• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawl+ery Pick your mod sweepstakes and other fun stuff

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
So as you guys know I talk to Almas on more or less a weekly basis. He, as well as a couple other users, have expressed the need for a new mod back here. So I tried to spend some time over the weekend checking out some posts then planning on making a selection (Also, using the couple recommendations I got). But really I thought about it more and with our select private rooms if not doing a straight vote I do like the whole room to at least be able to at least voice their opinions first.

So who do you all want to be sweet and be the mod back here? Name and concise (I dont need an essay, short and to the point is stellar) reasoning why. If there is something for or against someone you dont want to post publicly, pm me.

So what else. Fancy custom color/user titles. Ive got this request from a few of you. Basically, some of our old user groups and colors are outdated, I have some new groups to do (IE you guys arent yet one in VB), and there are only so many colors to go around. So basically I need to sit down and spend a couple days to sort this whole thing out before I can give you guys anything. Im extremely busy right now and doing this whole thing doesnt strike me as something I can knock out in an hour or two so everyone is gonna have to wait a bit. The bright side is I have decided to give you your own. So I would say within 3-4 weeks you should have it.

Otherwise, you guys are now the Workshop Back Room and yea about all i got.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh nice, thanks for the title change for the room. I was sad to hear the title Plusery go but Workshop Back Room has a real nice official sound to it. And now with this as you said we can get the custom color and user titles. This will help sort of have us stand out amongst the public and start to draw more attention to the workshop/WBR and have new people wondering what Brawl+ is.

On a side note, I'm not sure if he has brought this up to you or anyone else yet, but RyokoYaksa was interested in having access to this room since he's getting into Brawl+ now. He should have already had access I believe being a Super Mod, but for some reason he can't access this normally.

As for mods, we sort of discussed this in the disorganization thread I made a couple weeks ago and I've talked to it with others as well. We should really have at least 2 more mods for this room. We need someone that normally spends a lot of time around here, that enjoys the project to have the initiative to mod the place, that has been around SmashBoards for a good amount of time, and someone that is mature that generally would have an unbiased look on opinions with the knowledge to organize projects back here.

While I don't know everyone around here too much, from the time I've spent back here I would say my choice for a new mod would either be myself, Ulevo, goodolganon, or Shanus - all for different reasons. As much as it's normally not proper to nominate yourself for something, I've been around Smashboards for a while taking part in such things such as holding tournaments, being in the SBR, a panelist on state rankings, being on state rankings, and more. I've also been a huge supporter of Brawl+ since the beginning and I really want this to develop as much (and safely) as possible. I'm also an aspiring game designer currently in college, and this kind of project is one of the things I'm looking to do.

Ulevo has been very active around here and has a strong word in the various debates and suggestions around here. He is a top quality poster and I think has what it takes to be a mod. Goodolganon has taken a good initiative back here recently with the character discussion topics in the Work Shop, and that could benefit with him being a mod. Shanus has been in charge of releasing the official codesets, compiling codes, hosting everything for us, keeping it organized, etc. It's a big job, and he's done a great job at it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
The one individual who has shown the most unbiased, informed, mature and positive attitude back here out of the majority of us, from my perspective, has been leafgreen. I notice he is able to make concise decisions, voice his opinions clearly, and avoid subjects in which he feels personal bias towards, which are qualities I feel should be suited to someone responsible for leading a project.

The one individual I feel that should not be promoted to moderator is Almas. He's lazy, he's british, he doe-- erm, wait a minute...

Never mind that last bit.

shanus

Smash Hero
I nominate Yeroc. He is a long standing BRoomer, a smash vet for ages and a top quality player. He is level-headed in his posts and has I think the respect of just about everyone here. He is very active overall and would be an excellent Mod. I honestly don't think there is a better choice than him, he has more than proven himself as a capable player and an avid tester/coder.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'd also nominate Yeroc, but I don't see him around too much. Maybe he's more of a lurker then I am (I post a ton) but it would seem we would need someone active both in the workshop and in the BR.

Personally I'd choose either Shanus or Leafgreen. Shanus is incredibly active and does everything listed in Chibo's post. He easy to get along with and willing to listen, if reason is given. He stands firm by the community and what he believes is the best interest for the project.

Leafgreen I'd nominate for all the reasons Ulevo mentioned in his post.

Personally, I think Almas did a good job, the project just took off really quickly and he got overwhelmed. I don't know how you feel MLG_JV but I'd argue two mods back here would help alleviate all the pressure on one person.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There is two mods back here now, Almas and KishSquared. No ones heard from Squared though in a while and Almas has become a little overwhelmed with everything being relied on just him. Three mods might be needed. Most other areas have 3 to my knowledge.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
There is two mods back here now, Almas and KishSquared. No ones heard from Squared though in a while and Almas has become a little overwhelmed with everything being relied on just him. Three mods might be needed. Most other areas have 3 to my knowledge.
Seems reasonable. I feel it's a lot of the same people I hear in the BR most but do we have an official number of people who can see the Workshop BackRoom?

D

Deleted member

leafgreen or goodoldganon, those would make we good mods, also for reasons mentioned before.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm cool with either Yeroc or Leafgreen. Both are level-headed guys with a disposition towards unbiasedness. Yeroc has been around longer, but I think lead is around more often. But getting mod status might cause Yeroc to feel pressured to be on more often inherently so who knows...

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
First let me say how appreciative I am that you all think I'd make a good mod for our project. I've enjoyed working on it a lot these past months, ever since I was introduced to the tripping code way back in August. We've come a long way since then, and I've always tried to be one to step up and fill any roles that I see where I can help out. In regards to my apparent inactivity, when I first saw this topic I realized how little I actually post on the boards lately in spite of a lot of the contributions I've tried to make to the project. Recently I've spent most of my time on the IRC channel discussing things with various coders and other players, which is information I hope to put to good use yet in making Brawl+ a solid and competitive game should the greater Smash community accept it. But were I to be a mod, I realized that there'd be a bigger necessity to incorporate my presence here on the boards. It's funny you should mention that, Alopex, because I had felt pretty compelled to be more vocal around here before this topic even got started. Plus I'd really like to work with you again, JV, and see where we're able to take this project on the boards and in the community.

So, I'll let you all decide amongst yourselves if you think I'm the right man for the job, and thanks again for the consideration.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
On a side note, I'm not sure if he has brought this up to you or anyone else yet, but RyokoYaksa was interested in having access to this room since he's getting into Brawl+ now. He should have already had access I believe being a Super Mod, but for some reason he can't access this normally.
Honestly, I would really like to keep this room to the very most active and influential members of the Brawl+ scene. I had just been adding names as I got them as it was a fairly new project but I think going forwarded I would like you guys to do some sort of discussion and silent vote about new members every month or something. Give these people some time prove their worth so to speak and make them work for it. I do not want this room to become a social group or just for well known people or people your friends with that show a bit of interest in the project. This is absolutely nothing against Ryoko, being a mod and someone who has been within the community a long time I am actually more likely to make an exception for him than other people. These are just my general thoughts about room membership going forward.

Anyway, Leafgreen and Yeroc received the most positive response. I took a look though leafgreen's posting history and I do think he would do a good job. As for Yeroc I have known him for quite awhile now and besides being a cool dude I know he would do a great job with the room. I will add both of you on within the day.

D

Deleted member

with the resructuring coming up/already happening, I think this thread deserves a bump

so far Almas has done a great job a moderator, but with the somewhat strict guidelines we are gonna have (especially the official thread) we might need another mod.

oh I also want to vote for navy blue

shanus

Smash Hero
with the resructuring coming up/already happening, I think this thread deserves a bump

so far Almas has done a great job a moderator, but with the somewhat strict guidelines we are gonna have (especially the official thread) we might need another mod.

oh I also want to vote for navy blue
Yeroc and Leaf both have mod privs, just arent bright red.

D

Deleted member

ah that explains a lot. and **** what a quick reply.
I still want blue though

EDIT I keep forgetting this site censors d a m n

Top Bottom