• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Comp : it'll be april. ill get you a date. if it gets too late ill push my date back. Im no fool, just got more pressing matters right now ie no job. Once i get a job i can book a hall. Ill have a date by two weeks time. It'll then be held appropiately in the distance as to make plane tickets cheap enough! Im no fool ;)

Kone

Smash Master
Not long left till SCT3 guys =s . Ive got some crazee ideas planned for the two days:

*Farne Islands
*Bowling
*Alnmouth and dunes, sea and pub grub
*Diggerland
*Sealife Centre
*Laser Quaser

Make sure you bring a towell and swimming shorts. If you can drive please bring your driving license!

Crew Battles :

:=:=:Team North:=:=

Ed (Peach)
Stu (Marth / Falcon / GnW)
Adam (Link)
Addy (Sheik)
Stevie (Doc)

All confirmed!

:=:=:Team South:=:=:

JAM5 (Ice Climbers/Falco)
Sc(ene)ott (Fox)
London (Falco/Mario)
AntD (Marth)
Senphet (Falco)

Just waiting on Ant confirming. Should be 2moro he said :)

x x x

Linoud

Smash Rookie
:/ What's SCT3 if you don't mind explaining. There's a decent chance of me being able to go to english games. As Englands only like an hours plane journey away from Ireland.

Kone

Smash Master
Linoud : SCT's are just get togethers I have at my house with other english smashers. 3 simply means it the third one since the name came about.

Im actually planning on have a tournament somtime in April. You should try make that Do you have msn? I can give you more details over the net :)

Nylkran

Smash Rookie
Greetings All

I was just wondering where could I get some info on location, cost and of course date of the tournament, (which I am assuming hasn't pass yet), I have been in tournaments before, (many moosn ago so to say) and although I did win it it was against a bunch of noobs so I am hoping I can enter a new tournament and see if my skills have not gone rusty.

I live in Birmingham and can travel so it shouldn't be to much of a problem to go. As of my skill as a player well will just have to wait and see, though if there is any particular requirement I need to fill before entering I am pretty certain I can meet it.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm moving to England this summer. Are there any good players within an hour of Bath?

Kone

Smash Master
Nylkran: The tournament location will be Newcastle. I haven't set a date yet. Expect early April ie Easter holidays. Cost of touraments isn't usually much. Just a small entrance fee for singles/doubles so that there can be a money prize for 1st/2nd/3rd.

What tournament did you enter? Ive never heard of any none smashboards related smash tournaments!

Birmingham? cool. Theres a few smashers around you. Senphet lives in birmingham and scotts not that far away in Rugby.

We also maybe organising a smashfest in the South late March (were having one next week a tmy place, so going south for the next one) it'll be cool if you made that ie meet the english players and get some practice in. There'll be other new players aswell ^_^

Im on msn/aim if you want to chat more : www.ceddon@hotmail.com and koneofnewcastle.

- - - - - - - - -

Uncle Meat : Nope. The English scene isn't huge. Im afraid you'd have to travel over an hour to play others!

Nylkran

Smash Rookie
Well it was a tournament in my home country, (Venezuela, South America), the scene for gaming used to be pretty big but it has gone down in the last decade or so, (just when I could do something in it), the tournament was Free-For-All/with items, (basically as the game is set up) and it was frankly pretty dissapointing.

I move to the UK, (Scotland) for my studies and got a couple of people interested in the game, but now that I am here in Birmingham I haven't played the game in months so my skill must have rusted by now.

Regarding the tournament it sound great, never been to Newcastle so that is an extra bonus.

Senphet

Smash Rookie
Nylkran, as Kone has said, I live around Birmingham. It'd be cool if you could make it to Newcastle. Hope to see you there :). It'd be cool to have another smasher round here. Feel free to add me to MSN (at email in profile) if you want to ask about anything in B'ham or smashing round here or anything like that.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kone, have you failed to notice that there are 3 active comptetive smashers considered to be of the Top of the UK named Craig? XD

Kone

Smash Master
I realise that there are thee craigs. I infact won a CraigName match against qwester back at JD. But people call me Ed!

Linoud

Smash Rookie
<<; Did I mention my name is Ken and I hear there is an excellent Ken player in the US? D=
Wee, I share the name of a pro, yay!

Kone

Smash Master
Okay guys, im well looking forward to this ^_^ . Shall be seeing you all soon, yeay!

Just letting you guys know im having limited net access, my laptop broke and can only get online when I pop upto my parents. Like now, which isn't very frequently.

If you need to ask me anythingjust text me, I think everyone has my number. If not ask like Jma He def has it. Also, please txt me your arrival times. OR post here!

Ill be seeing ant first on wed then ^_^

woot
\
ryan: u cumin?

ant-d

Smash Lord
Yep see ya on Wednesday. My train ticket says I will arrive at 12:04. Get there for 12:00! :laugh:

Hmmm... my first time in Newcastle...Better be good.

Edit:-
Peeps don't forget, I want SSB64 matches too. :)

The_Doug

Smash Ace
How goes it Kone? Ain't seen you online in a couple of days. Thinking about turning up Sunday night still or should best wait until Monday?

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Enycecricket said:
i just feel the nee to remind kone that i want a tourny date....n...thats it

uhhh yea...read the quote lolz

plus i havent posed in here for a week....didnt want people to forget about me

ant-d

Smash Lord
Sct3

Team South ftw! :)

Respect to Ed for hosting and housing... oh yeah, and for "smashed potato".
Great event peepz.

"brap brap brap!"

ac_anon

Smash Ace
I want another tourney so while im waiting im going to deliver my challenge to the english lol

Il challenge any of the english player to a money match at kones tourney (except Doug lol thats throwing away money and iv had good matches with him before) So who accepts?

come on it'l be a fun way of getting some good matches, sort out how much and rules etc induvidually

step it up!

ant-d

Smash Lord
ac_anon said:
depends on your definition of good lol. Is Scott better than kone?
Judging from the last smashfest I attended with these two I would say no.

Who is your main? I may money match you.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
I say scotland are **** and infact worse than england. No need to step it up !

Furthermore wtf Q lol your woeful compared to england. Geoff n Ant are both better than yourself and allan lol

Thomaz

Smash Lord
meh, ill prove it by england beating scotland in a crew match. i aint ever done a money match nor do i need to step it up nor is there anywhere to do it anyitme soon lol

spammer

Foxy_Sharpy

Smash Cadet
Guys and Girls im new to the Smash Forums but not a noob trust...
Am currently in the process of arranging a tourney in the south of england, more than likely in Taunton. The Venue is probably going to be in the community centre but details are scarce at this time.
Everyone is welcome obviously but unfortunately i dont believe there to be any sleeping arrangements so if you guys come down its either pitching in your car's or tent it up.
Kone is also arranging this with me along with august_weaver@hotmail.com he has more information at this time than i do.We (me and kone) or just me will continue to post as soon as we/i know anymore information.
Gonna be a North - South Clash too so should get very interesting.
Kone is having his own tourney way up North round-a-bout may i should think and this should be quite a large scaled tourney and finally ANTD should be setting one up in London so the calendar looks a little more filled plenty of rival matches, disputes to settle, people to finally make a name for themselves and general built on the whole british scene.
Cheers Guys
Sharpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom