• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Hey shadowlaw, when we set up the London tournanement me and my bro will give you a 2 on 2 battle LOL. Battle of the brothers :D

ant-d

Smash Lord
ShadowLaw9000: Maybe you don't sign into MSN often so I will post here instead. Do you want to play on Saturday? I should be free.

shadowlaw9000

Smash Rookie
ant-d said:
ShadowLaw9000: Maybe you don't sign into MSN often so I will post here instead. Do you want to play on Saturday? I should be free.
Well I just read your post today sorry bout that. Well I added you to my msn I wouldn't mind coming tomorrow is there a number I can call you on so I can know where ? I would let you come to mine but its not in a good state at the moment lol :ohwell: Let me know asap ok thanks.

imoneofthem said:
Hey shadowlaw, when we set up the London tournanement me and my bro will give you a 2 on 2 battle LOL. Battle of the brothers :D
Ok then I dont mind at all that will be fun I guess, I aint really use to playing serious players (as Im new to the scene) but I will try to buss u p up lol. Catch u later Kimmel.

Shadowlaw

ant-d

Smash Lord
shadowlaw9000 said:
Well I just read your post today sorry bout that. Well I added you to my msn I wouldn't mind coming tomorrow is there a number I can call you on so I can know where ? I would let you come to mine but its not in a good state at the moment lol :ohwell: Let me know asap ok thanks.
Shadowlaw
Hmm... I don't have my gamecube at the moment so coming to mine isn't a good idea :(

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
omg lol since when have people been calling me kimmel x_x LOL.

Ah I guess 'imoneofthem' is too long as a nickname....and my friend said that "kimmelman" has a cool sound to it....otherwise "kimmel (el - 'all').

^_^

shadowlaw9000

Smash Rookie
ant-d said:
Hmm... I don't have my gamecube at the moment so coming to mine isn't a good idea :(
Well I could bring mine let me know if its ok plus do you have a number I can call you on? Hopefully you could be able to come to my house next week or so as the problem can hopefully be sorted by then but I dnt really mind having ppl round but there will have to be a limit due to space lol.

ant-d

Smash Lord
shadowlaw9000 said:
Well I could bring mine let me know if its ok plus do you have a number I can call you on? Hopefully you could be able to come to my house next week or so as the problem can hopefully be sorted by then but I dnt really mind having ppl round but there will have to be a limit due to space lol.
Ok. My home phone number is 0208 8562801 and my mobile number is 07756609512.
I'll just check to see if my house is free on saturday.... check here for info on that.

**** it seems I have guests at my place but my cousin's place is free!

My cuz has 1 TV and a medium size room, how many people coming?

Bring your cube if you wanna come... all my controllers are at Kones place too. So only come if you have 2 good quality controllers.

My cousin's place is in Blackheath/kidbrooke area south east london... Let me know asap if your coming then I can go to my cousins place now as he's going on holiday this week.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Arghhhh, i want to come round but on saturday it's my friend's bday party. Are you sure you can't forward the day to Sunday?

Otherwise if not, I'll just bite my toungue and wait until the next time I can noobify you ;-) lol...

By the way... Msg to Ant: I CAN WALK THE WALK!!! LOL

ant-d

Smash Lord
imoneofthem said:
By the way... Msg to Ant: I CAN WALK THE WALK!!! LOL
Haha - We aren't talking about Tekken here ;)

It's ok you didn't miss anything this saturday. Let's arrange something before the tourney though.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Hello all English smashers. Good to see that it's not just Yanks that have an interest in this game xD Seriously though. I'm a smash junkie and hoping to meet some cool brits who also smash. If anyone's from or near the north-west I'm from lancaster. Good to see so many people here who play. Or is this 28 pages of the same people talking? Just kidding.

I shall end my post here before I say something embarassing.

Kone

Smash Master
Bloodbowler - Where exactly are you from ? theres quite a few UK tourneys coming up :

1 Day event in Taunton

1 Day event in London

Large 2 day event in Newcastle

You should try make one of these. Also, if youw ant to chat my msn is ceddon@hotmail.com

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Events

I'm from the north-west, Lancaster to be precise. I'm pretty skint at the moment but I'll have a look around to see what events I'd be able to get to. Plus I'm kinda none too confident about my playing, I could improve on my game a whole lot.

Anyways, thanks for reading, if anyone wants to talk PM me or clgrulesrules@hotmail.com if you have MSN messenger ^_^

shadowlaw9000

Smash Rookie
ant-d said:
Haha - We aren't talking about Tekken here ;)

It's ok you didn't miss anything this saturday. Let's arrange something before the tourney though.
Sorry about that I would have came but I wasn't able to access the internet to get you number (I saved it in my phone now), I can only access the internet during the weekdays because Im normally at college. Let us know when your gonna have another one.
Thanks.

