• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, there's no use defending Noel, just do what I do: beat the crap out of people, and walk away with my cool shades on.

Learn some more swag combos first though. I recommend it. :cool:

Oh, I can defend her fine because she's not Ragna, Nu-13, or Litchi (despite Litchi no being easy to use).

That being said, every Noel combo I've seen in CSX looks at least semi-swag.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I kind of want to learn CSX Noel's new combos. Only thing that's stopping me is that 4D d.6C juggle.
I was inconsistent with that in CS2.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I haven't messed around with EX Noel a whole lot, but in CS2, that combo was height-specific. So, if you do something like 6C(2) > 6C, just delay the second 6C until they are really low to the ground, but not touching. Like, the middle of the gun spin, I guess. And then 4D > d.6C > stuff will combo.

Haha, sorry. I suck at explaining these kinds of things. :I

Crusayer

Smash Lord
A wise saying I once heard about playing a character:

"Who cares about what other people think. Pick whatever character you want and relish in their salty tears when you win"

Or something like that.

I ALSO JUST REALIZED F8AL = FATAL. -boom-

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

"Who cares about what other people think. Pick whatever character you want and relish in their salty tears when you win"

Or something like that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I haven't messed around with EX Noel a whole lot, but in CS2, that combo was height-specific. So, if you do something like 6C(2) > 6C, just delay the second 6C until they are really low to the ground, but not touching. Like, the middle of the gun spin, I guess. And then 4D > d.6C > stuff will combo.

Haha, sorry. I suck at explaining these kinds of things. :I

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. It would always, Always, ALWAYS Blue Beat for me when I went for the d.6C part of it and it got me so pissed I just stopped with it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Or something like that.

Damn straight. Exactly why I rep Sonic all the way.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'll preserve in CSX. I guess I just figured I could learn 3 combos in the time it would take to master that. Then I realized 2 of those combos were impractical.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah it's a bit obnoxious. Hopefully they undo the change, they were probably trying to emulate JP Haku's tone as was previously theorized by Kuraudo.

Don't worry thoz: It's only in CT story rehash mode when they have new lines etc. The actual gameplay voices are still the same. *phew*

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like I said a few days ago it's only because ASW did the translations instead of aksys because there wasn't that much time before release.

Nobody reads my posts. ;_;

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hazama's English VA was always obnoxious.

I kinda wish you had the option to have certain characters in English, and other characters in Japanese. That would be pretty cool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hazama's English VA was always obnoxious.

I kinda wish you had the option to have certain characters in English, and other characters in Japanese. That would be pretty cool.

Of course Hazama's English VA was obnoxious. Hazama's a giant troll, so having his voice be obnoxious and the way it was just seems to make sense. Plus, I did really like Hazama's English VA. It fit the character pretty well, I think.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Only Hazama's CT voice the rest I can't stand at all.

Would anyone be up to helping a newbie out while playing a few games on XBL some time? I'd really like that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, in this morning's "ugh, wtf?" news, I check my Amazon.ca Extend order, and it says it's scheduled to currently arrive March 1-March 5. Which is not cool since the game comes out tomorrow and by March 5th I'll have another game on the mind. Yay. :glare:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Super)jump + barrier, well placed dashes, void her swords, 623a is projectile invincible. You can also counter the swords but I wouldn't use that too often.

There's actually a lot hakumen can do against. Much more than most characters.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'll be playing against a lambda relatively soon this week too. Tips as S-tier Makoto? :>

Tips as bottom tier Makoto as well please :<

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I can see why Relius abandoned Carl, that is not an easy matchup.

I haven't seen you in a while Yamada, if you still show up here, GGs.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So many Ragnas on Ranked. :/

I think I'll stop ranked now, unless I want a quick match.
Player match + training mode now. :3

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
(Super)jump + barrier, well placed dashes, void her swords, 623a is projectile invincible. You can also counter the swords but I wouldn't use that too often.

There's actually a lot hakumen can do against. Much more than most characters.
I thought they got rid of that. o.O

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'll be playing against a lambda relatively soon this week too. Tips as S-tier Makoto? :>

Tips as bottom tier Makoto as well please :<
But... you already know more about the game than a good deal of us in this thread... Idk what to say other than generic dash -> barrier block a lot and 2A -> laugh at her defense until you get meter --> make her feel like a baddie with primer ****/frame traps. I'm especially partial to baiting any of her normals and punishing with the invincible 214A~D fatal. Heck, I just really like Makoto's rekkas in general now. That 214A~C has a huge hitbox for a mid-range poke and you can 214A~B her 5D and 214B~D over her Spike Chaser on reaction. I really like using 6C now too, but it's a no-no in this matchup.

I have trouble approaching Lambda as Haku-men. What do I do?
"Pretend you're playing Street Fighter until you land a knockdown," is the generic answer I'd give. I should get the Hakumen I play with regularly to type something.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Also, Crusayer, keep in mind that Lambda completely controls the neutral game until she commits to throwing a sword.

Just gotta be patient.

edit: Nope, Zero is right, 623A is head/body/projectile invincible, from 5 to 14 frames.

Top Bottom