• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I answered it for you once already >_>

Just before landing hit B to shoot flames without the lag only works on version 1.0

boozer_guard

Smash Rookie
wavelanding

I'm having trouble timing wavelandings, are there any visuals to look ou t for? i always seem to air dodge instead of landing :dizzy:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just do it right before/as you are landing. just work on it and the timing will come, not to early or you'll airodge, but not to late or you'll just sheild/roll haha

the timing will come.

51drifty

Smash Rookie
I answered it for you once already >_>

Just before landing hit B to shoot flames without the lag only works on version 1.0
and 1.1 (jesus christ bowsers need to research the 3 advanced things they have to do more often)

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I'm just throwin out a random question cause i'm going to be challanging a fox/ falco player in a little. Is it better to block their flame recovery w/ a bair or a fair? I can do both equally well but i have to turn around to do the bair where as i needent do it for the fair.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm just throwin out a random question cause i'm going to be challanging a fox/ falco player in a little. Is it better to block their flame recovery w/ a bair or a fair? I can do both equally well but i have to turn around to do the bair where as i needent do it for the fair.
I feel like F-Air'ing the opponent out of that takes too much pinpoint accuracy if they're moving. You're probably better hitting them with a tilt attack (or a 99%-or-less ledge attack, if it's going to hit). I wouldn't mind trying the B-Air, if only for the area it covers and the pseudo-spiking, but I can't imagine there being a great consensus between the two.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
If they are recovering vertically I like to flame, If your lucky and playing a crappy fox/falco they might f-up the recover. If they dont, it sets them up for a angled ftilt.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bowser's edgeguarding is some of the best in the game

Nice try with that post though.. even though it kinda phailed.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Darn you falsefalco thats mean! Sure Marth has the 180 degree fsmash and Peach has the "I'm gonna float after you or just Dsmash" but Bowser has the fire and good ol' angled fisty. This might be dumb but what about Jiggly? she can kinda follow you and arial you or is that not edgeguardy enough?

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if it's been asked before:
I'm going to play against a normal dude (does play a few tourneys though (Mr_joey132)).
He's using Falco, en I'm gonna use Bowser. Playing at Hyrule Temple with tournement rules, so if i got more % I lose. What are the basic things I need to do/learn? Shield-reflect?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sorry if it's been asked before:
I'm going to play against a normal dude (does play a few tourneys though (Mr_joey132)).
He's using Falco, en I'm gonna use Bowser. Playing at Hyrule Temple with tournement rules, so if i got more % I lose. What are the basic things I need to do/learn? Shield-reflect?

Not play at Hyrule Temple? :confused:

Sorry...

Umm... Teching is important, if you're playing there. Power shielding would be helpful. I can't help you much against spacies. :( Sorry.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Darn you falsefalco thats mean! Sure Marth has the 180 degree fsmash and Peach has the "I'm gonna float after you or just Dsmash" but Bowser has the fire and good ol' angled fisty. This might be dumb but what about Jiggly? she can kinda follow you and arial you or is that not edgeguardy enough?
I SWEAR TO JEBUS IF ONE MORE PERSON CALLS ME FALSEFALCO /rant

Lol, no one here apprectiates a joke anymore.

My advice would be to practice 3 or 4 hours a day against a good rival, and put on some finger weights. Learn to waveland, tech, and don't go below the stage, Falco has a sucky vertical kill when he can't spike you to the abyss

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Don't go below the stage? why not?
Thanks ;)
But the problem is... I hardly know anyone nearby near my skill. I know another dude, though he's highly above my skill. And after that I need to go to other cities, and I'm just 14 :/

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I SWEAR TO JEBUS IF ONE MORE PERSON CALLS ME FALSEFALCO /rant

Lol, no one here apprectiates a joke anymore.

My advice would be to practice 3 or 4 hours a day against a good rival, and put on some finger weights. Learn to waveland, tech, and don't go below the stage, Falco has a sucky vertical kill when he can't spike you to the abyss

Finger weights?? :confused:

Tell me you're joking? Or is this something that people do, and I really don't know about... >_>

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy, why are you so amazing?

Just heard you got 2nd at a socal tourney, thats crazy impressive. I've been thinking my bowser has been getting pretty good recently, but that news just really set me in check. Thanks for always setting the benchmark for us bowser players and provin that theres always room to get better, even with bowser.

Top Bottom