• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I swear, i am sex candy for gays. I get hit on by so many men, gays ask me how I got game.
for me, it's because I'm a tease and you're an easy target. I imagine it's the same way with all the other gays, either that or their gaydar is pinging like crazy for you. Iunno, don't read too much into gay people hitting on you. Maybe it's that you're just so attractive that all the ladies are intimidated by you...... yeah, that's probably it. :awesome:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
for me, it's because I'm a tease and you're an easy target. I imagine it's the same way with all the other gays, e.aightither that or their gaydar is pinging like crazy for you. Iunno, don't read too much into gay people hitting on you. Maybe it's that you're just so attractive that all the ladies are intimidated by you...... yeah, that's probably it. :awesome:
I hope that if you ever have kids, they come out straight.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm super excited for this New Illmatic footage.

Best be good.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm super excited for this New Illmatic footage.

Best be good.
lol?

this is the only stuff that recorded of me at House of Mouse. No sets of anything got recorded at WHobo 3.

Only matches that I lose gets recorded.

I'm so sad.

z00ted

Guys... I went from being eighth on the Houston tier list four months ago.

HOUSTON's TIER LIST (32 months of brawl)

1. Gnes= :diddy:
2. Ultimate Razer= :snake:
3. Trela= :lucario:
4. Jerm= :toonlink:
5. Ozz= :falco:/:fox:
6. Royr= :marth:
7. Fliphop= :diddy:
8. Illmatic= :peach:
9. Xyro= :samus2:/:rob:
10. Jon= :olimar:/:pit:
10. Smoom== :popo:
Honorable Mention: Pj= :toonlink:
To moving up four spots on the tier list now.

HOUSTON's TIER LIST (36 months of brawl)

1. Ultimate Razer = :snake:
2. Gnes= :diddy:
3. Trela= :lucario:
4. Illmatic= :peach:
5. Jerm= :toonlink:
Honorable Mention= Smoom=:popo:
Yipee!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
K so I actually watched the vids this time since YouTube stopped being silly
Posting here since I want to avoid double posting in the video thread

If you don't mind me saying Ill, you were rather frantic in those matches. Some of those Turnip pulls made me cringe and those forward Glide Tosses...I'm surprised you didn't get F Smashed more for them tbh. I felt that you went a bit auto pilot in those games and as a result got predictable - take last stock on your 1st game for example. Lucario regained the lead (lolaura) and imo, controlled the match very well from then on. Everything you do gets reacted to/countered almost perfectly by Lucario. Your spacing, your recovery, your ledge get-ups, your follow ups...mix it up a little

I like the way you piece strings together but imo, you need to make sure what you're doing is actually safe before carrying it out. I think it would have helped if you'd played safer and camped more - you still had plenty of time left on the clock to have brought things back

Apart from playing safer, the thing I really want to stress is to think more about what Lucario was doing rather than what you were doing. I felt a lot of the time, Lucario knew what you were going to do well in advance and so had ample time to prepare a counter-measure against you. Be sure to think about how Lucario might react if you perform Action X and be sure to have developed either an alternative mix up to throw him off balance or a back up plan for if you go ahead with Action X and it doesn't go quite as according to plan. Also, when you decide to react to something Lucario is doing, always ask yourself 'is what I'm doing safe?'

...sorry. Hope that makes sense, just wanted to throw that out there. Please let me know if you disagree/if I'm talking gibberish.

And congrats on the PR movement :p

z00ted

well... i wasn't really playing dumb - until I started getting greedy for the kill on his second stock.

Then he killed me ... and yeah that's how it usually goes with Lucario.

I need to play like I did against D Disciple on Trela.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Well, you could always watch any vids you have when you did fight him and try apply what you did there next time you fight Tr3la

Of course, if they're vids of you winning then you'll be out of luck :troll:
Were those Marth MM's seriously the only things that got recorded of you at WHOBO 3?

Smoom77

Smash Master
At points like 3:05 on the first match. You just keep waiting for him to fall for repeated fairs (obvious), and you know he'll figure out how to punish it in those few seconds.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ill, against Lucario you want to force him above you in that kind of situation where he's powered up after 100%. He's very dangerous when his feet are planted and he's waiting for you to make a move, especially a top level Lucario with quick reaction time. So...

1. Either don't advance and just shorthop/full jump and toss turnips from a long distance (preferably when he doesn't have AS charged up already) to try and bait him out of a neutral standstill.

or

2. Advance...not with fair, not with float, and usually not with a jump, just walk. From here you have all of your offensive and defensive options available to you (most importantly your shield/powershield). You will also be able to quickly buffer a turnaround jab, d-smash, f-tilt, grab, and so on if he decides to roll behind you; so from here you want to make sure you are at or just a little beyond the tip of his general f-smash range to be able to successfully call the roll.

From this distance you are also able to execute the main move you'll be baiting/powershielding/looking for: a quick dash attack (a grab to u-throw or f-tilt can also apply in some cases, since they serve the same purpose). If you powershield his f-smash/f-tilt/aura sphere...immediately buffer a dash attack during his cooldown. If you regular shield one of his stronger moves...keep your shield up (DON'T drop it) and react depending on what he does next (either spotdodge if he tries to grab/Force Palm you or roll back once he budges). But yes...your main goal when he is at or above 100% is to get him above you so you are able to control the field more accordingly and/or force him offstage if you land a solid hit. Always remember that. And don't fish for kills, you'll get one eventually without having to give him too much free damage dealt to you.

** Also, my favorite thing to do: once you get Lucario offstage, sit tight and pluck a turnip. Time your turnip toss to force an airdodge or something and condition him to recover low. Take the ledge when he gets close and force him to upB onto the stage. Right as he's about to land, ledgefloat onto the stage and from this point you can score a free fair if he's ahead of you, nair if he's aligned with you, or bair to hit him offstage again if you can manage to float ahead of him. If you hit him back off, try to rinse and repeat the situation as much as you can.

This matchup is definitely a challenging one if you allow him to use his reserves to to their full potential, but it's entirely possible to overcome or even prevent one of his comebacks from happening. Just keep it cool.

The best Lucario I've ever had the pleasure of playing was Lee Martin at MLG Columbus (granted it was only a friendly), but I won and he doesn't seem like the type of player to still sandbag when he knows he's getting challenged mid-match. That was the best I've ever played against the matchup for sure. I'm certain you can take Trela out next time Illmatic.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I hope that if you ever have kids, they come out straight.
it is humorous that you actually think this would be a bad thing . . . either way, I will raise them to torment you
so that you can't use the same move twice in a row.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love KB's write-ups. Always practical and to-the-point.

"you have to be evasion"

it is humorous that you actually think this would be a bad thing . . . either way, I will raise them to torment you
so that you can't use the same move twice in a row.
Kyle! I haven't seen you in forever.

Top Bottom