• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

D

Deleted member

THE CHAT WAKER - TOON LINK SOCIAL + SKYPE GROUP

Welcome to the Toon Link social thread! Feel free to discuss anything related to our cartoonish green hero, anything related to The Legend of Zelda, how your day was, or any other random stuff as long as it doesn't break the site's rules and as long as it doesn't belong in another thread.

Things that belong in another thread include:
  • Q&As, which go here
  • Discussion on progression of Toon Link's metagame, which goes here
  • Stage discussion, which goes here
  • Match-ups, which go here
  • Videos for critiquing and/or videos of top Toon Links playing, which go here
  • Custom move discussion, which goes here
Basically, if there's a stickied thread for what you want to discuss, it belongs there, not here.
And most importantly, have fun! This is a social thread, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yooo

Username: Sheikant
Main: Toon Link
Secondaries: Marth, Sheik
Favorite Toon Link costume: Been using the Silver-ish one with green sleeves the most but slowly changing back to Red because it looks too cool.
Likes: Video games, Video game music, Eating Chocolate lel, :135:, Game of Thrones, music, TV, smash tournaments, :smashville::delfino:
Dislikes: :frigate: i hope it doesnt come back on wii u version, :falcomelee: melee falco has all my hate, poor economic situations not letting me travel
Other facts: I think :4tlink: is actually good in this game :o

D

Deleted member

Woohoo, two profiles! We've got a real party going on in here! :p

Also, we need a conversation starter, so what are you guys' favorite Zelda games? Any Zelda games you're currently playing?

Personally, mine are Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. I'm currently playing the original LoZ for the NES, and doing a guideless three heart challenge in OoT as completed as I can possibly get it (including finding all of the golden skulltulas, which is crazy hard without a guide).

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Woohoo, two profiles! We've got a real party going on in here! :p

Also, we need a conversation starter, so what are you guys' favorite Zelda games? Any Zelda games you're currently playing?

Personally, mine are Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. I'm currently playing the original LoZ for the NES, and doing a guideless three heart challenge in OoT as completed as I can possibly get it (including finding all of the golden skulltulas, which is crazy hard without a guide).
Yep, Toon Link boards is crazy active :p. My favorite Zelda game (and favorite video game too) is Majora's Mask. I was so hype and happy yesterday when I saw the remake announcement. Nintendo gave me the best birthday present I could ask from them even if it was a day late :p. After Majora's Mask, my second favorite is OOT then Wind Waker, then A Link Between Worlds and then TP and Skyward Sword tied together. I'm not currently playing any zelda games but that will change soon. Planning to replay them at some point before MM3D is released.

D

Deleted member

Yep, Toon Link boards is crazy active :p. My favorite Zelda game (and favorite video game too) is Majora's Mask. I was so hype and happy yesterday when I saw the remake announcement. Nintendo gave me the best birthday present I could ask from them even if it was a day late :p. After Majora's Mask, my second favorite is OOT then Wind Waker, then A Link Between Worlds and then TP and Skyward Sword tied together. I'm not currently playing any zelda games but that will change soon. Planning to replay them at some point before MM3D is released.
Happy belated birthday!
I'm pretty hyped about the Majora's Mask remake, too. I'm sad to say that I haven't gotten to play the original, but I've heard very good things about it, so I'm excited for the remake so I can play it for my first time in 3D. With how well OoT was pulled off on the 3DS, a Majora's Mask remake looks very promising.

Cam~

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2257-7738

Main: :4tlink:
Secondaries: :4greninja::4kirby:
Favorite Toon Link costume: ALBW Costume (8th Pallete)
Dislikes: :4littlemac:, not much else.
Other facts: You can play with me anytime, I do nothing so so I'm available all day long.

D

Deleted member

Other facts: You can play with me anytime, I do nothing so so I'm available all day long.
Same here, though for me it's more literal since I have nothing else to do due to bad life circumstances right now, and they don't look like they'll change any time soon. On the bright side, that gives me much more time to practice and get better, and I can play pretty much whenever anyone wants to play.

Cam~

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2257-7738
Same here, though for me it's more literal since I have nothing else to do due to bad life circumstances right now, and they don't look like they'll change any time soon. On the bright side, that gives me much more time to practice and get better, and I can play pretty much whenever anyone wants to play.
Lol. By the way, my favorite Zelda game is Wind Waker because it's the only one I've played :p. (And from what I've seen from the others, Wind Waker would still win even if I had played other Zelda games.) DONT sue me! Lol

D

Deleted member

Lol. By the way, my favorite Zelda game is Wind Waker because it's the only one I've played :p. (And from what I've seen from the others, Wind Waker would still win even if I had played other Zelda games.) DONT sue me! Lol
That makes me feel a lot better, actually, lol. My LoZ game was Twilight Princess and I haven't played that many LoZ games in general (the list of ones I've actually beaten is even more pathetically short, lol), so I always feel like the odd one out among other TL mains. I think Wind Waker would probably stay as one of my favorites even if I'd played more LoZ games, too.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
[Insert obligatory Ocarina of Time fanboy argument here]

Albi out, deal with it

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I really want to know. Out of all of Tink's changes, which is your least favourite. Me, it's his bair, since it's bascially his old bair but with more lag, which I find extremely stupid.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I really want to know. Out of all of Tink's changes, which is your least favourite. Me, it's his bair, since it's bascially his old bair but with more lag, which I find extremely stupid.
Definitely bair, no question. I don't even mind that sh double arrow is gone, but bair having been nerfed so badly really hurts. I used to love spamming it in Brawl, and even with how bad it is now it's still a tough habit for me to drop. Then there's how his new bair leaves him nearly defenseless from the back and unable to really attack opponents behind him, his combo ability has been hurt, and I could go on.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Definitely bair, no question. I don't even mind that sh double arrow is gone, but bair having been nerfed so badly really hurts. I used to love spamming it in Brawl, and even with how bad it is now it's still a tough habit for me to drop. Then there's how his new bair leaves him nearly defenseless from the back and unable to really attack opponents behind him, his combo ability has been hurt, and I could go on.
An don't even get me started on his aerial spin attack. I mean, what the heck were they thinking, his suppose to be the one with a better recovery. It's so ****. hmm......... do you think that if we complain enough, Sakuria will give us a update were he fixes these changes?

D

Deleted member

An don't even get me started on his aerial spin attack. I mean, what the heck were they thinking, his suppose to be the one with a better recovery. It's so ****. hmm......... do you think that if we complain enough, Sakuria will give us a update were he fixes these changes?
Based on the descriptions from the updates we've gotten so far it looks like balance changes are planned for the future, so at least that gives TL some hope. I still doubt that TL has any chance of getting buffed at all, though. :( The balance changes are probably there to prevent something like another MK, not to buff lower tier characters.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Based on the descriptions from the updates we've gotten so far it looks like balance changes are planned for the future, so at least that gives TL some hope. I still doubt that TL has any chance of getting buffed at all, though. :( The balance changes are probably there to prevent something like another MK, not to buff lower tier characters.
I still think someone/s should try at least. Who knows, Sakuria might listen.

D

Deleted member

I still think someone/s should try at least. Who knows, Sakuria might listen.
I wonder where Sakurai checks for feedback, anyway. I mean, I'm sure he has to check somewhere, otherwise MK wouldn't have been nerfed so much.

Also, holy ****. I've been hearing a lot about this 10-year-old prodigy at SSBU, but I didn't think she could really be this good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_NF8sgN0I&index=1&list=UUxEOxjqcFvsTN5sRVN9sduw
She could really work on her rolling habit, but other than that it was really, really impressive. Just, wow.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I wonder where Sakurai checks for feedback, anyway. I mean, I'm sure he has to check somewhere, otherwise MK wouldn't have been nerfed so much.

Also, holy ****. I've been hearing a lot about this 10-year-old prodigy at SSBU, but I didn't think she could really be this good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_NF8sgN0I&index=1&list=UUxEOxjqcFvsTN5sRVN9sduw
She could really work on her rolling habit, but other than that it was really, really impressive. Just, wow.
Heard it was set up.

D

Deleted member

Heard it was set up.
A lot of people seem to have a hard time believing it and have been saying that it had to have been set up, but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up. It's clearly a ten-year-old girl in the videos, though, and she's doing some pretty crazy stuff. I can see her opponents going easy on her for her age and her getting a bunch of wins that way, but it's clear she's still pretty talented even without the help of people going easy on her.

Edit: I saw this right after I made this post: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/1...bros-players-was-a-hoax-paid-for-by-gamestop/
Well that's lame. I'm really surprised Gamestop would do this kind of thing. I wonder if they had any reason for it besides just for laughs. Apparently she was doing ATs and stuff, and the combos looked pretty crazy, so that still makes me wonder how that happened.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people seem to have a hard time believing it and have been saying that it had to have been set up, but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up. It's clearly a ten-year-old girl in the videos, though, and she's doing some pretty crazy stuff. I can see her opponents going easy on her for her age and her getting a bunch of wins that way, but it's clear she's still pretty talented even without the help of people going easy on her.

Edit: I saw this right after I made this post: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/1...bros-players-was-a-hoax-paid-for-by-gamestop/
Well that's lame. I'm really surprised Gamestop would do this kind of thing. I wonder if they had any reason for it besides just for laughs. Apparently she was doing ATs and stuff, and the combos looked pretty crazy, so that still makes me wonder how that happened.
Yeah, well, it against players who have been playing the series for 10 years against a girl who probable doesn't know who Diddy Kong even is.

Oh before I forget, here is my profile thing you ask people to do

Username: Unknown Hero
Main: :4tlink::4robinm: ?:4link:?
Secondaries::4pit: :4falcon::4lucina: ?:4sonic::4shulk: :4miisword:?
Favorite Toon Link costume: ALTTP Costume and Blue/Purple
Likes: Video games, Pizza, Smash, Mythbusters, :younglinkmelee: (a lot), good music, :135:,
Dislikes: :4jigglypuff:, bad games, bad food,:mky:, disturbing jokes
Other facts: Favourite game series is Legend of Zelda, I find :4littlemac: really fun to play and not OP, I think :4miisword: should be playable in tournments

Cam~

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2257-7738
Seeing Brawl matches makes me suffer T-T.

R.I.P. Pogo Stick & Old B-Air (Jan 31, 2008 - Sept 11 2014)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Username: Mota
Main: Toon Link:4tlink:
Secondaries: Diddy & Yoshi:4diddy::4yoshi:
Favorite Toon Link costume: Blue (I like to think it camouflages our bombs)
Likes: Martial Arts, Poker, Movies, T.V: GoT, Parks & Rec, South Park, Cruising whilst driving with Rap music, Taylor Swift, Disney Music.
Dislikes: Procrastination, The Killers, not getting time to myself lol
Other facts: I like to call dogs 'dougus' :confused:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I edited the format of the profiles slightly so they look less messy. Adding colors would help distinguish the profiles and make them more readable for people using the white skin (if I didn't make them white they would've turned red) , so again, if anyone wants their profile to be a certain color then please say so.

Favorite Toon Link costume: Blue (I like to think it camouflages our bombs)

I think you're right. I've heard other people say it camouflages our bombs, too. I also have a tendency to forget if I'm holding a bomb or not (is that bad? lol), which has been a little problematic with blue TL since they blend in with his tunic until they're about to explode on you. I can see the blue tunic being useful for people with better memories.

Other facts: I like to call dogs 'dougus' :confused:
I'm curious where that came from, lol.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm definitely gonna dedicate more than a passing interest in this character this game, so I'll introduce myself.

Username: #HBC | Laundry
Main: :4greninja: :4tlink:
Secondaries: None in particular
Favorite Toon Link costume: Kinda varies, sometimes blue, sometimes purple, sometimes ALTTP colors.
Likes: Mafia, Vidya, Art, Playing Piano, Music, Sculpting, Theorizing, Pokemon, Birds
Dislikes: Hypocrisy, grandstanding, and manipulation.
Other facts: I often end my posts in :186:

:186:

D

Deleted member

Uhh... Wow, I heard it was hard reading white text on the white skin, but I haven't used it until now so I didn't realize how bright it is. I can't even see the text here: http://oi62.tinypic.com/j0v4sg.jpg
Does anyone know how to change the text just for one post so it doesn't show your normal text color, and instead shows the default?

Other facts: I often end my posts in :186:

:186:
Woah. That's a really good idea. I think I'm going to end my posts with a chinchou now, lol.

:170:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
That's just straight up horrifying. The fact that it's wearing shoes is unnerving.

It's like someone trans-mutated Ronald McDonald with a dog.
Reminds me of

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I enjoyed FMA so much that I haven't watched anything since then because I feel like anything else will be a disappointment? Lol. Though, at least I have some other animes I had written down somewhere that I was going to give a try when I get over this and also when my computer's sound is fixed.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, well, it against players who have been playing the series for 10 years against a girl who probable doesn't know who Diddy Kong even is.

Oh before I forget, here is my profile thing you ask people to do

Username: Unknown Hero
Main: :4tlink::4robinm: ?:4link:?
Secondaries::4pit: :4falcon::4lucina: ?:4sonic::4shulk: :4miisword:?
Favorite Toon Link costume:
ALTTP Costume and Blue/Purple
Likes: Video games, Pizza, Smash, Mythbusters, :younglinkmelee: (a lot), good music, :135:,
Dislikes: :4jigglypuff:, bad games, bad food,:mky:, disturbing jokes
Other facts: Favourite game series is Legend of Zelda, I find :4littlemac: really fun to play and not OP, I think :4miisword: should be playable in tournments
FYI Dr Artemis, I have a new account now, being this one, Unkown Hero was my old one that I am replacing. Just though you should know

D

Deleted member

Lol, the OP I originally had written was so disorganized that a friend of mine completely re-wrote it so I could replace it with the eyesore I originally wrote. He also changed some of the rule stuff a little bit, so now you all have profile colors whether you like it or not. :p

FYI Dr Artemis, I have a new account now, being this one, Unkown Hero was my old one that I am replacing. Just though you should know
I don't know if I'm more tired from lack of sleep than I realize or what, but your current name and your old name look exactly the same. There's nothing I need to change, then, right?
Edit: Oops, I just noticed your original name had a spelling error. I can't believe I actually missed that, lol. I'm normally a huge grammar nazi. But yeah, I'll go fix it.

D

Deleted member

So how's everyone who's played the Wii U version liking it so far? And how are the "Gamecube" controllers on it? Are they just as good as the original ones made for the Gamecube?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So how's everyone who's played the Wii U version liking it so far? And how are the "Gamecube" controllers on it? Are they just as good as the original ones made for the Gamecube?
Oh it's great :chuckle:.

*Looks at empty Wii U slot* :crying:.

D

Deleted member

Oh it's great :chuckle:.

*Looks at empty Wii U slot* :crying:.
Same, though fortunately for me it won't be for much longer. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it, but a relative paid for it for me as a surprise present. I'm just waiting for it to download now, though it won't be until tomorrow before it finishes downloading (it's been downloading for over an hour and still has almost 10 hours left to go, even though I have really good internet). I'm excited to see if TL really is better in the Wii U version like I keep hearing. I also hear the Wii U version is a lot faster, so that would be awesome. I hope it turns out there's a simple way of being able to use custom characters in tournaments (not even sure how that would work), but I doubt it. At least the buffs that people are saying TL got should help make up for it a little, assuming it really is true that he got buffed.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Same, though fortunately for me it won't be for much longer. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it, but a relative paid for it for me as a surprise present. I'm just waiting for it to download now, though it won't be until tomorrow before it finishes downloading (it's been downloading for over an hour and still has almost 10 hours left to go, even though I have really good internet). I'm excited to see if TL really is better in the Wii U version like I keep hearing. I also hear the Wii U version is a lot faster, so that would be awesome. I hope it turns out there's a simple way of being able to use custom characters in tournaments (not even sure how that would work), but I doubt it. At least the buffs that people are saying TL got should help make up for it a little, assuming it really is true that he got buffed.
Tell me if he can Short hop double Bair! For all the buffs he my have gotten, Toon Link got to many nerfs in all the wrong places (I'm looking at you Bair and Air Up B!)

D

Deleted member

Tell me if he can Short hop double Bair! For all the buffs he my have gotten, Toon Link got to many nerfs in all the wrong places (I'm looking at you Bair and Air Up B!)
Definitely. Messing around with TL to see how he's different in the Wii U version is the second thing I plan on doing (the first would be turning off tap jump :p ). I should have at least something posted in the thread about the changes in the Wii U version by tomorrow. It turned out there was an issue with my internet that was slowing down the download, so it only (lol) has about six hours to go.

Also, since it's that time of year where most people are either celebrating a holiday of some sort (whether it's major or minor or whatever) or are around people who are celebrating some kind of holiday, what are your favorite holiday foods/drinks (not just winter ones, but any holiday)? Personally, I think my favorite holiday food is matzo ball soup. I also really like soynog and am liking this pumpkin spice drink I recently found at the store, even if they're not for a holiday I celebrate.
(I'm probably trying way too hard to start a conversation here... The TL board is really dead.)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Definitely. Messing around with TL to see how he's different in the Wii U version is the second thing I plan on doing (the first would be turning off tap jump :p ). I should have at least something posted in the thread about the changes in the Wii U version by tomorrow. It turned out there was an issue with my internet that was slowing down the download, so it only (lol) has about six hours to go.

Also, since it's that time of year where most people are either celebrating a holiday of some sort (whether it's major or minor or whatever) or are around people who are celebrating some kind of holiday, what are your favorite holiday foods/drinks (not just winter ones, but any holiday)? Personally, I think my favorite holiday food is matzo ball soup. I also really like soynog and am liking this pumpkin spice drink I recently found at the store, even if they're not for a holiday I celebrate.
(I'm probably trying way too hard to start a conversation here... The TL board is really dead.)
Thanks. I'm excited to hear that.

Also, my favourite food is Pizza. I know it's not really a holiday food, but I love it too much.

Yeah, compared to, say, the Robin and Lucina threads (or even Link threads) it's fairly quite.

Also, i have a question. If you guys could change Toon Link in the next patch, how would you do it? this is also a two part question.

1) The changed can include property and animation changes, (ie, make it so that Tink's dair is like Link's)

2) Only change the amount of Lag, angle of knockback, knockback and damage

for me it would be

1) Neutral B- Fire Arrows ala PM

?Side B - Ice or Fire Boomerang, sort of like Link's cutting Boomerang custom or just for awesome visuals

Up B - It no long relies on momentum

Down B - Young Link's Bomb's or Bombchu's

Jab combo - Same as PM

Side Smash - Same as PM

Up Smash - Double hit up smash, smash as PM

Dash attack and D tilt - Smash as PM

Dair - Make it Young LInk's dair with easier and more powerful spike hit box

2) Bair - Make it like his Brawl one

Up B - Goes higher and doesn't rely on momentum

General boost to damage out put.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom