• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I believe I said this before, but the arcade lobbies are the greatest online matchmaking system in any fighting game.

It needs to become a standard option in every fighting game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The arcade lobbies also keep track of the current station holder's winstreak, lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My arcade Rachel avatar gets to go around with a cowboy hat looking all cool. I'd say that alone was worth it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato and Livewire.

I still can't win against Minato.

Poor Livewire was stuck in Kokonoe hell. :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Rutger and Livewire. Was a lot of fun.

Rutger. I think you're improving. It's just you'll need to hit training mode more and learn her optimal combos for 6B starter, 5C CH, and corner stuff.

6B > 22A > 6[A] > 2C > 6C > jC > j6D > Activate > 6B > 22A > 6[A] > 6[ B] > 236B > 5C 3.5k

Corner Carry: 5C (CH) > (dash in) > 2C > 6C > jB (2) > jC > j6D > Activate > 236B > 5C 3.9k
Damage: 5C (CH) > (dash in) > 2C > 6C > jB (2) > j2C > 5A > 5B > 6A > 22A > 6[A] > 6[ B] > 236B > 5C 4.6k

Corner combos you just need to find ways to set up 236B.
Corner Throw combo is: Throw > 9D > 2C > Activate > 22B > 5B > 5C > 6[A] > 6 [ B]> 236B > 5C 4.1k

Livewire Be careful of your inputs. I lost count on how many run up 6Cs you did. And don't use 6C as an anti air for Noel. Same goes for working on your hit confirming. Noel has good 2As and a 2B (which can frame trap or combo into itself by 2B > 2B). Most of your starters end up being 6C or drive spam. Also it looks like you got that Spring Raid RC combo down, but there's probably better uses for meter.

I'm still working on my BBCP Noel, so I won't be able to give you a list of combos to work on.

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Thanks, I think I may get overly cautious of using 5B as a starter, and since 6A is slower than 6C, I've been trying to phase out using it as an anti-air. Also, I could be wrong but...I don't think I did a single Thor the entire lobby? I'm not sure why, but using 2B as a poke and not something just in combos is taking some getting used to, even though I've come to see it's properties.

And holy hell that Kokonoe offense always gets me. I swear I can see that wrench overhead coming a mile away, yet my hands just go "nope". I still have to figure out dealing with the drill hammers too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
6A is slower, but has 6-11f Head invulnerability (most moves from the air are head attribute). So technically, it's 2F faster and avoids trades.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks, I think I may get overly cautious of using 5B as a starter, and since 6A is slower than 6C, I've been trying to phase out using it as an anti-air. Also, I could be wrong but...I don't think I did a single Thor the entire lobby? I'm not sure why, but using 2B as a poke and not something just in combos is taking some getting used to, even though I've come to see it's properties.

And holy hell that Kokonoe offense always gets me. I swear I can see that wrench overhead coming a mile away, yet my hands just go "nope". I still have to figure out dealing with the drill hammers too.
Like Aisight said, 6A does have head invul properties and it comes at a decent time, so it's suitable for anti airing. 6C doesn't have that, and the startup for 6C is for the first hit of it. The second hit (the projectile) comes out a bit later make it even slower. There's also the fact that in midscreen, you can't get a combo off of it while 6A can land you possibly 3-4k or so.

6C is damaging as a starter, but don't take the term too literal. You shouldn't be using them to start your offense. You can frame trap and do 6C. If they get hit, confirm off of it and get good damage. If they don't, gatling into 2C, giving you frame advantage, and try to get back in.

You'll want to poke with 2As or so and threat me that way. The higher you go up the chain A > B > C, the less options you'll have on resetting pressure.
There's also the fact that you can threaten the opponent with a high/low/throw if you're pressuring with A or B normals.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I joined someone's lobby and after a game of my using Stylish mode he switched to Unlimited on me.

It got me depressed enough to go back to grinding Challenge missions.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I joined someone's lobby and after a game of my using Stylish mode he switched to Unlimited on me.

It got me depressed enough to go back to grinding Challenge missions.

Lmao, that's actually kind of funny someone tried that. And I think the 5C and backdash changes could be good for little things.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I didn't do so hot at my last tourney I went to. But I'm kinda tempted to focus on just BlazBlue and stuff for a while. But we need a scene here. ffff

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Aisight said:
[6:17:34 PM] 程峰: Azrael mirrors are pretty DBZ
[6:17:50 PM] 程峰: you call out the backdash with forward dash and it's like LET US FIGHT IN ANOTHER LOCATION
Excellent.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Sounds like I'm missing out on something good.
I'd call Tao mirrors more DBZ, I'm pretty sure the ground doesn't actually exist in that matchup.

Azrael mirrors are pre-flight Dragon Ball.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sounds like I'm missing out on something good.
I'd call Tao mirrors more DBZ, I'm pretty sure the ground doesn't actually exist in that matchup.

Azrael mirrors are pre-flight Dragon Ball.
You should join the Skype chat, Rutger.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
[2:51:41 PM] Lythium: https://twitter.com/27CansOfTuna/status/445677954555576320/photo/1
[2:51:45 PM] Lythium: AZRAEL~
[2:51:56 PM] 程峰: oh god
[2:52:00 PM | Edited 2:52:05 PM] DRB | Raziek: well that was less safe than expected to click in class
[2:52:02 PM] 程峰: I should be wary of these links while at work
[2:52:07 PM] Lythium: GOMEN
[2:52:10 PM] 程峰: LOL
[2:52:18 PM] 程峰: Lythium with the double kill
[2:52:20 PM] DRB | Raziek: Aisight and I got hella bodied
[2:52:27 PM] Ron Ron: i clicked it in the library
[2:52:28 PM] Ron Ron: :/
[2:52:32 PM] Lythium: orz
[2:52:32 PM] 程峰: TRIPLE KILL

Top Bottom