• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's cool.

I could play some Valk and Tao, I haven't really messed with them much in ex so it would put us on about the same level.

I'll probably be on for the next hour or so, so if you show up within that time we can play.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, after playing this for an hour tonight, I realized "Oh right, I don't know any combos at ALL".

In funny news though, I randomly busted out Bang in practice for 5 minutes, set up a bumper, airdashed backwards off it, and got a negative warning. :smirk:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, after playing this for an hour tonight, I realized "Oh right, I don't know any combos at ALL".

In funny news though, I randomly busted out Bang in practice for 5 minutes, set up a bumper, airdashed backwards off it, and got a negative warning. :smirk:
Bang: not for the faint of negative warning'd heart lol

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Got Extend today! It feels more different than I had anticipated though... it feels better.

Rachel is not so changed (love the new j.2c, hate the new 6b) but ****, Litchi got changed a lot. Again @_@

:052:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
How are there even 8 pages of combos for one character. Wut.

Are you printing out raw transcripts of combos despite several combos using the same section of attacks? Totally impractical combos? DOUBLE SPACED 20 FONT?!

I know only like 10 combos on CS2 Makoto and like 4 combos with CS2 Noel. `-`

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah you usually only need to know a few combos, and then the general idea of how the character's combos work will come to you naturally and then you can figure out the random bits (like general proration, what ender you should do off what hit, etc) when the time comes.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How are there even 8 pages of combos for one character. Wut.

Are you printing out raw transcripts of combos despite several combos using the same section of attacks? Totally impractical combos? DOUBLE SPACED 20 FONT?!

I know only like 10 combos on CS2 Makoto and like 4 combos with CS2 Noel. `-`

Well, I always have it so it includes notation key, special/distortion/astrals, important notes (such as 'only works on x'), etc with the combos. Oh, and it's in Verdana, font size 9.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I still can't imagine 8 pages for combos.

I even took a look at the Noel combo thread, it's only two posts.
Even then much of it just lists the starters without giving any combos for them.

Are you printing out the whole thread? :054:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I usually just learn 6 combos for a character lol. I worry more about learning my matchups and setups.
Plus after playing a character for almost 3 years, it's not hard to see what my character does in match videos.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Do you type out all your directionals or something? Down, down+right, right A (optic barrel)? Do you include the proration of each attack in the combo to explain why it's hitting?

If your notes consist of the 5 other pages then that's okay. Otherwise, wut.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't need a list of combos for Relius. His combos are so simple. :/

But if I ever do, the Relius board has a nice thread, four posts and that's it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Do you type out all your directionals or something? Down, down+right, right A (optic barrel)? Do you include the proration of each attack in the combo to explain why it's hitting?

If your notes consist of the 5 other pages then that's okay. Otherwise, wut.

Oh, I don't type it out. It's copied/pasted from the DL thread so it's in DL notation, lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I guess reiterating every combo for every starter and CH possibilities would yield a list this long `-`.

If you really put the time into memorizing raw combo transcripts, kudos to you lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I guess reiterating every combo for every starter and CH possibilities would yield a list this long `-`.

If you really put the time into memorizing raw combo transcripts, kudos to you lol

Oh hell, I'm not even going to be able to memorize a page's worth of these. I'll likely wind up remembering 5 or 6 of them, and a Distortion and Astral one.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just bought the Rachel system voice :ibwc:

:rosalina:
Same. :bee:

I didn't realize how awful she pronounced "Mu-12" until now though. At least it's so bad it's hilarious, which makes it a little more acceptable.

This. Except I had to invent my four seal combo because no one likes Fu Rin Ka Zan.
I thought the only four seal combo was tao/hazama specific?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm borrowing a copy of Extend atm.

Relius is a lot of fun.

Edit: Oh my God.

Going through CT's story mode again in Extend just for the lulz. The translators totally left an easter egg for CT-philes. Remember the good ol' Ice Car meme? Well, upon defeating him in the story with Jin, Bang says: "Stay back, my loyal, alphabetized subordinates! This is my moment, and you guys don't stand a chance against one who spams "Ice Car" so thoroughly."

I don't remember whether or not that was in the original game, but God it's hysterical.

Smooth Criminal

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm borrowing a copy of Extend atm.

Relius is a lot of fun.

Edit: Oh my God.

Going through CT's story mode again in Extend just for the lulz. The translators totally left an easter egg for CT-philes. Remember the good ol' Ice Car meme? Well, upon defeating him in the story with Jin, Bang says: "Stay back, my loyal, alphabetized subordinates! This is my moment, and you guys don't stand a chance against one who spams "Ice Car" so thoroughly."

I don't remember whether or not that was in the original game, but God it's hysterical.

Smooth Criminal
Nope lol, they put that in just for us supah awesome people

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't touched story mode much yet, but that's pretty cool. I'll have to play it more.

I'm too busy learning Relius though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also: Super special secret semi-spoilers (I guess):

If you wait after the after the credits scene from CS (the Nu part), they've added an animated cut scene of Ragna and Tao going to Ibukido which is entirely hilarious and has Tao chasing one of those pink poof rabbits that are on Tsubaki's stage

And the EX story parts are DEFINITELY worth watching/unlocking.

Top Bottom