• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Match-Up General Discussion ~ Week 21 (?)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
?

Darky is saying there's some risk but it's worth the reward. And yes, bair is safe, not 100% safe but you have to hit ICs eventually and bair is the safest move.

Edit: P3, he's saying the 1-2 as in the hitboxes
Their both unsafe on power shield.

Bair is only safe when spaced perfectly. And if you miss, hit nana or hit teh power shield, the RB isnt safe.

And I doubt bair beeing safe even when spaced perfectly, but I'll give ya that.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bair isn't safe, but its lingering hitbox can shieldstab if IC's shield is not fresh (or it can hit Nana since she sucks at shielding).

And in this matchup, no move with a risk of getting shieldgrabbed is worth the reward.

Zeallyx

This is Brawl, nothing is safe on power shield.
Doesnt change the fact that Bair and RB both aren't safe. (Not only because of power shielding.)

You guys are pulling stuff out of your ***.

Again, mooooving on.

Zeallyx

This is Brawl, nothing is safe on power shield.
Doesnt change the fact that Bair and RB both aren't safe. (Not only because of power shielding.)

Again, mooooving on.

Bair isn't safe, but its lingering hitbox can shieldstab if IC's shield is not fresh (or it can hit Nana since she sucks at shielding).

And in this matchup, no move with a risk of getting shieldgrabbed is worth the reward.
Then dont go falcon this matchup, lolz.

lordhelmet

Smash Master

Again, mooooving on.
?

You're not making any sense at all. Nothing is safe on powershield whatsoever. So, because ICs can punish bair and RB on powershield that makes those moves completely unsafe and other moves like ftilt and utilt are 100% safe amirite?

And yes, bair IMO is Falcon's safest move in this match-up. And 2Knee you can't say **** about that because you don't even play Brawl anymore, besides aren't you banned from this discussion?

Yes, bair is safe, it can't be shieldgrabbed if spaced right. Falcon has no 100% safe move against ICs. That's why you have to abuse a few moves that are very hard to punish when spaced right. Moves like bair, utilt, and in some cases AC'd dair.

Zeallyx

?

You're not making any sense at all. Nothing is safe on powershield whatsoever. So, because ICs can punish bair and RB on powershield that makes those moves completely unsafe and other moves like ftilt and utilt are 100% safe amirite?

And yes, bair IMO is Falcon's safest move in this match-up. And 2Knee you can't say **** about that because you don't even play Brawl anymore, besides aren't you banned from this discussion?

Yes, bair is safe, it can't be shieldgrabbed if spaced right. Falcon has no 100% safe move against ICs. That's why you have to abuse a few moves that are very hard to punish when spaced right. Moves like bair, utilt, and in some cases AC'd dair.
I play it plenty. And even if I didnt, knowledge doesnt wear out or summin'

And the point was ICs beeing able to punish RB and Bair in other ways then power shielding. lrn2read.

And matchup discussions arent about ya opinion. tehy bout facts.

And I'm as banned from this discussion as much as falcon is a girl. :bee::bee:

Edit: and lordy, hard to punish=/=unpunishable. so dun spit them statements liek saliva

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You're all ****ing ******** and I own you all.

Willz combo bambambam.

outta here

ps love u 2 p3 my littlun

Zeallyx

Ice climber haxx all over the world
i could be chasing but my time would be wasted
they got nothin' on you falcon
nothing on you falcon
they might say hi and i might say hey
but you shouldn't worry about what they say
cause they got nothin' on you falcon
nothin' on you falcon

Teh Future

Smash Master
ICs vs falcon: loloollolololoololooooooooooooooooooooooooolooloo:lolooooooooooololololololoooooololololo

imo of course

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
All this work on the falconboards, everything, why are you doing it ? i want the cf mainers opinions in this ,then i can move on in peace..HYES!

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'd go Nazi Mode again but I don't really care anymore.

We had some decent discussion, I don't got much left to say. Like I said earlier I'll try to get some games recorded against an IC this weekend.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Good job turning this into a trollfest in less than 12h.
ha ha thats all he's good for :bee:
Shut the **** up.

I'd go Nazi Mode again but I don't really care anymore.

We had some decent discussion, I don't got much left to say. Like I said earlier I'll try to get some games recorded against an IC this weekend.
lol nazi mode

Well there's not much to talk about when we all know the outcome will be ****. ICs consist of grabs and a few attacks, not much of a discussion.

So you going to keep it at ICs for a while or move on?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'll keep it up for a while, I'll try to keep everything weekly.

And since the Link boards are discussing us we can discuss him too. And ****, work is piling up fast :'(

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
This is the Falcon boards, there is no work, just sexy parties with Willz and 2Knee :laugh:

The Link boards (despite their poor MU inputs) want the MU to be 50-50, that cool with you guys?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This is the Falcon boards, there is no work, just sexy parties with Willz and 2Knee :laugh:

The Link boards (despite their poor MU inputs) want the MU to be 50-50, that cool with you guys?
I'm cool with it. That's basically what it averages out to considering everyone :p

Any objections? Any thoughts on the ICs ratio?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Swordguard is right.
"Captain Falcon - 98% [31Times]"
Down thrown that is. Rest assured, no stage will be that long, just stating the maximum that he can be SoPo cg'd. Of course it has to be reasonably stale, but starting at 0%, not so much.
Another thing to note is that if we buffer the d-throw, the possibility of you being able to mash out even at 0% is very low, if not nonexistent. Just saying.
Also, pretty sure your bair isn't that safe. Yes, it can be grabbed upon PS, but more importantly, it can be pivot grabbed. Nana will probably be hit in the process but if you're at low percentages, prepare to be solo cg'd.
Uh, not much I can think of that Falcon has over IC besides some IC mains not knowing the MU. Probably better to have a secondary ready for this match.

Top Bottom