• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
PS3 is only the tournament console at EVO because of sponsorships iirc. Apparently the 360 version runs better, but since it doesn't have Sony sponsorship, it isn't used.

Not sure if the console differences are still there with EX.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
PS3 is only the tournament console at EVO because of sponsorships iirc. Apparently the 360 version runs better, but since it doesn't have Sony sponsorship, it isn't used.

Not sure if the console differences are still there with EX.

I think you're thinking of Street Fighter and Marvel, where it DOES run better. I remember hearing CS/CS2 on PS3 runs the same if not a bit better than 360, and that the PS3 versions of Tekken 6, and MK9 are the same. I think KOFXIII is equal, though I know that's PS3, and I have no idea on Soul Calibur V.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
There was a post about 360 running better than PS3 on dustloop I think. I couldn't find any hard evidence though like SF.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think 360 runs two frames faster than PS3. I've also heard that the PS3 version runs "arcade perfect," so take that as you will.
I think it might have something to do with the 360 only being able to run things at a certain speed and the PS3 being able to adapt or something. But I would imagine if a game has an arcade version, the version that's closest to it should be what's used. However, I'm also the person who thinks "if EVO is the biggest tournament and the one that fighting game people want to attend, shouldn't they be proficient with the version of the game they use, which would be PS3?". Of course...that's ignoring some people already having a 360 before they get said game, and my kind of semi-open anti-Xbox stance.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Y'all are just haters lol

On an unrelated note: Makoto's gag reel had me rolling so loud I woke up my neighbors XP

GOO GOO GAA GAA!!! (Carnage Scissors!)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you're thinking of Street Fighter and Marvel, where it DOES run better. I remember hearing CS/CS2 on PS3 runs the same if not a bit better than 360, and that the PS3 versions of Tekken 6, and MK9 are the same. I think KOFXIII is equal, though I know that's PS3, and I have no idea on Soul Calibur V.
That sounds kinda like console fanboyism to me, personally.
Seeing as there's no way to prove any of this, you're just as guilty... :054:

Crusayer's point about sponsorships seems the most likely.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Again, EVO uses PS3s because they have sponsorship from Sony.

Using 360 wouldn't let them get a sponsorship with Microsoft so why would they use that? The reason they use PS3s over 360s when there's a choice is purely a financial reason.

There was a post (somewhere, maybe dustloop or SRK I don't remember) about how EVO is a business now and less of that pure FGC tournament run for the community.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Using 360 wouldn't let them get a sponsorship with Microsoft so why would they use that? The reason they use PS3s over 360s when there's a choice is purely a financial reason.

There was a post (somewhere, maybe dustloop or SRK I don't remember) about how EVO is a business now and less of that pure FGC tournament run for the community.

Well, yeah...I mean, I know a bunch of my PSN Blazblue friends got into a big debate after the EVO reveal that "Extend would've been better for the community as a whole, but they're just trying to get the last few drops of money out of the MK9 scene before it dries up". So uh...yeah, some of my friends are not only thinking no Extend at EVO is BS, but that MK9 doesn't have a sustainable or lasting scene.

Plus, I'm not sure if it's the case now, but wasn't SRK REALLY pissed at SFxTekken getting in and pretty much calling Mr.Wizard a liar when he said the EVO choices weren't about money?

Either way though, my hat goes off to the KOFXIII community. Ever since the game first hit the arcades, the community as a whole has been showing up everywhere, creating scenes, contacting people, advertising, and even in some cases fundraising/doing petitions to try and get the game into EVO this year. I can be salty all I want about Extend not getting in EVO (and I really am salty about it and think it's ridiculous MK9 got the slot even though I know why, on top of disagreeing with some stuff Mr.Wizard said about it), it's pretty much impossible for me NOT to be really happy for the KOF scene. KOFXIII's a legit game, and it deserves its spot.

Uh...sorry for that rant and going off topic a bit. I know this isn't an EVO, MK9, SFxTekken, or KOFXIII thread, but I thought it all kind of tied in, my bad.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, a looooot of people were pissed when SFxT was announced.
Really ****ty move.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, a looooot of people were pissed when SFxT was announced.
Really ****ty move.

I remember the outrage, and personally I never was surprised. Like, I thought it was a lock the moment it's release date was announced. And the thing that shocked me is people were livid it was there and not Skullgirls, which doesn't even have a release date. :glare:

Aside from people knowing SF and Marvel would be there, I don't remember there being really much of a reaction when SCV got announced though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not true. Mr. Wizard and others already stated that they didn't know which console performed better right when SF4 was out so they just had to pick one. The cost to replace those PS3s that were bought for Evo and then buying 360 ones would cost too much.

They said for next gen, they want players to start doing some research and let Evo know which console performs best.
Capcom sponsored event, not surprised. Still a **** move though, seriously.
Well, the BB players really do need to step it up and go to majors.
Aside from people knowing SF and Marvel would be there, I don't remember there being really much of a reaction when SCV got announced though.
There was a good reaction. Really depends what part of the web you're looking at.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, the BB players really do need to step it up and go to majors.
Totally agree.

And also, getting people interested in the game, making scenes, doing or going to tournaments, and getting the heck off of netplay for once.

BB scene's really got to improve before we'll see it at EVO again imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Totally agree.

And also, getting people interested in the game, making scenes, doing or going to tournaments, and getting the heck off of netplay for once.

BB scene's really got to improve before we'll see it at EVO again imo.

Lythi, with respect intended, I remember reading that page and stuff when it happened and just getting incredibly pissed off and angry at how ridiculous some of the stuff that was said was. Not just with Mr. Wizard for coming across as a **** and burying Tekken 6 along with BB, but at a lot of people from the scene who were fighting among themselves and trying to make up reasons to justify it not being there.

Even glimpsing at some things in that thread now, I can actually feel my frustration going up, and I know that getting into the discussion now will just get me frustrated, start yelling at people, wind up hating MK9 (which I like, and was super hyped for when it came out), and other things. Hell, I'm almost 100% sure that getting into it would also result in me going on that one tirade I did when I got REALLY pissed and pretty much blamed "an unfinished game that's nothing special" (to put what I said nicely) for splitting the scene in half and stealing a good number of players from it.

And well...you guys deserve better than to have to put up with that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp, there's nothing we can do it about it now. :p

I hope SFxT flops hard but it most likely won't, solely because capcom.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think my bf is going to drop Jin, and he's mained him since CT.

Sadness. :<

Wait, what? I thought you said he was all hardcore Jin and the "never gonna give you up!" type about him? At this rate, there'll be one Jin player left and he'll do really well because NOBODY will play him.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it's sad. ;_; Lots of people who have mained him from the very beginning ended up dropping him for EX.

I still find good jins fun to watch but now there's so few...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He plays a lot differently here than he has in anything since CT. His combo base midscreen is pants on head ******** and I can't get anyone to stay in the damn corner so I can win.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius vs Lambda is going to make me sad for a long time. :(

Well, at least it isn't Relius vs Arakune. :urg:

lilseph

Smash Ace
Relius vs Lambda is going to make me sad for a long time. :(

Well, at least it isn't Relius vs Arakune. :urg:
For who? I've been putting a good amount of time into both characters and it seems kinda tough for Lambda. But at the same time Relius doesn't have the best options in the world so seems 50-50 to me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
For who? I've been putting a good amount of time into both characters and it seems kinda tough for Lambda. But at the same time Relius doesn't have the best options in the world so seems 50-50 to me.
Relius. It was defensively my fault for much of it, I probably could have use 214A a lot more.

Still, I had a really hard time getting in. Might just be something I need to learn. :/

But Relius vs Arakune is hell. I would even say it's as bad as CT Arakune, but I don't really remember how bad CT Arakune was.

I hate this match up already. :urg:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
214A will eat projectiles, so it's something. :/

A well timed 214B from full screen would help too.

I wanted to jump in a lot, but I kept on getting hit out of the air. It felt like a good part of that was just lag not letting me block though, so I'm not really sure how good of an idea that really is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
214B seems like it has a lot of start-up, but yeah, that would probably work. I feel like the hardest part of this match-up is actually getting in though. Once you're in and pressuring, at least you're in. Also, getting Lambda in the corner seems like your best call.

Can you make Lambda whiff a sword with the twirl, and punish that way?

lilseph

Smash Ace
Relius has a hard time approaching Lambda... but at the same time he can use ignis to catch Lambda off guard. Its almost like they are both afraid of each other in the MU and its the first to screw up loses xD

Also yeah 214A is ridiculously good. Use it to dodge Lambda's bigger attacks like spike chaser and cavalier.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
At fullscreen most of Lambda's swords will not hit, if she decided to let me get there then it pretty much seems to be a free chance to throw out a 214B.

I don't know how useful the twirl might be, I'm pretty scared to throw one out in most matchups and I still need to get used to attacking with Ignis when I do, but it's something I'll try next time I fight a Lambda.

236A is 1~33F head, body, and foot invul and then I'm vulnerable for four frames. I don't really know what I may be able to punish with that and I may not get to close in quickly, but the only way to find out might just be to fight a Lambda. :/

I know that my 214A move was severely underused in those matches though, so that's the first thing I should work on.

Top Bottom