• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No problem.

I'll probably watch it tomorrow or so, looks like the show starts about 18 minutes into the recording btw.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think i'm very interested in that. :/

I might check it out, but eh.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
This is a punch.

-punches co-host

Unfortunately, 5a by itself usually doesn't do much damage so you're usually going to have to follow it up with a combo.

-continues beating co-host lying on the floor

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sweet, I'm just checking out the Mu/Platinum stuff (with "Living on a Prayer" playing in the background for some reason), but I'm realizing that I'd be able to offer much better insight on that match if I actually knew how to play either of the characters, and well, if they weren't 2 characters I have trouble facing myself. Plus, it's weird being like "Lythium vs Gaudeo" due to PSN so for second my mind was like "wtf?". And is it weird, the first thing I noticed was he spelled "Lythium" wrong in the first video?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm pretty much the same as Livewire, I don't know the characters so it's hard to help.

I noticed you had your guard broken at least once in each video, but I wasn't paying attention to how you used your barrier unfortunately.

I feel like I'm pretty terrible with advice.

Or I could just be terrible. :3

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mu vs. Platinum (warm-up)
Mu vs. Hazama, Tager, Ragna
Noel vs. Ragna, Bang

Any advice/suggestions/critiques?

Prepare yourself for dropped combos, bad hitconfirms, and derpy astrals. :V
I noticed you're not really using much 236d or 214d.
Most of the time you had 4 steins out and they just laid there. :dizzy:

Also you can tech with barrier + back to avoid getting resetted like that platinum was doing. Sometimes just not teching works pretty well too.

Other than that I didn't see much wrong. You can tech grabs consistently, which makes you better than me. :bee:

Also, Makoto's new combos are looking pretty awesome currently. So much more interesting than 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > 2c > punch > orb imo.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I noticed you're not really using much 236d or 214d.
Most of the time you had 4 steins out and they just laid there. :dizzy:

Also you can tech with barrier + back to avoid getting resetted like that platinum was doing. Sometimes just not teching works pretty well too.

Other than that I didn't see much wrong. You can tech grabs consistently, which makes you better than me. :bee:
Haha, I noticed that too. I was like, wait, why am I not using command laser. Derp. And **** Platinum and her resets. :I

But thanks, that's really helpful! :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Noel looks pretty fun to use. Maybe I'll learn her just for friendlies or something like I did in CS1.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Didn't see much of Noel's d.6C in there. j.D combos look great, along with midscreen Spring Raid and corner Assault Through. New double super ending is neat.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't wait for a jin combo video. @_@

Haha, I noticed that too. I was like, wait, why am I not using command laser. Derp. And **** Platinum and her resets. :I

But thanks, that's really helpful! :bee:
Yeah. :p I feel the same way.

& You're welcome. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just saw this, and I was like breathing a giant sigh of relief and actually kinda smiling the whole way through that, since that worries me a LOT less than some of the stuff I'd heard. Like, I was worried we'd go back to CS1, almost.

But from what I saw, it looks like some damage, and the Haida got sacrificed for speed and a lot of flexibility. Seriously, a lot of her combos look like they can be applied to a bunch more situations than some CS2 ones, and it looks like a lot can be "mix and matched". I laughed a bit at the Thor to Fenrir ender, as I was wondering "could we just go Fenrir, 6C jump cancel into Thor?", and then they go the other way with it.

It looks kind of like they combined CT and CS2 Noel, added in speed, gave her a new (awesome) Assault Through, and said "here, go nuts with Spring Raid combos". So yeah, I'm not going to complain about "oh no, we only get to do 5.5k instead of 6.5k" or whatever. Also, pretty much, I think CS2 Noel > CSX Noel, will be like CS1 Litchi > CS2 Litchi, as when CS2 Litchi came out people freaked at how different she was and thought she was bad, when she was actually still pretty good. I feel the same applies here.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure you can't combo after fenrir at all anymore, which is why they did the air super first.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only characters who don't looks that interesting so far for me are bang, ragna, and arakune.

Everyone ****ing played bang even when he was low tier and now more people are going to play him.
I'm so sick of bang. ;__________;

Top Bottom