• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

1) Don't you guys have a video cache that is not dubbed combo videos? I can find a plethora of combo videos, but I cannot find any regular falcon matches.
2) Anyone else agree that Dair seems pretty safe on shield? I've been trying to use it more and it seems to work fairly well. The shield push with falcon's traction seems to make it pretty hard to punish.

I cannot sleep.
yo, what are some good mindgames that captain falcon can use.
Mixing up ground vs air approaches.
Running/Walking out of attack range.
Feints.
Pretty much universal stuff.
dThrow->dTaunt
Appeal for no reason. Invokes taunts.
Ledge canceled falcon kick
Believe it.
I won't believe it. Isn't the start of BF with the kick ledge canceled on the other platform?
Moar like trip dance
I've managed to cover SV back and forth in one complete circuit once before tripping. Never duplicated again though :/

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I won't believe it. Isn't the start of BF with the kick ledge canceled on the other platform?
If you memorize the placement from which the FK ledge cancels (without hitting the opponent) it's easy to mix into your game. And it's paid off, for me at least.

I've managed to cover SV back and forth in one complete circuit once before tripping. Never duplicated again though :/
As it's based on luck it's best to avoid as much as possible. The occasional dash dance mindgame is ok, but just don't unnecissarily foxtrot and ****

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i can vouch for the ledge canceled falcon kick

i ledge canceled it once into a second falcon kick

everyone **** their pants and i got a stage spike

kawaii uguu~

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How do you do the fanfus loop or however u spell it. I can get teh nair-->footstool but what do u do after that.

Yung Mei

fast fall into a fhnair, footstool, repeat

you can follow up into a knee (on ROB anyways)

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
That's not that bad! I bet dash dancing occasionally against certain characters could mess up their approach and trigger a punishable grab or aerial.

This is undoubtedly been thought of before... -.-", so maybe it's just not worth it? In my experience, including one or two of these "feints" ended in favorable results. Then of course, I don't have the hardest opponents. I'm trying to save up for a capture card so I can get my falcon critiqued!

But yeah, has anyone else added this to their game and did it help? If not, why not try? (unless you're facing MK, chaingrabber, or at high damage.)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Dash dancing is still legit, just not as legit especially with pivot grabbing I bait that **** out all the time. iirc you won't trip if you buffer a dash from a jump, just fyi to reduce that tripping bull**** that seems to plague falcon.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Dash dancing is still legit, just not as legit especially with pivot grabbing I bait that **** out all the time. iirc you won't trip if you buffer a dash from a jump, just fyi to reduce that tripping bull**** that seems to plague falcon.
Woah! That's pretty sweet. I'll have to try that out. Thanks!

Yung Mei

That's not that bad! I bet dash dancing occasionally against certain characters could mess up their approach and trigger a punishable grab or aerial.

This is undoubtedly been thought of before... -.-", so maybe it's just not worth it? In my experience, including one or two of these "feints" ended in favorable results. Then of course, I don't have the hardest opponents. I'm trying to save up for a capture card so I can get my falcon critiqued!

But yeah, has anyone else added this to their game and did it help? If not, why not try? (unless you're facing MK, chaingrabber, or at high damage.)
adding dash dancing? all the time

also, i can record for you if you want :V

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Really? Wow, that'd be great... but don't I need to film it, attach it my wii to my computer, get dazzle, or something else?

Yung Mei

nnah, just plug in your sd to your cpu, then send the rp file(s)

janne_837

Smash Cadet
I have some questions about some stuff in Lordhelmets' CF Tech/Trick Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiU1yevyaO0). Would be great if you could explain me each of them.

0:10-0:12 Sliding Jabs and this sexy sliding taunt.
1:05-1:08 How does he get into his shield that fast?
1:39-1:43 Omg Moonwalk? Whats that and how I can do this?
1:48-1:51 Looks like a reversed hyphen smash lol

Psychoace

Smash Champion
1. It's probably just timing the momentum on the return dash followed by the jab or taunt.
2. While your running keep holding forward while you shield.
You have to press the stick like halfway to the max, just enough so Falcon doesn't stop running. If you do it right you can almost run on place if you do it right after the standing dash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiU1yevyaO0#t=1m41).
4. It is.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
1.39-1.43 is actually the same as sliding jabs, you're just using the momentum of the pivot to dash in place, what I meant in the quote of psychoace is that if you hold the stck slightly forward you can start running veeeeeeery slowly after the dash. Like 1 step/second.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Well either way I think it will be very helpful on mix ups. I think I have a decent understanding on the process of it, but I still lack the execution of it for the most part.

Top Bottom