• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, i understand. :) there are a lot of times i just went for a simple air combo with rachel instead of lv2 top because i wasn't sure if i'd be able to pull it off.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, i understand. :) there are a lot of times i just went for a simple air combo with rachel instead of lv2 top because i wasn't sure if i'd be able to pull it off.
What I don't get is how the hell I was able to get the Hell's Fang -> D.ID link in the corner on your Jin. I've NEVER done that before. But I goofed it up at the end. Probably because I was flipping out realizing "HOLY **** I ACTUALLY DID IT--oh i dropped it"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good games, Spelt! A lot of those matches were pretty close. I'd hafta say the Rachel vs. Ragna ones were my favorite though. That one stupid time I just kept running into your attacks as you fired them at me. "**** I'll get there eventually--DAMNIT"
You're supposed to bulldog your way in by running and blocking. Don't try to be a sponge and yolo in XD
Yeah I know. But in netplay I'm scared of dropping the combo if I go for 5B instead. For some reason it happens to me after landing a j.C. I know I could go for 5B -> 6A -> GH (1st) -> 5A etc.etc.

But in all seriousness though I should have been trying to land it more, so you're right.
Spelt said CH j.C starter. So just 6C. I think hit confirming j.C should be important to get used to. Chances are they either got CHed or was crouching which means combo into 6C.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I forget (and this is horrible of me to say as a Ragna main) but CH j.C forces crouch I'm guessing? /...not embarrassed at all nope

As for being a sponge and yolo in. ... damnit it sounds so funny in my head. And kind of makes me think of Ragna in general. He doesn't give a **** and neither should I. /I say as I proceed to lose

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I forget (and this is horrible of me to say as a Ragna main) but CH j.C forces crouch I'm guessing? /...not embarrassed at all nope

As for being a sponge and yolo in. ... damnit it sounds so funny in my head. And kind of makes me think of Ragna in general. He doesn't give a **** and neither should I. /I say as I proceed to lose
CH j.C does not, but you should be doing 6C as you land since there's enough hitstun from the CH to make it connect.
Just like how 5C CH leads into 6C, standing or not.

As Ragna, I just dash barrier in ever few moments. Getting hit by pumpkin then ending up in the corner after the hitconfirm hurts.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
BTW, with +R eventually coming to consoles and Xrd being announced, if anyone wants to get into GG, I'm willing to train/play (psn)/teach/talk to help them learn GG or get better at it. Offer's just on the table since I know some people never got into it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
BTW, with +R eventually coming to consoles and Xrd being announced, if anyone wants to get into GG, I'm willing to train/play (psn)/teach/talk to help them learn GG or get better at it. Offer's just on the table since I know some people never got into it.
Question. Did you suspect I'd be the first to jump at the opportunity? I absolutely suck at Guilty Gear right now. Gotta get used to the button placement.

I'll be learning both Sol Badguy and Order Sol respectively. All I know about Order Sol (which I should just read over at Dustloop for more info) is that he's a charge/install-type character with that Sol flare.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Question. Did you suspect I'd be the first to jump at the opportunity? I absolutely suck at Guilty Gear right now. Gotta get used to the button placement.

I'll be learning both Sol Badguy and Order Sol respectively. All I know about Order Sol (which I should just read over at Dustloop for more info) is that he's a charge/install-type character with that Sol flare.
I expected no one to post tbh lol. And, imo, GG's easy to get into than BB in some ways, so you'll be able to catch on quick until you're worried about some of the really complex stuff. Gonna just use collapse tag since it's off topic.

Sol's easier to learn than HOS, especially for you right now. HOS involves holding the Dust button at times to prevents using your charged stocks until you need to. Basic parts of Sol is rushdown and pressure. Tick throw into his command grab and learn side winder loops (you'll learn to improvise to keep them as low as possible) for the easy damage. You're going to have to space it perfectly for that wallbounce Clean Hit though.

If you're poking with normals from afar, end with 2S to reduce lag to run back in. This is similar to doing 214D with HOS. In AC you really can't do much with pokes besides using meter for Fafnir (+R he has a meterless version) and it's really good. You're going to want to combo into 2D and do FRC Gunflame for an oki mixup into good damage. That's pretty much Sol, imo. Just have good fundamentals and learn some blockstrings. Most important FRC to learn is Gunflame to approach or do oki and that's it (FRCs aren't hard, just muscle memory).

I guess people can PM me if they want indepth stuff.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've been playing Guilty Gear the past few days. I'm done for today but I'll probably be playing for a few weeks.

Unless something changed, I believe +R will add lobbies, can't wait for that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I kind of wish the camera wasn't moving all over the place.

Still, cool to see the new characters.

D

Deleted member

Huh.

So it seems we have a release date for the anime, this Autumn season.
Neat.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's pretty cool, but Aksys publishes all kinds of stuff, not just Arc games.

It would be awesome if they had some FGs there, but hard to say if that will actually be the case.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Finally played this offline again yesterday. I could zone properly, oki/rushdown on point, and my defense was rather good.
Made me realize how much online cripples my Rachel (or me in general) :ohwell:

I had more fun in BB than I had for the longest time. Guess using my main makes that much of a difference.

D

Deleted member

Same with Mu, but eventually, you could pay $2 to unlock her instead of playing story mode.
You sure?

I've played both CSII and Extend and Mu was unlocked in both.

Unless you mean, she's locked in CP, in which case, never mind.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I realize this is a SUPREMELY niche request, but here goes:

I'm designing a BlazBlue mafia set-up for D-Games. I'm looking for people familiar with mafia (ideally) as well as BlazBlue flavor, who DO NOT have any interest in actually joining the game (likely run in 8-10 months) who are willing to help me design roles that fit as well as possible with flavor.

I have about half the set-up designed already, but I'd be happy to have more sets of eyes to help out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, anybody up for any games this weekend? I'll probably be on tonight if the thunderstorm that's coming back doesn't kick my internet and make me go to XCOM again, and I can always use more UMAD practice.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, anybody up for any games this weekend? I'll probably be on tonight if the thunderstorm that's coming back doesn't kick my internet and make me go to XCOM again, and I can always use more UMAD practice.
I suppose I'll be on tonight.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sorry about dodging, Minato. My internet was being really weird and I didn't want to waste your time by spending ages trying to joing/make/remake rooms.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So apparently Kagura has a story mode after the game's "true ending".
That's cool I guess, but when's Kokonoe :crying:

I'll take Nine and Jubei first. Then we'll have the complete Six Heroes set (unless you wanna count Trinity's true body)

After that, we can get Kokonoe.

IMO, the final BlazBlue count for Chrono Phantasma's Console release should be,

- Bullet
- Azrael
- Amane
- Izayoi
- Yuuki Terumi
- Kagura
- Nine
- Jubei
- Saya

Between now and the console version's release, that leaves us time for one/two more trailers. First trailer details Nine and Jubei as playable characters. Final trailer gives us a detailing of the other characters in the game, info on the story mode, etc., then at the very end of the trailer, SURPRISE!! SAYA (IMPERATOR) TIME *******!!!

Hey I got lucky with the Guilty Gear Xrd announcement, but I doubt I'll be right about this one. But it might be cool. :p

[EDIT]

Thinking about it, asking for this many more new characters isn't that much of a stretch. Considering that from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift's games we got...

- Tsubaki
- Hazama
- Mu-12
- Makoto
- Valkenhayn
- Platinum
- Relius

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not sure why you guys are so hell-bent on Kokonoe. (or so it seems)

I mean, is she even EVER alluded to as having any actual combat ability? A Nox Nyctores? Oogly-boogly Boundary powers?

Like, are you expecting her to literally "science" herself up a play-style?

I mean, I'm being a Debbie Downer here, but I would expect Jubei, Nine, Torakaka and probably even a few more characters before she's ever playable. I mean, they went ahead and added 4 completely original characters for Chrono Phantasma, then decided we needed Hazama 2.0 and Tsubaki 2.0.

If that doesn't scream "low priority", I don't know what does.

Edit: Nice ninja! You said basically the same thing I did, except I didn't make looney predictions! :p

Top Bottom