• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-Stick and you.

Mith_

Smash Champion
For King DeDeDe I'm wondering what you use the C-Stick for.

His forward and up smashes are way too slow to use with the C-Stick, so its just better to charge them and release them when you want.

I'm pondering whether or not I should change my D3 C-Stick from Smashes to either Tilts or Specials.

Tilts would be really good, because D3's tilts are very strong and quick and that UTilt is a killer. I can also do my aerials with the C-Stick if its set to tilts just like smashes.

For specials I'm not so sure, it would make Waddle Dee toss a lot easier, but thats about it.

What do you use your D3 C-stick for and any thoughts if I should switch?

EazyP

Smash Ace
Smashes on C-stick let you do a smash attack as fast as possible uncharged so you can get out a fsmash or dsmash as quick as possible if you think you can punish something

Really it's all preference

laird

Smash Apprentice
i would change my c-stick to tilts for ddd i think, if it wasnt for a couple of things:

1. It would seriously mess up my play with my secondaries, like GW who is very c-stick-smash heavy.

2. It would **** up my perfectly timed wario, dash release grab -> usmash combo (guaranteed, I feel like the utilt one can be DI'd out of, or at least my friend could with his wario)

3. I sometimes use the cstick to dsmash on things like slow rollers and vs. the machnado

WOOP WOOP, worth a try though, maybe. Then I would only use c-stick, because i c-stick most of my aerials with the king ;P

M@v

Subarashii!
utilt makes it not ecessary to have usmash :p. Fsmash is like snakes rpg or ikes fsmash. its one of those "HOLY CRAP STAY AWAY FROM IT!" moves. Dsmash is the only one I really use often, since it has soso speed, and hits all around you.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
its better on smashes. you should've learned to tilt from melee.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Personally, it helps my air game as I can move around more freely and still Fair and Bair without accidentally turning around.

courte

Smash Lord
bwahaha haven't been here in a while... brawl made me numb to world and complete happiness [greed]

but nope even with all of the new crazy jazz... i only c-stick in SOUL CALIBUR 2... just too many button combinations.
if everything worked well in melee, its good enough for me in brawl

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I left the c-stick on smash with Dedede because I'm used to it. I don't actually c-smash that often, but, as mentioned before, it is very useful for Dsmash and also Hyphen Smashing (for when utilt has been used too much). It's also inconvenient to have multiple tags for multiple characters.

laird

Smash Apprentice
I left the c-stick on smash with Dedede because I'm used to it. I don't actually c-smash that often, but, as mentioned before, it is very useful for Dsmash and also Hyphen Smashing (for when utilt has been used too much). It's also inconvenient to have multiple tags for multiple characters.

this

10sticks

M@v

Subarashii!
Utilt is fine for killing...its as strong as snake's utilt. Only reason its worse is it has a smaller hitbox.

Mith_

Smash Champion
kek

anyways, i set the c stick to attack, and it was ********. i tried to do utilt and it would sometimes jump and while in the air when i tried to do fair it would just do nair, and instead of ftilt it would jab.

so back to smash stick for me :p

Mith_

Smash Champion
i use utilt when i know my opponent is going to run into it.

when they are recovering horizontally they run right into it.

its hilarious. phantasm into a headbutt = lolololol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
This is gona sound weird, but hold out for a minute, and have an open mind.
Doubt its been discussed before, but I change my C-stick to Grab in certain matchups, mainly the ones where i can infinite someone.

When grabbing with the C-stick, the shield NEVER accidentally comes out, allowing you to actually learn and practice the single tap timing for the infinites and it makes it ALOT easier. I can get to 250+ easy every time using this method.

If it isn't already named, im naming it now.

Z-sticking.

Although, if it hasn't been thought of at all, im naming it Brick-Sticking....

MINE lol

Mith_

Smash Champion
Hmm that sounds interesting, I may try that. If I flick my stick backwards will it turn around and grab?

Hamma

Smash Rookie
personally i never c-stick. i like being able to hold my smashs till it feels right.

Top Bottom