• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
okies, ive been talking to helios and he would like a list of UK ppl going to ros4, now theres a thread up for this but i imagine some ppl are to docile to know where to look ^^, so if your booked let him know by saying so in this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102176&page=4&highlight=ros4

and if your going but havent booked post anyways, if your thinking of going but not sure...dont ****ing post

Hao

Smash Journeyman
He's playing about with you Hao, it isn't possible xD
I thought he was just joking about with the chakra step under FinalD. I feel dumb:confused:

Quick question, I have no idea where else to put it but....... With Falco, is there much use for the "L" out of the SHFFL because he recovers pretty quick anyway.

J03

Smash Master
hao...
hao hao hao

l is for l-cancel or lag cancel...have you ever been in lag...its horrid

get used to l-canceling everything, it allowd you to pillar. which is shine-jump-dair-lcancel-shine repeat :p

and i quote " l-canceling is the single most useful advance technique"

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
L-Cancelling is essential in high level gameplay, it will halve the lag of any aerial, allowing you to recover and make your next move faster. I'll also note that Falco's Left, Right and Up+B's can't be L-Cancelled.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Thats enough destruction to be called beyond madness and perhaps even Sparta itself. It is eternally secured, don't let that be a concern for you mr.543. Don't worry about it though, size isn't everything right? >_^

Hao

Smash Journeyman
There's a point, thanks for reminding me craiigg, Hao: Do you use the cancel-cancel in your game?
No, but it looks like I have a lot to learn from everybody anyway. I use simple shine combo's into SHFFL's.

Btw after you shine somebody how can you tell which direction there going to go in? I never wavedash out in the correct way.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info people.

Is there anybody anywhere NEAR the west midlands? Or at least whats the quickest way to finding them. Oh wait, i'll go download that GSC in a second.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Hao: Nobody too near the West Midlands that I can think of. Hit me up on msn: clgrules@hotmail.com I'll have a look around and see if anyone's close to you.

As for the shine thing, at about mid percents it depends on which way the opponent DI's, look for a pattern in their DI to try and predict where they'll go.

Smashie: My Falcon won, 3-0.

Also Hao: In reference to the GSC it's VERY incomplete as far as the UK scene goes. I have it myself and there's a FRACTION of the UK smashers on there.

I'd like to take this oppourtinyt to ask everyone to do some research on the GSC (Global Smasher Compendium) both on the boards and on the smashwiki, get yourselves added =D

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
I MAIN ICE CLIMBERS AND I AM PROUD.

Sorry just had to say that

AND I DONT WOBBLE ANYMORE

That too.

Get used to travelling far, like extreme distances maybe 1-2-3 hour journeys for it. Like in london theres the ANIME EXPO coming up and im going to get my IcClimber *** kicked.

PWNED

Kone

Smash Master
I know whos around him lol. Hao : you've got oliver and co. in nottingham. They maybe up for playing. I missed you online the other day, ill give you there emails.

Other than that you've got scott in rugby, though depending on your age and stuff like that he may or may not be up for playing.

Then further afield you've got jam and craig in reading.

Shall give you there emails, but with all of them i wouldnt get your hopes up!

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I know whos around him lol. Hao : you've got oliver and co. in nottingham. They maybe up for playing. I missed you online the other day, ill give you there emails.

Other than that you've got scott in rugby, though depending on your age and stuff like that he may or may not be up for playing.

Then further afield you've got jam and craig in reading.

Shall give you there emails, but with all of them i wouldnt get your hopes up!
There all about 1 hours more train ride. Which is gay.

Yeah, pass me their emails please.

craiigg

Smash Lord
lol ed tell me you watched the link xD
plus you dont even have my email? GIMME MSN NOW KONEBOY
jam's pretty much died round here i have no idea where he's got to? JAM GET ON HERE
and just to follow the fashion ill end this LINE WITH CAPTIALS TOO

JOENOTJEFF

Smash Rookie
Hao, me and oliver live in notts and rob lives in chesterfield. We would be up smash any time. Not really birmingham, but it's closer than jordieland or london :)

COEY

Smash Lord
Okay im really drunk but im gonna ask opinions on this. Ok the next AR needs a number...should it be number 2, should it be AR 360 like i think, or what about BB's idea of AR 64? Also due to the fact that it is the last tourney of the 2006/07 season im thinking of handing out a trophy to the eventual winner (overall in British rankings, not tourney winner) making attending tourney a higher priority than it already is :)

Come one come all to AR w/e this August :p

Kone

Smash Master
Im not sure whether AR2 will be the end of the season. Basically for a few reasons =

1. The season idea doesnt work passed this season ie as brawl will be coming out at some point. Therefore denting any idea of a second season.

2. The Dougs presence for 2/3 of the season has warped slightly the results

3. We shud've pre-determined how long or how many tournaments a season would've had.

I was htinking of making the rankings into some sort of ladder league format. It would be better if we keep incurring points for every tournament until brawl is given a release date. That way we can have an official last melee tournament and an overall UK Rankings melee champ of some sort. What we need is a system where points depreciate over time based on current performances. ie if somebody did well at AR -> edster then has poor performances over tnj2 , ar2 and edoween then there points should go down and their place in the rankings.

Ill have more of a think bout it, or if somebody is good at maths hit me pu on msn ot work it out iwht me ^_^

ed x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom