• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I actually overuse Nair, lol. You could have seen it in action if you'd played against me a few hours ago :( what happened?

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
I actually overuse Nair, lol. You could have seen it in action if you'd played against me a few hours ago :( what happened?
I think we got our timezones mixed up :(. I said 1:00, and I was there at 1. But I think we're less time apart than we thought because you showed up at 2 it seems.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
First hit nair is better when the opponent is grounded. If you want it to hit just use it when they're in the air. So like single hit nair > nair > up air. I don't use it to much, because it gets beat by a lot of things. I play against Ike a lot lol.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
well i was just messing with CF for about 3 hours in Training mode and i found out loads of stuff and then watched over 60 vids of Tourney,MM,friendly,and wifi with CF in it and i came up with a new way to play falcon on every stage and against every character and also i think i have a vid or boss's falcon beating a ranked MK.lol but its up to the whole CFC for me to make this video if you would like to see some thing that we have been missing then just post about a big problem that we have i think that this may change falcon forever and im not those guys that say check this out and its already been found out im bringing new ways to knee,new ways to kill,and new ways to show everyone your moves and i play falcon everyday in TM to find out wats new and his full capability and to be accurate boss is going to help make the vid he knows the higher tier against low tier better then i do so who would like to see the revolution.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
if you dont understand read it again this is a change point in Falcon now is the time to arise and show the moves if you have none im making this video for the ones who sit on the bench in prom just wait this is going to revolutionize falcons metagame so much.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
okay knee thats not called for

ace so im guessing you guys would like to see vids huh okay give me some time and the characters will be done like 2 or 3 at a time and stages too

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
okay knee thats not called for

ace so im guessing you guys would like to see vids huh okay give me some time and the characters will be done like 2 or 3 at a time and stages too
Yes it was.

Post vids so I don't have to repeat it.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, I just fought with my friend, who's very very good with Marth and DK. We were quite even, but my weakest area was my approach. I know this is a shortcoming Falcon has, but does anyone have any tips that might improve it?

Killua

Smash Cadet
NNID
kilucru
Well guys, I just fought with my friend, who's very very good with Marth and DK. We were quite even, but my weakest area was my approach. I know this is a shortcoming Falcon has, but does anyone have any tips that might improve it?
against DK
Try fh ana => grab release knee/uair
You can knee is upb, ban YI.
ana to ana work at 0%
grab a lot to do fthrow/dthrow because it's very easy to punish his reaction
Learn to use upb armor when DK spamm upb on the ledge

against Marth
Learn to tekk when he does fthrow x3=>ada. If you not tekk he can try to punish your second jump by sideB and stagespike you with upb. Or just avoid grab when you have 0%.
Utilt, uair his good. Try to do a lot of jab=>grab, jab=>shield.
Marth has the third jump glitch(like Falcon) so try to punish by jab=>dsmash or else.
If you can punish marth upb on the stage when he has <20% do a ada, he has third jump glitch and now you smash...

Sorry for my english, i play a lot against the two characters but i have a lot of problem with my english to explain.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback, a lot. I'll definitely work on it next time. I thought DK would be easy because he's so big, but not so. Hopefully these tips will help me out. Also I'll try and apply these tips to Marth. I'll report back!

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What's the general concept of CF vs luigi matchup? Any matchup numbers?

I feel it's strongly in luigi's favor because he can throw out any aerial and it will either result in CF getting hit or a double hit. Luigi's priority is just crazy

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
luigi aerials are ****in retardedly weird

i dont know the match up at all LOL

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Lol@aerial priority.

Luigi is very hard because of his fireballs, his cyclone and stupidly fast moves with stupidly low lag but he lacks horizontal range (save for his Bair) so he's weak to our Bair/Uair/Ftilt/Utilt, has the highest traction in the game so bad OOS punitions and his ballz are easily PSable.

So stay at max Uair/Ftilt range, don't approach his back, don't think of punishing the lag of his Fair/Dair/Uair cause there isn't any and you should not get utterly destroyed.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Can someone give me some information on ike.
It's basically a hit and run game and trying to get quick hits on the grabs you can manage to land. Don't try to out jab him you'll lose, stay away from the ledge aether is dumb but you can shield grab it at the apex of it. Try to stay under him, I have a friend I play all the time and whenever I'm on a platform he always seems to knock me off when I shield his up tilt which creates another setup for him. Back throw to dash attack is ****ing dumb. ac dair and ftilt seems to work well for me in the matchup as mixups thrown in with jabs. Ike doesn't like brinstar lol. I think we have a fh nair > upb on him but I don't remember the percent. up tilt is a decent edge guarding attack I've found. Approaching with back air is suggested.

Captain Cruz

Smash Cadet
It's basically a hit and run game and trying to get quick hits on the grabs you can manage to land. Don't try to out jab him you'll lose, stay away from the ledge aether is dumb but you can shield grab it at the apex of it. Try to stay under him, I have a friend I play all the time and whenever I'm on a platform he always seems to knock me off when I shield his up tilt which creates another setup for him. Back throw to dash attack is ****ing dumb. ac dair and ftilt seems to work well for me in the matchup as mixups thrown in with jabs. Ike doesn't like brinstar lol. I think we have a fh nair > upb on him but I don't remember the percent. up tilt is a decent edge guarding attack I've found. Approaching with back air is suggested.
thx, and i already tryed to outjab him but that just didn't work and his b-air seems to own our b-air too

Top Bottom