• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Scott is a spanner =] <3

Mm I've not got net access or a tv in my uni room so I won't be brawling online at all or offline much it seems to begin with =[ I may work my magic an find a way - Woe is Jamuel ;_;

Where did the GMC come from? =O I like the butterflys in their sigs - SDB need a symbol/crest but with less rainbows an more provocative fists an that =]

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I don't see why people are saying "Oh but I'll still play Melee". If Brawl is what it should be, then there will be no point to playing Melee, as it's supposedly (I say supposedly, it could be ****e, but Idoubt it) a direct upgrade, with the same physics engine, and a few minor tweaks. If the game does what it says on the tin, then to hell with Melee, this thing goes online!

Furthermore - the GMC came from some backwater ****ehole named Yeovil (Though the dodgy signature material came from Joey). Ed dragged you down to a shambles of a tournament months and months ago, up in Taunton, that went wrong on like 20 different accounts. Myself and my brother were the ones running it, and GMC = Our crew. Entirley people from our shop - as we have a GC upstairs with a projector attached, and during the day, people tend to live there and do little other than play smash o.o

You know what, it just occured to me that Reading is actualy closer to here than London. You should come down at some point! if you arent ****ed for uni stuff. It's probably only a couple hours on a bus. Hell, I can get to London on £16. Same thing goes for anybody in the south. I want to hold a bloody smashfest, the last attempt I made crashed due to lack of housing, but if anybody ever fancys coming to yeovil, playing for an evening, and then possibly camping/hiding in an abandoned warehouse, feel free to PM me.

Furthermore - I think I may just have to grab the reigns with London and run something myself. If we wait for Gary & Charles to get off their... somewhat special *****, then we'll all be dead before anything particularly noteworthy happens. I havent a bloody clue where to start though, and everybody is about to go back to Uni >_< So that seems a little futile. Anyway. I actualy need sleep, as I have work tomorrow. *dies*

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
HAH. Sorry but Brawl is not an upgrade, it will have a new engine and not just tweaks. If you want that in your games play EA games, they release a new game every year for their sports titles with few changes. There will still be reason to play melee asit will be different as mele is to SB64. A few tweaks is not what Brawl "should be". Sorry but I hate it when people expect/want the same thing out of a new game, that's what expansions are for.

Also if you can run something in London I'll be there for sure.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Inferno_blaze - Being die hard fans of melee = being dead scared that in trying to change it too much they'll mess it up an we'll have a shallow, crappy, broken smash. Tweaking = near as surefire that all will be well ^_^ Good change is super good but I'd be just as happy with melee as it is + new content, but nothing that fundamentally changes the gameplay.... yaw mean? :3

Hearing that it wouldn't use the wiimote was the best news ever <3

Dear SDB =] I'm thinking of trying to make the dutch tourny on 2nd, 3rd of December - not sure if I can but be good to talk to you guys an try an get you interested =] We never had the RoS3 invasion - maybe we could have a go at doing it again? ^_^;

My sig's better than Scott's... what's a squifter?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Inferno_blaze - Being die hard fans of melee = being dead scared that in trying to change it too much they'll mess it up an we'll have a shallow, crappy, broken smash. Tweaking = near as surefire that all will be well ^_^ Good change is super good but I'd be just as happy with melee as it is + new content, but nothing that fundamentally changes the gameplay.... yaw mean? :3
That's not being a die hard fan of smash bros however, if you're that you'd want the change, if they were sikmply doing what you've said it could have been produced a year after melee, or be for release on Wii, it's just like patching a game and then releasing it again as a sequel.

Hearing that it wouldn't use the wiimote was the best news ever <3
Very true. that would just remove the skil lfrom it.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
no no that's a fearless fan of smash bros >_> Fighters are delicate an one broken move kills everything =/ Sakurai's competent enough to have made SSB an SSBM but he has to appeal to the casual market aswell as the hardcore competetive players.. a lot more so to the casual players as they're the ridiculous majority. With something like Street Fighter, though it's accessible to a degree it sells more on its depth and tweaks to the engine - variety is found in the difference between the alpha series an third strike for example ^_^ Umm, what I'm trying to say is that smash would be very easy to **** up an Jamuel doesn't want that lol =]

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
inferno_blaze: brawl IS running off the same physics engine.

so in theory it will be a direct upgrade.

however, there is still room outside of the physics engine to **** the game up, but thats highly unlikely.

Jam: will you be appearing in the adorable ****hole of yeovil at some stage?

grayfox

Smash Champion
WTFS A SQUIFTER O_O

Jams right on this. It's not silly to fear too much change in the game. You don't need to try your best to do something different for it not to be a yearly upgrade like EA games. Look at the original Mario games. Fundimentally the same game but oh so different too = O

monty06

Smash Ace
i dont really care if its the same physics engine or not as long as the game is gd and they dont **** it up.

also jam i agree wiv jay wen u goin to *** down to the ****hole we call yeovil at some stage and play smash

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Going away this Tuesday 4th -> 12th but between that an the 25th I'll probably have some time. xxx

Kone

Smash Master
Jammy poos you know ed bois up for this ****, what tournament is it? i can tell you stevie and rich will come. there wont be stu, we aint friends nemore :/. But yeah ill come cos i got loan coming thru before then.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Just so you know It's not the same physics engine otherwise things would react in the exact same way, bits of clothing are now affected by falling and such and billow as they fall throug hthe air, however even if it is the same physics engine it really doesn't matter as all the physics engine does is explain how things will react to what happens to them it all depends on what the developers code in for the power of things and the moves and such, it won't be quite the same enging as they wil adjust the weight and friction characters create, where is the proof that it wil lbe the same?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
the fact that it was announced, perhaps?
It wasn't, as far as I know all they said was that they had access to the engine not that they were using it, still it doesn't really matter, it's not like that mean it'll be the the same, seeing as they'll likely change a lot of the stats for things.

Benster34

Smash Rookie
SCOTTISH THUGS ARE IN

NICE its a weekend now my crew is gnna be even more UP FOR IT
BTW for all u noobs when we are down there be sure to challenge us cus we wna beat everyone!!!! :D

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Good attitude Benster :3 I'm not a money match fan but I'm happy to play for fun an all that ^_^

monty06

Smash Ace
i doubt i will mm but i might do. i would also like to see the the results of SCT4

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I want to find out if anyone on here is as bad as me :p so that I can play them, I'll be happy to play people better than me for fun if they give me tips :)

DevMBC

Smash Ace
SCT4

1- Helios
1- Comp (Helios and Comp agreed on tying 1st and shared winnings)
3- Doug
4- JAM5
5- GEEK
5- Mr Silver
7- Yuna
7- Euan
9- Charles
9- Zeppa
9- Ry@n/Graysocks
9- Qwester
13- Allan AC Anon
13- Kone
13- SoS Scott
13- Stu

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Thank you Jam you have saved me one hell of a lot of f**king about looking for them.

Inferno Blaze: From that list the following people have said they'll turn up:

Helios, Doug, JAM5, GEEK, Euan, Zeppa, Ry@n/Graysocks, Allan AC Anon, Kone, SoS Scott, Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom