• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I don't have access to any way to check is this is inescapable. Could you check if a flubbed Fair > Rising Uair would work off stage? As in I full hop, do the knee and sourspot, then double jump and uair.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Hey, with grab and releasing Wario, why not just him him with forward smash, then the knee for the kill? Both do more damage than the other moves (up B, u air, etc). I fail to see why Ally, or anyone for that matter, would want to do anything else.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What's the timing for wario's grab release>fsmash anyway? I seem to do it too soon or too late, but I keep missing the timing.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Anyone use Falcon's OOS up b? I've had a hard time finding opportunities to use it, and when I do, I usually miss for some reason. When do you use this move?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Angle it up and you won't miss
Practice makes perfect.
When you get the hang of it, it becomes easier to do.
Go to training mode and knee away.

Anyone use Falcon's OOS up b? I've had a hard time finding opportunities to use it, and when I do, I usually miss for some reason. When do you use this move?
Exactly.
You know when diddy kong throws a banana at you? Power shield it then upB if they get to do too many running attacks a lot. 3/4s of the time you'll land it if your close enough. But after one or two they'll more than likely get the message and stop doing it.

Captain Cruz

Smash Cadet
Guys, ive been playing brawl for over 2 years now, mained falcon like a year ago.

do you guys have any tips how i can improve my game with falcon anymore?
i can do some of the advanced stuff, and play some of the mind games.
but are there anymore things or combo's/tips.

thx in advance.

Jr

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Read up on the grab releases and stuff if you haven't. I think we have room to improve our metagame, we just need to find it. I think it'll probably be in our platform cancel stuff and falcon kick cancel stuff.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Read up on the grab releases and stuff if you haven't. I think we have room to improve our metagame, we just need to find it. I think it'll probably be in our platform cancel stuff and falcon kick cancel stuff.
You are on the right track, grasshopper :bee:

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
If you do an aerial as soon as possible after inputting a short hop, how many frames do you short hop before you start actually doing your aerial? Is it immediate?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Out of Dash Dancing, how do I stop in place and NOT skid, which makes me DA instead of jabbing like I want to?

I've done it on accident before, and I see all the good Faclons do it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Don't tilt the analog stick fully and then return it to neutral. Timing is fast and hard but not impossible.

Dash Dance Cancel grab could actually be useful but I can't use it outside of practice mode :/

Dash dance grab is cool too.

janne_837

Smash Cadet
I just got destroyed from a Robot in a mid tiers event. Can you guys give me sone general tipps about the match up?

PZ

Smash Lord
I just got destroyed from a Robot in a mid tiers event. Can you guys give me sone general tipps about the match up?
Don't move around so much and be patient. When the time comes you can aerial **** him since all his aerials are too slow to hit falcon on the right percent low-mid or something like that. You can be aggressive against him if you want but it is not as effective as being patient.

Limit his options when recovering and read into any habit he has when he is recovering. Fun fact he can't airdodge when up bin so you CAN stomp or knee him out of it with timing/reading. Jab cancel alot!!!!! IT IS TOO EFFECTIVE LOL. FH nair combos are amazing. He has quick grab so make sure you don't get too close with your aerials.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Does anyone know of any good setups to pratfall someone from a platform when they're shielding? Ike is really good at it, and I was wondering if this could help our platform game out more.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Pretty sure SHFF uair is the best choice. Doesn't push them as far as Knee or something, but that's slow and easily punishable.

Utilt could work too. Uair is just by fair the best option.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah Uair, Bair and Utilt work good to shield push someone on a platform.
Usmash works too but it's harder to use.
Or you can also B up after a SH Uair.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well the main reason you don't Usmash someone who's on a platform is that the first hit pops them up so the second hit doesn't connect.
That problem is solved if the opponent shields, and the second hit has very good shield push (useful on the ledge too).

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Good point. I've recently fallen in love with nair and dash attack lately, we'll see how it goes in the future lol.

Do we have any accurate percents anywhere for dair to knee anymore?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
What are Falcon's followups to forcing a ledge tumble? Just jabs and normal
boring
stuff?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
What are Falcon's followups to forcing a ledge tumble? Just jabs and normal
boring
stuff?
I'd stick with jabs but you can practice FH Nair I bet.

You could probably uair/bair bounce too but I wouldn't count on it.

Knee will work on fatties. Knee (shield) -> Ledge Tumble -> Knee

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
on fatties, you could probably do AutoCanceled dAir->uAir, depending on percents

Top Bottom