PS: Its nice to see that there are more UK,London are emerging from the surface :)

Shadowlaw

multiplaya

Smash Rookie
I'm a londoner! I would love to play ssbm with you guys

The only person I really used to play with was my cousin and...he has lost interest in ssbm :(

I for one cannot get enough ^^

Viktoria

Smash Cadet
I'm in Nottingham, I have no idea where Taunton (sp) is...wasn't it a village in the first level of Body Harvest on the N64?

I'm going to go play my 64 now...

ant-d

Smash Lord
Viktoria said:
I'm in Nottingham, I have no idea where Taunton (sp) is...wasn't it a village in the first level of Body Harvest on the N64?

I'm going to go play my 64 now...
lol - i think taunton is way south of you.

Kone

Smash Master
way south as in 3 hours at max? how about you dont discourage people you pleb. Nottingham is only 1.5 hours north of you by car U_U

Viktoria : You intersted in making british tournaments? theres the taunton one coming up and my much larger one at the end of april. Let me know if your interested in either and if you need any info etc you can contact me on msn :ceddon@hotmail.com

nice to see another english person on the boards : )

Kone

Smash Master
The following :

1. Housing - If people are coming from all over you got to be able to offer housing for at least a night (most cases 2-4). Thats housing for between 20-30 ppl.

2. Transport Links - A location where people can fly into / train too for cheap. A location in the middle of no where isn't going to work.

3. A Hall - Tournaments usually require a venue for at least one day, normally two. Unless host have a large house.

4. Ability to organise tourney participants ie getting them from airports, and friends to help run the tourney make sure things run smoothly ie backroom staff

5. A Name - To host a tourney you usually have to be known by the community your catering for or have some links. Otherwise peopel won't be willing to go/trust the set up (ie for yourself getting yourself known at my tourney would work)

6. Money - Costs the host money in setting a tourney up !

7. A good date - You need a date that people can make ie were coming upto a bad period cos in may/june people will be having exams etc

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah I was, don't post in this threda unless your going to be useful. You replied to someone's first post with no useful information. Imagine if I was as helpful in your post to everyone that looked at this thread, yeah there'd be no english scene.

Just be useful, encourage players.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Don't call names like a kid then.

I've got a good place for the london tourney :D They said I gotta phone back on Tuesday to give them a definite answer.
Is it possible to direct debit the money for you to send the gamecube to london?

Kone

Smash Master
Meh, I find calling names has the desired effect. Allows people to know im not happy wih something they said or done. ^_^ I apologise though, was in a crap mood y-day.

Anyway, that sounds awesome ant : ) try get on msn so we can bash out more details or something. Anychance you'll make the taunton tourney? i should be able to gt you housing for the saturday night.

Yeah, thats cool regarding cube. Ill check prices for you today and gt you back to you tonight with price :)

Multiplaya / Viktoria: Either you got contact details for msn /aim ?!

ant-d

Smash Lord
Kone said:
Meh, I find calling names has the desired effect. Allows people to know im not happy wih something they said or done. ^_^ I apologise though, was in a crap mood y-day.

Anyway, that sounds awesome ant : ) try get on msn so we can bash out more details or something. Anychance you'll make the taunton tourney? i should be able to gt you housing for the saturday night.

Yeah, thats cool regarding cube. Ill check prices for you today and gt you back to you tonight with price :)

Multiplaya / Viktoria: Either you got contact details for msn /aim ?
No worries.

Cool, I wanna make taunton for sure. Housing would be nice

Kone

Smash Master
Noice!! have you noticed theres a taunton tournament in somerset coming up rouse?you should get yourself there ^_^

edit: do you have msn? add me if you wnat any info related to smash : ceddon@hotmail.com

Kone

Smash Master
What details?! im confused? if its regarding my tournament theres a separate thread!!

Captain Smashie you making my tournametn , newcastle, next weekend? be awesome learnign experience for you :)

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
like addresses n stuff, wheres it bein held, when etc - how would i get there from the train station?
I'm tryin to convince my parents I'm not gonna be abducted by some internet paedo at the moment, so wish me luck!

'learning experience'? god, I'm gonna get slaughtered... still be cool to tell my mates I've been to a proper smash tourney.

edit: yeah, i just spoke to you on msn, you can pretty much ignore this post now... there's another thead? Ah well, my bad.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ed, when we start sorting out the London tournament again I'll start the thread :) + do you think a poll would be good to find out what weekend people would prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom