• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
look at the bowser threads, theres one called like "North Hollywood tournament vids" or something along those lines, theres a bunch of my recent videos there

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
How do people do that thing where it looks like they're charging up a smash, but they Up-B instead?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Senile? So like sometimes your Bowser forgets what its doing?

Pretty beastly ^_^

No show at Esticle= Shame on you

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Senile? So like sometimes your Bowser forgets what its doing?

Pretty beastly ^_^

No show at Esticle= Shame on you
Lmao, yea i dunno wats goin on here, hes gone mad lol. Hes black and Shows no mercy to anybody. I beat m2k wit him lol i dunno wats goin on.

I just got a job at jetblue doin standby flights so u know ima start travelin around and then its over.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I would like your fellow boozers opinion on this. I can't resist the urge to bowserbomb my way from building to building in fourside, you know, running to the edge, hittind down b, and letting the bowserbomb take me to the ledge of the next building. It's pretty much just for fun, but am I setting myself up for a serious disatvantage by doing this? or is there any way i could use this as a move to my advantage? I also use it on that annoying DK stage whose name i cant remember, the one were kranky kong appears.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Fourside is banned, but that still seems like a waste of time...

However, WK you must now fly back down to RI Aww Yeaaa

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Ledgebombing is one of my favorite things to do as Bowser (right after beating people with him). I'm not sure why I get so much satisfaction watching Bowser hover in the air for a second before plummeting at a ridiculous speed, only to stop as he hits the ledge.

Of course it's a stupidly risky move, since if you mistime it even a little you either land on the ground, completely vulnerable, or throw yourself to the pits. Still fun as heck to do though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
o.O

klaw.. not... very... useful?

klaw is WONDERFUL!

techchasing recovering onto the stage mindgames of all flavors...

i love the klaw, it is wonderful

uhhh klaw them when their sheild is up. haha

watch some vids and just see where its used and try to apply it in some of the same ways

Banned via Administration
bowser has like 4 "bread and butter) moves because he's so bad

ftilt
klaw
fair
upb

klaw is the worst of those but hey it's bowser you shouldn't be expecting a fox usmash or something

use klaw for tech chasing, edgeguarding, ledge games, and when you think that they think you are gonna fair (so they shield)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
His Uair is also incredibly useful, as is his bair for edgeguarding... His firebreath can mess up spacie recovery when they sweetspot, his u-tilt is good to use on platforms...

Yeah you seem to know nothing about bowser huh

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you cant klaw them while they are doing their getup attacks because they are invincible while doing that, but you wait until near the end start a klaw and there is no escape

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Man, I thought I was a pretty good Bowser player, but I have yet to put the essentail techniques in my game. Gimpyfish is the only other Bowser player ive seen which could own my Bowser without losing a stock. Ok, maybe he would lose 1 stock in a 3 stock match. Im good to a good extent, I just need to put in a few more things like Fortresshogging and ill be great :D.
P.S. Gimpy, what do you think is bowsers WORST move? Is it ever used in advance Bowser play? I mean Boswer is so powerfull i think any of his moves can be used for some, even if case-only, extent. I use the phrase "To an extent" too much >.>

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm not Gimpy, but I think his down air is probably the least useful; high lag even when l-canceled and easy to avoid and/or DI out of if hit, it's so situational that using it more than once a match for surprise isn't a good idea. Either that or his one-two punch, which leaves him extremely vulnerable if he tries it at low percentages.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I like to use the down air after a short hot twords but not directly on a person. This way even if the attack doesn't hit them initially they may still be hit by the ending frames and be bounced for another attack afterwards. This is also useful because if by chance they attempt to attack you, you'll already be in the attack position and will mostlikely counter anything they were about to do. Also for people who shield grab alot this is great because the ending animations tend to send a last attack out far enough that if they shield it, they wont be able to reach you afterwards unless they have some sort of chain grab like samus or link.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
all of his moves are situational and effective in their situations

i can see why people would say down air, but bowser's down air can be used in the same way as ganon's reverse up air edgeguard if you find yourself way out of position for the actual edgeguard, and is effective for dash dance grab campers and what not because of how long the aftershock lasts...

i dont know, all of his moves are useful, some are clearly better, but most of his moves are simply situational *shrug*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Are you talking about his Neutral A jabs?

if so i like Neutral A jab- interrupted with the U-tilt.. that makes me happy.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I'm currently a ness and marth user, and thinking of adding bowser as a third. I'm not sure, could someone give me some Pros and cons? Or experience users have any word on this?

Top Bottom