• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This begs the question...If Spark is Goku and goes Super Saiyan when he gets knocked into Loser's, then is Biter Vegeta?
Nah. Spark's team isn't even good guys. Spark is Cell and then you've got 17 and 18. You just happened to see Biter come out and be Super 17 for a little while. I mean, did you SEE his face? Looked like he was going to crush Dacid beneath his heel.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah. Spark's team isn't even good guys. Spark is Cell and then you've got 17 and 18. You just happened to see Biter come out and be Super 17 for a little while. I mean, did you SEE his face? Looked like he was going to crush Dacid beneath his heel.
Don't be silly, we all know Xie is genie-Buu.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Didn't realize it until someone mentioned it at the tourney yesterday. BB is one of the most disrespectful fighters in this gen. lol

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wish people were more disrespectful against my Relius. It's hard to hit anyone that knows to just keep blocking. :mad088:

As much as I want that amazing unused pocket knife attack, I want a better overhead more.

But I'm not playing many fighters, so I'd like to know what you mean by that as well Minato.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, Minato, they said on stream that they would be doing a Singles tourney that they'd be streaming today, any idea when that's gonna go up (if you're not already there, lol)? And in case he is...anybody else have an idea?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think levelup was only scheduled to be there yesterday so idk if it'll be streamed

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Disrespectful as in after wakeup or just after teching. BB and SF4, you'll see the majority of players just mashing. You rarely see the majority people just learn to block on the way down or getting up.
You can even test it out on people that play the game often. After an opponent air techs a combo, just watch them. They'll always be hitting buttons on the way down, mashing 2A/throw/DP, etc.

Obviously this isn't prominent at high level play.

Compared to other fighters, you'll see it a lot less. I'm not saying that mashing is unbeatable or even good, but rather that you'll see it often in this game.
So, Minato, they said on stream that they would be doing a Singles tourney that they'd be streaming today, any idea when that's gonna go up (if you're not already there, lol)? And in case he is...anybody else have an idea?
I actually won't be going. It should be starting at 5 PST or so if things start on time though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I can understand that, I'm pretty guilty with using a j.B after an air tech.

Though it's sometimes just lag. :/

I'm pretty bad with wakeup throws too...

My new favorite thing is to 2C fatal counter Hazama out of his 214D~A. No respect at all. :3

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I think the more prominent mashing comes from the fact that for most of the cast, 2a is gonna be the oki.

Compared to GG or Melty and such, those games have meaty okis like long lasting normals or projectiles. If everyone had oki similar to CS2 makoto orb or Mu's ...uh, satellites (?), everyone would probably be more respectful. 2a doesn't look nearly as threatening as those kinds of setups. Marvel has tons of assist meaties where you don't ever want to mash on wakeup too.

I'm guilty of mashing when someone drops an air combo and I air tech because I think to myself, "hey maybe I can capitalize on their mistake"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know I mash way too much in this game and it's become a really bad habit.
Not the mashing to make my opponent respect my wakeup options when I have meter, but the ones where I really shouldn't be mashing at all in a situation.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So far, I've been focusing solely on Makoto so idk how it is for other characters, but Makoto's combos are all ridiculously tight now for some reason.

Did everyone become harder or is this just another hit to Makoto? Also, I learned a new joke today: Parry.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I found 66 2D after 5D to be pretty tight now. It'll definitely be the hardest part of the combo for me :|.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Disrespectful as in after wakeup or just after teching. BB and SF4, you'll see the majority of players just mashing.
Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, I would agree with that.

Even when people play against characters with good oki, I'm just like, okay, you're supposed to block that, but I guess I'll take that extra bit of damage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone plays Rachel, j.C is like a free reset after an air combo online lol. Most of the time you'll get a CH.

Also, I've been facing quite a bit of Ragnas. DP with 50 meter is really scary. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So in what I THINK is a "woo!" moment, I checked Amazon.ca and my copy of Extend was "attempted delivered" to the Post Office in town at 10AM, and was last updated status wise as "In Transit". Pretty much that means it's like, in town, and hopefully when I go to the Post Office in 20-30 minutes, I'll finally get to play online with you guys again. And...if not, then I guess I'll have to painfully wait until tomorrow.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Phone the PO first. Don't get your hopes up because drivers love putting that notice at your door saying that your package will get to the PO a day later.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anyone plays Rachel, j.C is like a free reset after an air combo online lol. Most of the time you'll get a CH.

Also, I've been facing quite a bit of Ragnas. DP with 50 meter is really scary. :(
I do this all the time but usually they're too high, and if I wait for them to fall down a little bit they'll just airdash out before I can get them.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Phone the PO first. Don't get your hopes up because drivers love putting that notice at your door saying that your package will get to the PO a day later.

Naah, luckily the LE came today. Granted, box bent a little in the middle and a bit of a crushed flap, but it came. Ahh...now to realize I have to print out a bunch of combos, and then get online with it later tonight.

Suck it haters. :bee:

Top Bottom