• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My matches? I dont even have recent vids of me up. The last vids of me are from January. Which no one gave a darn about when I posted them. But when the others posted thiers, they got attention. So kinda shows me I am not all that and a bag of chips. I dont have the ability to be good.

So move on to something else I am good at. Like my guitar and drawing,

Purple

Hi guys!
For one, if you're going to quit the game, I don't think you should beat around the bush about it. If you're causing hurt to yourself by having all of these problems and habits, you really should take a break from the game. Just chill and chat with the community and when you feel better give it another shot. Because I'm sure you only have a problem with the game itself, not the community right..? Honestly it just makes me feel bad to see a good player go to waste. You make these huge posts about peach and how to beat certain characters, you have all of this matchup experience, you spend all this time working towards this goal, you get adamant about your character and how she's placed, but all for what? You give up over a problem you have in game, what you need to do is beat yourself down with a stick until you stop doing it if it means that much to you. I'm being literal about this. The main reason people have habits is because their mind tells them the most logical option is that 'habit'. Usually it's because you actually aren't thinking with your head. Talk to yourself while you play, talk to yourself about what your opponent's doing, as if you're not playing the game at all, and instead you're spectating it, you'll find yourself catching your mistakes extremely quickly, and you're paying attention to the game more.

Anyways, if you really want to quit over your mental block, go for it. In the end, brawl isn't something that you should be basing a career off of, it's something you should be doing for a fun time, which isn't happening when you're stressed. I had a situation just like you did, I didn't feel like playing the game, and I would rather draw and learn other games competitively. However, while I was having an hiatus with brawl, I realized that i love actually talking about the game, and just being social with players. Which brought me (to an extent) to this board and is why I'm so active in it, it's something I enjoy, but I also end up learning about matchups and how to play Peach, and my Peach gets better for it.

Honestly, I don't know where I'm going with this, just have fun dude. I don't personally know you, but I'm assuming you're really good with the guitar and good at art. Keep at it if you like it, drop it if you don't. Enjoy yourself to the fullest, if you have the urge to play peach again, come back to the gaming community. We will surely miss you if you quit y'know. Also, don't think so much about the win in brawl, think more about the experience, enjoying the rush of the game, learning something new, etc. Those are the things you really should be enjoying..

To be perfectly honest though, about the peach videos thing, I don't really watch matches with peach, they ****ing take forever. I'd only watch them IRL if I'm rooting a friend on.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm not telling you to do anything... >.> Just my opinion. Have fun with whatever you're doing X_X

Holy crap, that came off really rude. I'm going to re-write

Purple

Hi guys!
Be ride? lol

I'm Roxy, I just started coming here a couple of days ago, but for the past two days you've been bugged about quitting.

Also, I re-wrote it, because I really didn't mean to come off as a mean person, so if you want to re-read you can.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I should be an actr. Make people lagh and amke monie.

Juilet, julet. where ort tho Peach!.

see, I an god funny actor

Metatitan

Smash Master
u guys need to help me with the peach match up LOL SERIOUSLY XD
im guessing most of u watched my set against leon ? o.o
Just fair more - I don't understand why you stopped after it worked five consecutive times.
No no no no! Marth's Fair is good but Fairing more won't help, a missed Fair is a free Bair for peach (or Nair if she's close enough and shields it). It's about spacing your Fairs, being more careful about them and looking at what the peach is doing. If she's facing you then unless she has a turnip, Fair is a lot safer since you won't have to worry about an OoS Bair or her Bair punishing you. If she's pretty much trying to just punish your Fairs with her back towards you then you Nair.

Of course there's much more detail but I just wanted to point out that "Just fair more" won't work xD. It's about the quality, not quantity :)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey Dark, I'm good! Really excited about my Peach. Just doing some good old fashioned video watching, trying to learn from other Peach players, taking note of my bad habits, etc.

Purple

Hi guys!
Dark.Pch, you really shouldn't drink so much, especially while posting, you already said it was a problem before, yet you're doing it again today :/

Purple

Hi guys!
Just curious, 1 Lucky Pikachu, were you a pikachu main before?

You should play video games, that makes things better! ^^

By any chance do you guys have skype?

Top Bottom