• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Good to see activity in this thread. And that enthusiasm for Toon! I'm proud of you all.

At least in this social thread I don't have to consider such posts as spam or trolling, so consider this a warning.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
We can never be like you Fox. We can't even speak the native toungue....
But I'm learning...

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Woot, smashboards update. How does everyone feel about it so far, I'm hoping the mobile changes also included better performance on it and the site actually works properly for mobile.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Woot, smashboards update. How does everyone feel about it so far, I'm hoping the mobile changes also included better performance on it and the site actually works properly for mobile.
I haven't checked the update details yet, is there anything major changed besides the look of some things?

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I haven't checked the update details yet, is there anything major changed besides the look of some things?
It shows if people are online or not on their avatar, that looks really good. Though the biggest thing seems to be mobile and just general look of the site

D

Deleted member

Spicy peanut stir fry is the best food ever.

But hey how do we know anything exists? We only have five senses to sense stuff and stuff, but those senses are pretty corruptable. Like with dreams and stuff we think everything is real until we wake up and realize it's all an illusion, the moral of the story is that once we really wake up we'll realize everything is an illusion except conscious itself.

This is why we need candy openers. That or we could all realize that we're actually coral fish.

The update murdered my cool premium blue skin, now I'll have to pay for premium again if I want ir back. D:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Spicy peanut stir fry is the best food ever.

But hey how do we know anything exists? We only have five senses to sense stuff and stuff, but those senses are pretty corruptable. Like with dreams and stuff we think everything is real until we wake up and realize it's all an illusion, the moral of the story is that once we really wake up we'll realize everything is an illusion except conscious itself.

This is why we need candy openers. That or we could all realize that we're actually coral fish.

The update murdered my cool premium blue skin, now I'll have to pay for premium again if I want ir back. D:
You never had a premium bleu skin, it was just in your mind, or was it in my mind? I don't know, I'm to busy eating spicy peanut stir fry.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
toon link tiers.png
I noticed that people's signatures only show up on their first post on each page. Why is this?

Also, what do you guys think of my tier list?

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Yeah I kinda just threw the pictures in random places..
I'll remake it better
i actually made a little picture similar to that a while back which i'm planning on using for a video
wow... i just realised how big that is
edit:
does anyone have any tips on how to find where your local smash scene is? I don't think I have one but I might, and if I do then I want in now.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
does anyone have any tips on how to find where your local smash scene is? I don't think I have one but I might, and if I do then I want in now.
Double post. you might want to edit that into your last post
But anyways, I found my local scene just by going into the tournament listings on here and kept scrolling until I found a nearby one

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
So who else is gonna get hyrule warriors legends? I'm gonna try to get it at release, mainly so i can play as tetra... I want tetra in sm4sh so bad...

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about it... I finally got a 3DS recently (the new one!). It's better than I expected. Monster Hunter 4u is all I have so far. Hyrule Warriors looks like a good reason to add to my collection though. Never got to getting the Wii U version but I was pretty interested in it.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I'm thinking about it... I finally got a 3DS recently (the new one!). It's better than I expected. Monster Hunter 4u is all I have so far. Hyrule Warriors looks like a good reason to add to my collection though. Never got to getting the Wii U version but I was pretty interested in it.
I didn't buy the wii u ver. either. I felt a hack 'n' slash game wouldn't be for me because it looks like it's a button masher, maybe I'm wrong though, I'm just in it for Tetra.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else planning on watching the blood moon later? It won't be very visible where I live since the peak is at sunset here, but I'm still going to try to watch it. Really hoping I still manage to get a good view of it, especially since I didn't really get to see the other blood mooms. The first one I missed because my health was doing horribly and I hadn't slept in days, the second I missed because there was a rainstorm and a sandstorm going on at the same time (out of season for both of those too, go figure). The third I was able to watch even though I hadn't slept in days, but it was pretty underwhelming since only a sliver of the moon turned red. I took this picture of it, though you can't really tell it's a blood moon or even the moon at all lol.
20150404_050508-1.jpg

Here's a graph with the times for the blood moon stuff:
12010612_10207563201269028_3922638407086355713_o.jpg

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Sand storm + rain storm sounds... muddy.

I'm scared to watch it... I hear rumors that I'm in the right area that the ghost ship will appear in. Looked at the charts and everything. The rumors seem pretty accurate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So happy I got to watch the blood moon. It was hard to stay out and watch it with my poor health since I'm bedridden for the most part, and I'm still in a lot of pain from it, but it was worth it. It was so amazing that I stayed outside three hours for it and didn't even notice it was over 100 degrees (38 celsius) when I first got outside and 90 (32 celsius) when I came inside, lol. I tried taking pictures (which I attached two of), unfortunately they didn't turn out so well and look nothing like the way the moon was, which at its peak was a small dark glowy orange. It was only dark red before it started turning orange, which was pretty interesting.

Pretty interesting thing happened before it got dark enough to see the moon. The sun was starting to set a little, so I was looking around to see if I could see the moon at all, and thought I found it when I saw a crescent-shaped sliver in the sky (which is what I expected the moon to look like since the eclipse had started). I looked at it for a little bit, them all of a sudden it turned into a straight line and grew a ton, then went back to not moving. It disappeared immediately after I took this picture of it:
20150927_182806-1.jpg
It's hard to see since it disappeared right after this, but anyone have any ideas what it could've been?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
I managed to get some pictures as well.
Screenshot_2015-09-27-23-12-57-1.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-23-13-11-1.png

Kinda hard to see them, but a photo is still a photo I guess

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Looks good to me!

I'll be honest, I was expecting a full blown zombie apocalypse when the blood moon completed... I'm very disappointed.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I'm going to say something so that other people get the notification and remember this place exists, then they might even say a thing, isn't that mental... anyway, you people need to keep saying stuff here so this thread doesn't stay in a coma for too long whenever it does or I'll murder your first born child...

On another completely unrelated note, what profile picture do you think I should use?

Lennute (left).png
there's Lennute

Osaka 3.png
You've got Osaka

and i have an mlg pic of Sakurai somewhere

This message was brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood memelord

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Well, apparently, I wasn't receiving notifications for this thread anymore for about a week. Just a comment so I can watch this thread again.
I finally understand how 1.1.1 shields work after about ~1.5 hours of reading and looking at different sources. Man. All these terms are so weird.
So shieldstun and shield hitlag are the same thing, right? Just different names? That was a question that was nagging me from the beginning, and I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I just want confirmation.

https://twitter.com/Shulkified/status/649280901810155520
Yo.
I'm pretty excited to see how weird Smash 4 might become. Between this and Fox finding a way to break shields that is at least safer and faster than fsmash, we pretty much see weird characters doing way more things that wouldn't work before because they are safe, and are scary on shield.

Hooray to the future of Smash 4.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well, apparently, I wasn't receiving notifications for this thread anymore for about a week. Just a comment so I can watch this thread again.
I finally understand how 1.1.1 shields work after about ~1.5 hours of reading and looking at different sources. Man. All these terms are so weird.
So shieldstun and shield hitlag are the same thing, right? Just different names? That was a question that was nagging me from the beginning, and I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I just want confirmation.

https://twitter.com/Shulkified/status/649280901810155520
Yo.
I'm pretty excited to see how weird Smash 4 might become. Between this and Fox finding a way to break shields that is at least safer and faster than fsmash, we pretty much see weird characters doing way more things that wouldn't work before because they are safe, and are scary on shield.

Hooray to the future of Smash 4.
Shield hitlag and shieldstun are different things. For all things of this sort, go to the smash dictionary http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-dictionary.374538/

And about the whole potential shield breaking thing. The shield needs to be lowered for starters, and even then it isn't a guaranteed shield-break because the opponent can choose to get hit by the second hit of Nair by letting go of shield. Unless of course their shield is so low that the first hit of Nair will break it, in which case, yes, it would be inescapable once they shield the bomb.
This is definitely superior to the F-smash situation. The opponent can always potentially avoid the second hit of F-smash completely once they shield the first hit (e.g. if they roll asap) (though I will admit that this has become a scarier situation for them now) and unlike the second hit of Nair which can be landed behind the opponent's shield to avoid grabs where you'll have a potential +1 frame advantage on shield-drop (i.e. you'll have a real chance of getting off scot-free), the second hit of F-smash is still super punishable if it doesn't break the shield.

Top Bottom