• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Hey people, due to the cancellation of the upcoming London tournament for 22/4/06, we are going try to rehost it on a future date. This is VERY important!!! I want to know an appropriate weekend for everyone so that there are no problems during the time of it taking place.

I was going to create a new thread in the forums seperate from this, but I thought there was no point in doing so. Right, choose your weekend (it would be good if you stick the date on the first line of your reply ).

Friday 5th May - Sunday 8th May
Friday 12th May - Sunday 14th May
Friday 19th May - Sunday 21st May
Friday 26th May - Sunday 28th May

I think May would be an appropriate time to host the tournament. Once we deal with the date I'll be dealing with a venue (in London) ASAP.

^_^ thanks people

Bronze

Smash Journeyman

That would be my personal choice. Though I can probably do any of them so it is not vital. I chose that weekend because the first one was a little close if you need to book like, 2 weeks in advance anyway. But it's still alittle way from my exams which start early-mid June.

ant-d

Smash Lord
imoneofthem said:
I was going to create a new thread in the forums seperate from this, but I thought there was no point in doing so. Right, choose your weekend (it would be good if you stick the date on the first line of your reply ).

Friday 5th May - Sunday 8th May
Friday 19th May - Sunday 21st May
Friday 26th May - Sunday 28th May

I think May would be an appropriate time to host the tournament. Once we deal with the date I'll be dealing with a venue (in London) ASAP.

^_^ thanks people
I believe there are GCSE and other exams on those dates.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah, im afraid any sort of london tournament may not occure for sometime. Mainly due to the up and coming exam period : /

Im also planning to host a follow up to my tournament in july once the exam period finishes, so it looks like it maybe a while before anything could be done.

However, im going to make a new london thread to collate players in one area and get you guys playing at regular smshfests!

ant-d

Smash Lord
Kone said:
Yeah, im afraid any sort of london tournament may not occure for sometime. Mainly due to the up and coming exam period : /

Im also planning to host a follow up to my tournament in july once the exam period finishes, so it looks like it maybe a while before anything could be done.

However, im going to make a new london thread to collate players in one area and get you guys playing at regular smshfests!
Nice one . .

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Nice. Because really I'll improve more with regular smashfests with decent players rather than a one off tournament every 4 months.

Hey, time goes by quickly, it won't be long before it's July and no exams.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
****nnn.....well let's just add one month and make the London tournament some time in June before Ed's tournament

Forget what I posted before ^_^"

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
unfortunately my exams last until the 23rd of june. but ill probably be ok just as long as the tournament is close enough for me to travel back home

edit: also whats this about a smashfest in ant-d's house? i keep hearing about it from diff people.

Kone

Smash Master
Thought id start a London smash finder, please post your details to be added or your location if im missing it.

Smashboads Name / Nickname MSN Location

AntD antd_@hotmail.com
imoneofthem imoneofthem@hotmail.co.uk
spkz sp00ky50k@hotmail.com Surrey
BrTarolg brtarolg@hotmail.com Kingston
Bronze kintoff@hotmail.com
WD wdukenukem@hotmail.com
Multiplaya emmanuelnelson_1986@hotmail.com
Never asked this kid's name bilalus-maximus@hotmail.co.uk
Jose Miguel nylkran@hotmail.com
Kman kevyugi@hotmail.com
Smashking long_sui@hotmail.com
Shadowlaw japanesedragon2002@hotmail.com
Tone tbone_like_steak@hotmail.com
JazzyGeoff open_or_closed@hotmail.com
Jam5 soyouseekyoda2@hotmail.com

: )

spKz

Smash Ace
Kone said:
Thought id start a London smash finder, please post your details to be added or your location if im missing it.

Smashboads Name / Nickname MSN Location

AntD antd_@hotmail.com
imoneofthem imoneofthem@hotmail.co.uk
spkz sp00ky50k@hotmail.com Surrey
BrTarolg brtarolg@hotmail.com Kingston
Bronze kintoff@hotmail.com
WD wdukenukem@hotmail.com
Multiplaya emmanuelnelson_1986@hotmail.com
Never asked this kid's name bilalus-maximus@hotmail.co.uk
Jose Miguel nylkran@hotmail.com
Kman kevyugi@hotmail.com
Smashking long_sui@hotmail.com
Shadowlaw japanesedragon2002@hotmail.com
Tone tbone_like_steak@hotmail.com
JazzyGeoff open_or_closed@hotmail.com
Jam5 soyouseekyoda2@hotmail.com

: )
Nice one mate ^__^

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Hey guys... I'm going to be attending Oxford University starting in the fall (I live in the united states).

So does that count for anything? :grin:

Kone

Smash Master
Okay information regarding tournaments :

1. ROS3, GOTHENBURG,SWEDEN JULY 4TH-7TH. Large European tournament. Those that get put off by the fact it is in sweden . . don't be. It currently costs only £30 return from London Stansted -> Gothenburg with Ryanair.

If your interested please follow -> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70696

2. Possible as in not completely spoken to scot about it tournament in Rugby *SOMETIME* ->

As name implies I need to talk to scott about this. However, if it is doable then housing will be provided. Rugby is only 1.5 hours north of London and will be alot more conveniant / cheaper for those from the South than my tournament was.

I need people to let me know when their exams FINISH in JUNE ! obviously only tell me if your interested in coming x_X

Grease

Smash Rookie
Ello ello,

i've pretty much just started smash, i'm at uni in london and in holidays i live in Kent. Just thought i'd say hello. At the moment i'm pretty awful but i'd say i am getting better. This community seems really frienly and i hope i can slide along to some tournaments and such in the summer (if i ever get good)

Cheers.

Grease

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
hehe im here in SW london. you guys are free to come to my house anytime and play - just tell me ion MSN in advance.

Grease

Smash Rookie
alright again,

can someone add my MSN up there

totallygypsy@hotmail.com (i'm in Lewisham most of the time)

I really am truly HORRIBLE at the game at the mo, but im keen to get better so any help and such would be really appreciated. Also that london tourney sounds rude, i'll try an make it along that.

Ta
Grease

Kid Ness

Smash Rookie
Manchester, Ness player

Hey, A very friendly guy pointed me in this direction. Im an(i would say) intermediate player from Manchester and its the first time ive been on the boards, i had no idea there was a community in the UK so its pretty sweet. Like i said im not fantastic but i love the game and have just recently got into it again after a looong time. I play with a few of my housemates but they cant handle as much play time so i get abit bored, and thus i probly dont have the experience to be any good. That whole intro wasnt supposed to make me sound as down on myself as it did...

anyway, hello. :)

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
I just found out about this thread from Kid Ness' intro thread.

I'm not great, but I can do the advanced stuff with the exception of Shffling, which I know how to do, I just haven't got it worked out in my fingers yet. I also have no human smash contact at all, so my mindgames don't exist either. I'm from Sheffield, a good 100+ miles north of London, but I could probably still make a tournament down there with enough notice, but not until I work out shffling (my main is Peach, so I don't really need it, but some of the other characters I like to use need it).

Kone

Smash Master
yeah the point of this thread is for people to post their details ;)

anyway update for all :

looking to be a tournament round mid august in rugby. housing provided.

with the new interest gathering a north east v norh west smashfest be awesome ^^

me : ceddon@hotmail.com

also for the new northerners : london will be the first ever southern tournament. luck has it that i host quite alot of smash stuff up here in newcastle , closer for u guys than london.

i may look into holding large northern get together in june, anyone intersted?

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Kwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!
Also i go down shefiield sometimes to se my dad so Eek a mouse may be able to play me sometime. Whereabouts do you live man? my dad lives in crookes.
Also if there is another tourny in newcastle i'm very likely to go, my dads found out everythings kosher with the smash scene so i should be cool to go by myself.
AND ANOTHER THING; captain smashie lives in manchester @ that ness player but i dunno if if he'll be up to playing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom