• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Sweeping generalisations are both meaningful and insightful, right guys?

All americans play the same, and so do all Scots. You should see Geek and Quickie playing, it's like watching clones go at it.

TheCras

Smash Rookie
Wasn't there talk about a tourney a few pages back? *is too lazy look* I think it was a london tourney and i wouldn't mind going for a bit of experience, or has it been cancelled?

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
We were talking about the possibilities of a tournament. Come on i need to train, now m only chance of getting great will be to host my own tournament and i know thats not gonna happen without housing and junk...
Man i need something to hapen, anything!

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
meep; i'm unsure of your general presence bla bla bla. It'd seem kind of weird visiting a 20+ persons flat by yourself without a proper invite. You have to understand i barely know you, i know who you are and that you'd never um do anything underhanded or nasty to anyone but you know...

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Ed won't molest you...
It's that quickmanzero that you wanna keep an eye on.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i know he wouldn't but human nature is a strange strange thing, i'd come if it was a tournament or the even the mafia i'd come but it seems a bit of a waste to um show up to your flat for no reason but practise.
I'd honestly like to take you up on that offer i really would but you know... i don't even know where you live man.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
lol just a guess but Newcastle? And id assume he would give you directions to his house

Lol the mafia is famous, and if you did turn up here what do you think you would be doing if not practising?

Oh and yeah Quckman may look and sound about 14 but watch out! lol

Junahu

Smash Ace
Adam es maximus said:
Yeah i know he wouldn't but human nature is a strange strange thing, i'd come if it was a tournament or the even the mafia i'd come but it seems a bit of a waste to um show up to your flat for no reason but practise.
Yeah. I live near Newcastle, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play with a complete stranger. I would go to a small tournament with a decent turnout, but unless we all band together and cooperate, that won't happen anytime soon.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's just that i know kone won't do anything bad to me or anything he just wants to carry on his line of brittish excellence by training an apprentice if you will (starwarsesque i know). The thing is it just seems wrong and it would take preparation aka. my worst enemy.
But still given half the chance i'd get myself up to his place for some training. Anyway i've still got a chance to make my claim to fame when revolution smash rears it's mysterious head. Wouldn't it be nasty for the really good players to start their training all over again because the game is different to the one they have dedicated their time to?

Kone

Smash Master
I live in Heaton, Newcastle. Its about 10 minutes from the city centre. Your welcome any weekend, just tell me when. Don't worry im not intimdating or anything and definetly not some sad geek. Ask anyone! theres a few of us that play here aswell, so you wouldn't just be playing me. And heck, we dont have to just play smash all day. Oh, im 19 not 20+ lol.

Junahu where do you live? why don't both of you coming over on the same day? ill meet you guys in the city centre and if you feel uncomfortable after chatting with me there you can just go home.

If either have msn add me ceddon@hotmail.com and you can chat with me more . .

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
You see what i mean Junahu you can't say no to that guy he's kone for gods sake.
Knowing that there would be a couple more players round your place is a clincher on the fact that i'll make it round your place some day. I'll see what i can do and maybe i'll bring a friend ot two round if it's ok with you (they wanna getinto serious smash to). I'll add you on msn if you wanna talk.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
ok, ok i get it man. I'll drop by and see kone soon enough so keep yourself contained man...
I'll talk to you on msn about some sorta location i could get picked up at or where i could go to find you kone.

tone

Smash Cadet
Hey you guys are holdin a bit of a smash fest in newcastle I would be up for coming a long i kno its been ages since i last made myself known to the smashers, but ive been away in ireland not practising at all. and wen i get bak all the local smash crew i helped assemble all lost their intrest. Bummer. just wen i was gettin used to all the cheatin tictacs; sliding and so on.

but yeah make sure u annoance a smash fest i like gettin beaten its been a while since i played anyone guys

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Could this be a possible victim? lol. welcome back man i think kone is gonna hold a final tournament/smashfest on december the 16th but you'd have to ask him more about it.

GiGruff

Smash Rookie
Hi there, maybe a bit late here but I'm A good ole English smasher! I'm stationed in Greater Manchester. Anything coming up soon in the north of Englend?

Kone

Smash Master
Hey man, hows it going? im up in Newcastle. How old are you? if you have the ability to do so you could come up here and smash sometime :)

EDIT:

Right, thought it would be a good idea to complile a list of british smashers. Going through this thread there is quite a few people I don't know etc.

Could people post their names, location and msn/aim. Please only post if your interested in playing others!

eg Ed (aka Kone) / Newcastle / ceddon@hotmail.com

Futhermore, im thinking of hosting a last (as in my last )smash tournament probably late feb/early march. Won't be a large thing and it'll be housted at my place. Please let me know if you'd be willing to travel upto newcastle for it.

eg Ed (aka Kone) / Newcastle / ceddon@hotmail.com / Tournament - yes

^_^

GiGruff

Smash Rookie
Reeteo then,

I'm Josh aka GiGruff, I'm from Greater Manchester and my email is jomo707@hotmail.com.
And at the moment I'm not sure whether I could travel or not but we'll have to see!
I'm 16 by the way and college is what most of my week consits of... sadly :p.

Nemesis Enforcer

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Hello,
I just moved to London for school and will be here through June or so. I am originally from the States, and now live near Russel Square in London. I am looking to make some friends and of course play some smash. I don't have a cube or controller, but am willing to travel. Of course, I would like to stay closeby at first until I feel more comfortable finding out how to get around for cheap...wait a second! Maybe you all could help me out with that?!

What is the best way to get around the city. I bought a 'young persons' card the other day, and I have heard of the 'oyster card'. what do you all suggest i do for getting around zone 1 and what not? thanks!

Zoda

Smash Rookie
Mmm... I wouldn't mind travelling for a smash tourney at some point, but the vast majority of you guys are pretty far away from Bristol... So long as there's plenty of notice about dates and times and a place for me to collapse in a heap after a lot of travel, I don't mind how far I go, so count me in for most locations. I seem to pick up that a lot of you are in or around Newcastle... Wouldn't be hard to fly there from Bristol if something is organized, not at all. I know there are flights that go between Bristol and Newcastle at least once a day and it's cheaper than the train or bus services available if booked early enough.

London? Can't really be of much use with the cards and whatnot since I've only been there twice and don't know the zones at all, but I'd be willing to travel there for a tourney meetup sometime if you don't want to go too far for now. I'm usually alright with figuring out where I need to go.

And to sum it up in one easy form... I'm from near enough Bristol, and yes, I'd be willing to travel to the Newcastle tourney. In case you're curious as to my age, I'm 19.

Edit: Contact details are all in my profile, and my MSN address is the same as my main email. I'm mostly on MSN out of all the IM programs I have a screen name for though.

Jazzy Geoff

Smash Apprentice
Nemesis - Good stuff, i live just outside London and will trvel in to play on some weekends. As far as I know young person´s cards are for mainline train services around the country (you get a discount) and the oyster card is the best if you travel around london on the underground and buses alot.

EVERYONE ELSE IN LONDON NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR ARSES AND TRAVEL 5 MINUTES INTO CENTRAL TO PLAY THIS GUY TOO!!!

Nemesis Enforcer

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, thanks jazzy geoff. so was the young person's card a bad purchase or what? I just found out i have a television on each floor of my dorm, so if anybody travels to play me, you'll have to bring the cube, controllers, game, hook-ups, and memory card :( sorry all, but you don't have to bring the tv at least! if anybody else lives in london, maybe we can make a small meeting???

I'm down for anything as I now live here for a bit, so keep me in the loop;)

Jazzy Geoff

Smash Apprentice
If the young person's card is the same as the one I'm thinking of (costs 18 pounds??) then it's only really useful for travelling on national rail services usually going out of London.

I still have your cube Antd, I dunno how I'm gonna give it back to you unless you come to this guy's place to play smash.

Kone

Smash Master
Get yourself in gear antd! you missed out on sweden and due to my greatness london got some great teaching. His falco went from ****ing dump to being a legend!

You need to grab abit of london in london >_>

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I'm from Blackpool; lots more northwest.

Hit me up if ya want to smash sometime before the next Euro tourney. My Peach is pretty decent (cheap); at least Captain Jack says so.

Kone

Smash Master
Nice to hear Zoda! hopefully we will see you in newcastle then ^_^!

ALREET ALL; im planning on holding a tournament soon. I NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU GUYS IE THE BRITS ARE FREE FOR THIS! WHEN ARE YOUR EASTER HOLS? ET ME KNOW ASAP

CHEERS

xxx

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I'm comin

Make it in march if possible so i can get a decent priced ticket....cuz tickts to britin right now are CRAZY expensive.....come on...HELP THE HANDSOME1 OUT!!!

Kone

Smash Master
You crazee comp? ive just been checking out tickets prices. Their cheap. March is the expected month, as that is when Easter is. I just need to know when the students have their 3 weeks off and when the school guys have their 2 weeks of.

If you come comp; fly into any london airport. Heathrow/Stansted/Gatwick. A quick scan on major airlines give an estimate of like $440. From New york airports. With a good bit of searching you maybe able to find cheaper flights.

Im hoping to organise us staying in london for the a couple of days. Geoff, could you house? Ive never personally checked the capital out =P. Then I can drive us upto newcastle, saving on flights costs. ( Jam n Geoff you guys can grab a lift aswell). Then all you would need comp is a flight from newcastle to whatever london airport you flew into(be like $50 at most).

Toureny will probably be at most a two day event. Dependant on venue. But that shouldn't matter to the cooler players. Cos it means more days enjoing Newcastle.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Comp in Britian?!??!!

just send me an msn message wheneva you get a date....and plan on me arriving!

i wanna screw some english gurls!!!!

Kone

Smash Master
Awesome man, how long would you be able to stay for ? so I can plan ****.

Other brits, interst please?

ac_anon

Smash Ace
well our school holidays start on the 31st mach i believe (my birthday) and there is a good chance we could come but i dont want to speak for anyone else

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since I'll start attending Uni next week, I won't actually have any holidays except for Red days in the calendar such as certain days around Easter. But as long as I get a small notice, I can take a few days off. :D

Kone

Smash Master
SCT 3 Announcement !
-------------------------

Alreet geoff and jam im mising you guys already ;_;. We need to get our next get together sorted pronto!

Im thinking of getting you gurs up for the 17th - 20th weekend. How does that pan out with you guys? Jam, think your on a break so your welcome to stay longer if you wish =P.

Scott, when are you free?

I know Adam prefers the weekend before but then Jammy can't stay till Monday =(

Ryan want to come down?

AntD / Zoda want to come up here? join us follow english players for a silly weekend? No more flakes allowed ant, your all out!

x x x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom