 accounts on here, more people need to post stuff around here.

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
No baby milk? How are you going to find out what it tastes like now?
[1:54:34 AM] Sai: i wonder how baby milk tastes like now

You could be if you talked more. :p Maybe if you say some fancy nonsense. Like today a cat went to the beach to grow an ankle, but there were too many old men there. The old men had to go home or else the moon would become infected, so my TV became a unicorn. Unicorns can only be so cool though, and that's why I'm greater than @ Cyre Cyre .
Nerd, yesterday I saw the old men at the station, they came by to borrow my spaceship, but I loaned it to the milk man that sai was trying to purchase baby milk from. You aren't a real unicorn @Artemis, you are just an old smelly horse. I am the only unicorn here.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I'd also like to join the skype group, my name is: the-zedi-wonder

I don't post often at all and don't have much to contribute in terms of tech knowledge but I want to improve, I've been consistently top 16 in the New South Wales scene but never in the Top 8 and I'm really trying hard to improve to beat all my friends who are better then me and keep challenging me to money matches for training.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
today I walked down to the shop, it had been a while since I had last gone there. It was refreshing to see this place once again. "How have you been, shop?" I asked.
"Shops can't talk, dip****." he replied.

and that is why @Artemis is not a reindeer

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So Toon Link's officially confirmed for Hyrule Warriors Legends with in game screenshots.

I'm very happy to see him in this game. Hopefully we will get some gameplay footage soon too.
Now I can play as my main in Hyrule Warriors, so that way I should be able to practice Smash without even playing Smash!

Anyway, is anyone else super excited to hear the new remixes? I adore every song in the Hyrule Warriors soundtrack, and I can't wait to hear what they've come up with for Dragon Roost Island especially.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Since I don't have any local smash scene I try to verse as many people I find smashboards as I can and right now I'm planning on hosting a sm4sh tournament on Saturday (not the online tournament mode, It'll all take place over the with friends mode so there's more control over the rules). I currently have 5 people who can do it (only 4 signed up on the site, one person can do it but is asleep rn). Sorry but no prizes available because I'm 14, poor as **** and live in England so, shipping n' stuff. If you are interested in this then please contact me here on smashboards or on skype.
All the rules for the tournament are on this site: http://challonge.com/LotadAlittle_sm4sh_1
The time displayed isn't necessarily when the tournament takes place, we will see who's taking part in the tournament first and then organise around when everyone is available. Please consider joining in on this tournament, I may consider doing this weekly.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I just bought HW on Wii U, so I'm gonna be mad salty if I can't get the WW content as DLC. All of the DLC content that's not available on Wii U it has to be from my favourite Zelda...

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Now I can play as my main in Hyrule Warriors, so that way I should be able to practice Smash without even playing Smash!

Anyway, is anyone else super excited to hear the new remixes? I adore every song in the Hyrule Warriors soundtrack, and I can't wait to hear what they've come up with for Dragon Roost Island especially.
your ability to mash will be so on point.

I haven't heard the soundtrack yet, loz music has never really stuck with me, but if you say it's good then maybe I'll give it a listen.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Hi i was wondering if I could join the skype group? Had some questions about TL and wanted to talk to the community some. Name is Langeman92 appreciate it.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
sillhouette tink.png
DarkToonLinkP.png

whats up scrubs
just your everyday fabulous gay main here
using the better character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GLITTER BOMB TIME! Okay fine they're rainbow, but close enough

al_100425_01422binout.jpg~original-20150914_205149.jpg

Str8 Link may be the better Link in Smash 4, but Gay will always be more fabulous. You Str8 Link mains can only dream of your main being this fabulous.
PicsArt_1442307569957.jpg

Gay > Str8 Link

I'll bet the Str8 Link mains wish their main were in Triforce Heroes instead of ours so Str8 could wear this.
tumblr_nujbh69qhU1rhi61mo1_1280-20150913_010846.jpg

Gay is way more fabulous, so he'll always get the cool outfits. U jelly, Str8 mains?

You nerd, Gay is waaay better in smash 4, I mean he runs faster... and he can.... back throw kill at like 175 percent... I MEAN WHAT DOES LINK HAVE? OH HE CAN DOWNTILT INTO FAIR, SO WHAT, PSH. A grab combo game you say, gay doesn't even need it. We to fab man, get bodied.

ohgodkillme
You forgot about our fabulous utaunt, and our godlike PM taunt with the milk and the godlike hero's charm taunt. And Str8 Link can't even take selfies.

No response from the Links yet, I think we can feclare victory now. Let me post a selfie.
20150907_123152-1-1-1.jpg

Selfie with the hero's charm, and a treasure chest with a pot on top of it. Beat that, Str8 mains. I wish I knew how to get pictures from my Wii U in higher quality lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Warning Received
tink amiibo thumbs up.jpg

I vote we call link "lame" from now on
Toon link shall henceforth be known as "better link

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
tinkguns.jpg

our fabulous main is also more badass
see this here? badass.
does lame have guns? no.
purple tink.png

fabulous

You forgot about our fabulous utaunt, and our godlike PM taunt with the milk and the godlike hero's charm taunt. And Str8 Link can't even take selfies.
tink selfie.jpg

ganon is mad
but better link doesn't care
he doesn't lose this matchup like lame does

lame isn't capable of this much disrespect

no disrespect=bad character

suit tink.jpg

do you see this?
better link has a sense of style
he has more than one pair of clothes
unlike lame who has what, 2 in skyward sword, 3 in ocarina of time, and 1 in pretty much any other game?
pfft. better link will always be better

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
GLITTER BOMB TIME! Okay fine they're rainbow, but close enough

Str8 Link may be the better Link in Smash 4, but Gay will always be more fabulous. You Str8 Link mains can only dream of your main being this fabulous.
Gay > Str8 Link
You nerd, Gay is waaay better in smash 4, I mean he runs faster... and he can.... back throw kill at like 175 percent... I MEAN WHAT DOES LINK HAVE? OH HE CAN DOWNTILT INTO FAIR, SO WHAT, PSH. A grab combo game you say, gay doesn't even need it. We to fab man, get bodied.

ohgodkillme

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
link-stabbing-ganon.jpg

lame isn't capable of this kind of badassery
let's see a lame main 2 stock a major player

Last edited:

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
Damn, I bet you wish you could be as FABULOUS as Gay is!

I'd troll TL back but you guys took the challenge out of it.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King Junior

Better link even gets all the ladies in smash. See?

Don't forget, Engineer Link's also quite stylish. Especially dat hat. You can find him by flagging him down while he's riding the Spirit Train!

Speaking of that, better link even owns a train.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Toon Link can lift boulders twenty times his size. Sure, Link does that in Ocarina of Time, and both use special items to do so, but do you know the key difference?

Hint: Look at the picture.

1) Toon Link's like ten when he does this as opposed to OoT Link's seventeen.

2) Toon Link gets bonus points for being ADORABLE!!! OoT Link is not.

View attachment 73589
do you see this?
better link has a sense of style
he has more than one pair of clothes
unlike lame who has what, 2 in skyward sword, 3 in ocarina of time, and 1 in pretty much any other game?
pfft. better link will always be better
Don't forget, Engineer Link's also quite stylish. Especially dat hat. You can find him by flagging him down while he's riding the Spirit Train!

Top Bottom