• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How exactly do you propose one nerfs Valkenhayn effectively, while still keeping him playable? (As in, not trash tier)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would be fine with him being in trash tier.

But seriously, just give him actual repercussions for using wolf meter. It's ridiculously difficult to deplete it, like Kokonoe and her graviton gauge you can play normally and pretty much never worry about it going out.

Like wind/gravity well/spark bolt, gauges should be valuable resources.

(but I really would be fine with him just being bottom tier)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's good that a balance patch is coming out, I think. And it's also my guess that it'll probably adjust some things with say, Valk, Kokonoe, and Hakumen, while probably doing nothing to nerf Litchi. I don't know what exactly I'd want them to change on Noel, since I'll likely have to re-learn things due to combos not working anymore (though honestly, I would do that anyway, and a small thing like that's nothing overall).

Oh, and of course they'll take the nerf-hammer to Tsubaki, Makoto, and Izayoi with it because why the hell not.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
May is a great time for it. Good to know it will be out before Evo and CEO.

I'm going back to focusing on Kokonoe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sounds like a pretty major change overall, is it really just a "patch"?

Looking forward to playing against Kokonoe in the meantime. I really want to land this stuff in a real game.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
When Continuum Shift was patched to CS2 there were some big changes, I know at least Tao gained a new air normal. Looks like we will go through something similar.

I'm really glad I imported now, no need for me to worry about Arcsys possibly repeating the NA +R patch fiasco.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Double post because change list. Take with a grain of salt, anything can change.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...ssion/page45&p=1597054&viewfull=1#post1597054
- Playstation 3 patch planned for around May
- There will be no loke tests
- No cross play with PS3 and Vita versions Online Lobbies ...But Ranked/Player Matches do work
- DLC characters available on Vita version from the start
All chars will be available in arcade, but Terumi and Kokonoe will still be DLC for Vita (and for PS3 after patch). DLC is shared between Vita and PS3 versions.
- Command problems fixed
- If you walk forward and input 236, you now get 236 move out.
This should be 623. walk>623 = 623, walk>41236 = 236
- If you walf forward and input 41236 you get 236 move.
- Basicly, the characters who posses reversals got nerfed, and the ones without reversals have been buffed.
This is more of a "general idea" kind of thing, and shouldn't be taken at face value.
- Recoveries and invincibilities of character's backsteps have been tuned do decrease the amount of "negative movement" you're able to do.
This is wrong. Basically they thought the backstep abilities and negative resist differed too much between chars, so they decreased the "variance" in properties by a bit.

- Bang's Iron Storm's command changed from the new one (41236A) back to the previous command from BBEX (632146B)
- Tsubaki's charge command move (Yami wo Ugatsu Agari) changed to a normal command. They don't say what the new command is...

Kokonoe:

- Damage nerfed
They don't explicitly mention damage nerfs for moves, just combo rate and reduced revolver action.
- Restrictions added to Kokonoe's combo rate and revolver action
- Guard now reacts to Activate so now cross-ups with it anymore.
What they meant is that the pushing activation for Graviton only has a hitbox during combos now, not during blockstrings or otherwise.
- "Equipment No08 Flying Greed Climb Ver. 1.00" added
To clarify, they added a new DD
- Overdrive versions added for other distortions

Kagura:

- It becomes a bit more difficult to punish Kagura on block.
- Mid screen damage nerfed. Now needs a bit better situations for good damage.
The above two bullet points are refering explicitly to his "Black Gale" move. They made it slightly harder to punish, and in exchange made the conditions for getting good damage off of it slightly more restrictive.
- It's more easier to swing his C moves (both start up and recovery are now faster?)
Basically, what this means is that his motions for C moves aren't quite as large anymore. They're still large compared to other cast members, but it's been toned down a bit. (a little ambiguous if this refers to startup/recovery, or hitboxes)

Terumi:
- Garengeki made long combos too easy.
To clarify, they've made adjustments to it. I'm guessing shorter or more situation-dependant combos.
- Has "few" new moves added
- Orochi now has a low variant. But its start up is slow enough for it to be reacted and blocked.
- So, and since the B Orochi is an overhead, you can now do 50/50 mix-up with B Orochi and the new version.
- Anti-aerial version of Jarin Renshouga added. OD version is unblockable
- Time when you can cancel his specials with distortions has increased
- Jagaku can now be DD cancelled even when first hit is blocked.
To clarify, they've added more DD cancel points in his specials (not "time" per se). The Jagaku thing above is an example.
- So you can now close with Jagaku and throw 50/50 of two Orochis

Izayoi and Bullet has a lot of changes

Izayoi:
- Izayoi's combos are now bit more difficult, but cancelable moves has increased and revolver action is now easier to connect.
This is incorrect. They were thinking that even her BnBs were sort of hard, so they've added more cancels and made the revolver actions connect easier.
- More differences between her modes.
- Gain Art mode's "Hover Dash" can now be used in air. Movement is reverse from the ground version (from high to the ground) and stick can be used to control its movement.
- Aerial backstep also changed to the same as her ground backstep, where she floats diagonally backwards
- Sonic Saber now costs 2 blocks (previously 1)
- Mirage Thruster now costs 1 block (previously 2)
- Combining new hover dash and Mirage Thruster creates interesting movement.

Bullet:

- Miquilette Capture and 3C changed so you can get close to zoners.
- the amount of pressure she can do has increased
- 5C chargeable. Normal version is more compact than the currect one so really safe on block. Charged one is the old one. Knockdown on hit.
They don't mention anything about "knockdown on hit" unless I missed it.
- 5B can be used to pile up block stun.
What they meant with this and the stuff above is that 5B>5C (uncharged) is a legit blockstring.
- You can now use Blackout is now useable with no meter, if you have 2 heat levels

The change to Kokonoe's graviton activate is big, hopefully her revolver actions will not get hit too hard. Otherwise, I approve of a reduced combo rate, and lol at a new super. Looking forward to what arcade Koko will be like.

Also sad at Izayoi's D sonic saber change, but love the Mirage thruster change along with everything else.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Playing Kokonoe is less of a sin than playing Arakune.

I don't care if he's awful, I feel no remorse when throwing all of the fireballs at him.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I will say this, at least Arakune's new 12k combo doesn't take forever.

How did I ever live with that hitstop? D:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's like playing underwater.
On a side note, when putting google translate on some Japanese tweets talking about how it feels on laggy netplay, it gave me the term "tropical massages".

Literal translation or way off base, I like it.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/13/arc...oming-blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-patch/

Translated.

So, Kokonoe, what's going to happen to you? I really don't know what to expect.
Combo rate down from 80% to 70%.
Graviton activate and teleport position nerfs are unfortunate, can't say I'm looking forward to fighting Mu with those.
6B can only follow up 5/2A, but can cancel into 5/3C. Uncharged forces crouch. Hmm, don't know what to think about this.
"Jump C – Can now be blocked while crouching" Damn, there goes Kokonoe's good mix up.
j.2C moves upward. wat.
236C now will automatically go into her new super if she has 50 meter, don't know what the new super does.
Black hole. I don't even know, seems harder to land, but it doesn't say anything about the damage.

On the bright side, her neutral game hasn't really been hurt outside of graviton activate. Her damage is probably still going to be pretty good too. I don't think she will be awful.

Edit: thinking over it a little more, I'm not worried at all. It's all pretty reasonable, and she's still going to be good imo.

Izayoi looks fun.

Last edited:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Makoto got nothing relevant (maybe even more of a nerf).

Expected/10 I guess. -sigh-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Azrael is a bad character so I'm glad they're giving him some buffs to better compete with unfair characters that deserved some nerfs such as Kagura and Tager.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kokonoe will be fine, they didn't nerf enough about her imo.

Rachel changes are pointless.

Very few OD changes in general which is kind of annoying.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Koko seems fairer at least. It doesn't seem like she got the CS1 Rachel treatment, though I guess time will tell.

I like all the changes that I've seen so far, they seem rather sensible this time around.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What, her pressure and mix ups have been nerfed into the ground, what more do you want to take from her?
She gets a crouching combo with 6b now, that's not really a nerf at all. She'll probably be able to get a combo off of j.2c CH now, and black hole was basically not changed at all. It's sliiiightly harder to hit with now, that's basically it. and there's an OD version now, so I can't wait for that to do 4k raw.

only real nerfs are graviton activate and gatlings/combo rate. She'll still be easily top tier.

oh, and teleport. No more auto crossups from across the screen.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
woops, didn't mean to make a double post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom