• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone else considering buying the CP Limited edition from Japan for Rachel (and the artbook? and OST)

cuz holy crap grabby handsssss

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
>"should have been playing more extend"
>doesn't join extend lobby

lel Livewire.

Silly Lythi, my friend's lobby was an Extend lobby too. But seriously, I probably should have stuck around in there a bit instead of leaving after like a minute, which I'll do if they ever decide to remake the room and do it again at a later date since I probably could have gotten a lot of different character experience from it instead of just vs Platinum and vs Ragna stuff that I tend to run into anyway. It kinda might have been good for UMAD training.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It was fun. After the room closed up I played a whole bunch of Ragna mirrors with XDest. We did an Inferno Divider ladder mid-match. It was beautiful. ..and hilarious.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've been on, but I've been having weird internet problems playing BB. And crap, the Last Chance Qualifier is tonight? Gah, it doesn't start till 11:30 here and I'll be out all weekend, oh well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Me hosting 3 Canadians was a bad idea lol. Plus my internet is acting up it seems like.
I have to go eat dinner anyways, so GGs.

I told you I can't play Rachel online lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think CP I'm going to pretty much use Rachel 90 percent of the time online. It feels so sad not being confident with my main.
And tomorrow, I'll be entering BB, GG, and P4A (possible Vampire as well) so if today was any indication, that will go terribly.

And feel free to add my other PSN, it's Rhapzody_
People don't know me on other forums when I use my other account which is why I'm using this one sometimes.

Edit: And Kuraudo, don't RC Hells Fang, too much proration. RC 2D. In the corner it also gives you full damage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I played some more BB before the stream started and I was wondering, how much does lag affect you guys?

I feel like lag affects me way too much, even if it's a little bit. Online in general probably since I've been losing to netplay tactics today. :(

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lag affects me if i switch between online and offline a lot. Even if I go from online to offline I'll start dropping the combos offline because i'm to used the lag. If I only play online then I don't have much trouble, unless the connection is awful.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I "liked" your salt about lag, Minato, because I personally don't like netplay. It gives you a lot of bad habits for stuff that you do offline. You kinda gotta train yourself for both, and I'd much rather be better at offline play versus netplay.

Smooth Criminal

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Full to half screen run up grab as oki just makes me depressed, especially when I know I teched it lol. It throws me off trying to hit people after they tech too since I'm so bad at meaties online. I need to work on focusing on countering things that I know wouldn't work offline.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol so ryuusei and tetsu qualified... this mean there are now 6 jins.

also i think tetsu is in n-o's bracket. :( he's never gonna make it out of there...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I played some more BB before the stream started and I was wondering, how much does lag affect you guys?

I feel like lag affects me way too much, even if it's a little bit. Online in general probably since I've been losing to netplay tactics today. :(
I dislike netplay in general. Usually instead of focusing on the match, I have to focus on compensating for lag. Plus, I feel like I get blown up by things that I wouldn't offline, because lag won't permit me to react appropriately, even if it's something really obvious.

I'm lucky enough to have some local people that I can play against pretty frequently, so netplay doesn't come up too often. If it was my only choice, then I'm sure I would just learn to deal with it, but switching back and forth is a pain, that's for sure. Even switching between different TVs and stuff is kind of a pain, haha.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Since I forgot to mention it last night on account of feeling kinda out of it, GGs last night to Minato and Kuraudo. And sorry if my PSN friends for some reason wound up messing up the room connection.

D

Deleted member

Neat, we're finally getting a Blazblue anime. Who's animating it? Gonzo?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll continue to keep on believing in N-O lol
Since I forgot to mention it last night on account of feeling kinda out of it, GGs last night to Minato and Kuraudo. And sorry if my PSN friends for some reason wound up messing up the room connection.
GGs, and no, it wasn't that. I'm pretty sure it's my side as well. And I'm more frustrated about what online players usually do, haha.
Neat, we're finally getting a Blazblue anime. Who's animating it? Gonzo?
No one knows. It better not be Gonzo though. The only thing that looked nice from them were CT opening and Strike Witches.

D

Deleted member

No one knows. It better not be Gonzo though. The only thing that looked nice from them were CT opening and Strike Witches.
Afro Samurai?

Also, the Gantz anime LOOKED pretty good (Story was **** though).

What if we got Ufotable? FateZero was beautiful and a great adaptation of the LN. Plus it means we'll get a focus on Ragna's suffering.

Anyway, its kinda moot who animates it if it doesn't get a decent budget. Think it'll be an OVA or a 12 Ep cour?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I try not to use netplay tactics online, hence why I don't use half/fullscreen run up and throw. I learned that 2B is a good approach along with 5A, and if I'll throw it'll be after a block string or a 5A/2A or something. I know that by comparison to other characters, Ragna isn't effected too much on netplay, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to try other stuff. Next thing for me is the IAD Crossup ID and use 2D into rapid instead of Hell's Fang into rapid. lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, N-O has a 74% win rate against Tao and Tsujikawa has a 62% win rate again rachel. :dizzy: It could really go either way but he can do it, imo. I'm more worried about how he'll do against Dogura if that match ends up happening. There was an A-cho with just them playing and N-O struggled.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm surprised how well he can fight Tsujikawa's Tao, but yeah, it can really go either way this time. Excited to see Dogura since I like Azrael, but I like Daiwa too.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, pretty exciting top 8 overall. I was expecting at least 3 Valkenhayns, lol. Kinda sad no Jins got through though...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Aw dang. Oh well. thanks for the heads up, Minato! In that case... I'm banking on Azrael to take it. If only for the epic beatdowns.

And this is just personal for me, but there is something annoying about the way that Tao fights. Like, bar none, she's just...annoying to fight. Her combos, her...blargh. Ah well. Congrats to all who advanced. Competition is tough after all! GET HYPE!!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find quite a few characters more aggravating to fight than Tao.

I'm sure that number will go up with CP, as well.

Top Bottom