• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
1. Welcome to the community Benster. Its always great to see fresh faces especially ones that have a competitive edge. Hopefully we'll see you sticking it out an dmaking a name for yourself.

2. BB- You can hardly talk regarding being adept at this game. Don't talk like a vet till you are one.

3. Danny man - Don't get on nubs backs. I know you thought you were the bees knees not long ago. Everyone starts somewhere and in my opinion new players that rash talk like this are great for the cummuinty. Means there going to bring some energy. Don't make them feel like were all ****s and unwelcome at tournaments. Just prove it thru actions at tournaments.

4. BB again- you need to be doing alot more poasting on your tournament thread. Oct isnt too far away, its time to step up interest.

5. Battalion will be making AR in Oct, thats a good 13 people ; )

6. Im looking forward to crushing the mafia haha

7. There used to always be alot more scottish smashers than english. Its only been over the last year this has changed.

8. Gay mums club - want a crew battle v battalion at AR aswell?!

x

monty06

Smash Ace
i agree with bb its only my second tourney 2 and u wont know how u do 2 the day and u might do beta then u think

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Inferno_Blaze: We have people of all skill levels turning up to this. And it's not so much about winning or losing as having a good time. Tournaments are a sweet experience, wether you place first or lose every match. Just enjoy it ^_^

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yar, i'll see if we can record some footage from it, I'd love to play in a crew battle if anyone'd take me, what's the date again?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Do you have a video camera for recording? I have a capture card here but I need to work on the software a little. Helios says he'll bring a capture card and laptop if he turns up.

You can find most info about the tournament at the tourney thread which is here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1675709#post1675709

Anything else ya need to know, just ask. It's on the 28th/29th.

As for the crew thing, see if someone'll take you in theirs, if not, make your own =D

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I have a cam recorder but not anythign to transfer to PC which is the main prob, i'll be going ou ttomorrow to buy something that does that.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah there are only three crews in the UK as you guys say ; Battalion (sdb has now grown incorporating my newcastle lads who r now at tournament level ps watch out for Big Man best marth in UK !) Mafia and GMC.

Other than that there isnt any other crews. there really arent that many uk players and to really be recognised as a crew u got to play with each other regularly ie so really only our 3 crews wud work.

i say we have a 3 way round robin crew tourney on the sat night : )

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Yeah, I imagine there are other individual players/pockets of that would compete easily, but the only real major pockets of players are the aforementioned three.

Furthermore - I wanna see this Big Man's marth take my brothers Marth. Ditto perhaps? I'll mention the idea to him :p

Andyeah. The round robin thing sounds awesome ^^ A chance for us to actualy make a name for ourselves.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
SDB are the coolest cats!
Ed Ed Ed has a little cat!
That cat's name is missy, she's a cat!
Jam smokes an falls over T_T

DevMBC

Smash Ace
SDB are based in a number of places:

Newcastle [SDB's barracks]
Somerset
Reading
Rugby
Glasgow
London [Egham an somewhere else]

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Great, I live in Plymouth which is not very far from Yeovil. (Although it is a 1-2 hour drive between the two towns) I could come sometime later this year and show SDB my skill but I need to take a bus since I'm not old enough to drive yet. I hope there's no smoking and alcohol there since I hate drugs:urg:.

Kone

Smash Master
Aye ;

theres the northern part of the crew situated in newcastle ( 7 ppl) then the rest spread about.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
You could come and show the S-D-B your skill?
The only S-D-B members close to you are:
Jam5,
DSD9,
and Jazzy Geoff,
The rest of the Battalion(AS it is now known)are a lot further north than 2 hours im afraid dude....
Well there will be smoking i can assume because
a) its a free country and
b) people would just go outside to be courteous.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
3 other players are okay since Meele is a 4 player game.
Hey what about you Twiggy_Ramirez? You PM'ed me about the group in Yeovil so don't you live somewhere in the south-west?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I know where Yeovil is thank you very much since I ALSO LIVE IN THE SOUTH-WEST!!!!:mad:.
Sorry for getting angry.

Anyway I checked out the link that you mentioned BloodBowler. I don't think my parents will let me go THAT far on my own all the way to Lancaster (although I did earn £50 for getting good exam results). Besides last year's Halloween was a school day for me:(.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Thats "Lancaster ".
Anyway I don't think I'll be coming to the Lancaster tourney since its so far away but if I'm in Yeovil for the day I might visit to the shop where the GMC guys hang out.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
3 other players are okay since Meele is a 4 player game.
Hey what about you Twiggy_Ramirez? You PM'ed me about the group in Yeovil so don't you live somewhere in the south-west?
As yeovil is southwest i would have to say yes!
and you are more than welcome to visit... Da man....

all of the GMC are in yeovil and play on a day to day basis...
and we would happily give you a ride to lancaster if you change your mind...

just give us a few days notice and well meet you at the bus station...

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
theres no requirement to even meet there, you can see pizza hut from the bus station, just head toward that and you'll see us (the store is called witchengine, just in case you didnt know.)

jake and caleb are there from opening til closing time every day.

and as for the rest of us, we're there as close to that as possible. (usually)

but do come down.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom