• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I dunno, Ragna is always Ragna. I'm okay with it. Arakune's pre-curse combos look kinda stylish, but Arakune has never looked very fun to play imo.

But I agree with you about Bang. He is probably the character that I like the least. :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think arakune just looks silly now. combos like 2c > 6d look really dumb, imo. Just feels like they keep making him more and more gimmicky, and that's what I was hoping to stray away from in the later games. :(

I'm happy with that they did to tager. Basically the only new gimmick they gave him was the ability to charge b sledge. His combos look really derpy now, though.

Ragna is Ranga, lol. He's just never looked very interesting for me I guess.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've always liked Bang, but I like those hotblooded characters.

Can't say I'm excited for more godlike Arakune curse. I'll just have to live with it though, I don't think that will ever change. (I don't know if I've seen CSE Arakune, I could be making myself look like an idiot.)

I still don't like Noel either.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Bang sounds like a brain damaged cow dying near a microphone, which is pretty much the reason I hate him. He yells way too much.

But Noel is so moe. :3c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bang is the captain falcon of blazblue.

He was meant to be the joke character and was only added for comic relief but everyone loves him for reasons I will never and can never understand.

I can't stand his design either.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tao actually has sort-of ties to the plot. Bang's only tie is that he hates jin because of that war.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tao actually has sort-of ties to the plot. Bang's only tie is that he hates jin because of that war.
Forgeting that he is the only playable character from Ikaruga, which was a major place in the history of BB and looks to be important in the future.

Bang also has a Nox and he is currently looking for Tenjou's son, who may end up being pretty important.

I think he has more going for him than Tao right now, not that she doesn't have any importance.

Really though, all the character have a role in this story. :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Being from ikaruga has very little to do with the actual plot. If anything it's just a side story, and if jin wasn't the one who ended the war it wouldn't have even been brought up in the first place. Honestly it just seems like a last ditch attempt to make it seem like bang is kind of important. :|

Having a nox also doesn't really have much to do with the plot. Lots of people have them. If it was like, specifically given to him by an NOL officer or something then that would be a bigger deal.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Well, Thor has no landing recovery, so it's not too difficult.

Watch this combo, it will give you an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNUezA5N6RI#t=4m
thanks,but the landing recovery it's not really th problem.i'm bad at jumping and do thor quick enought to connect into a combo.the bigger problem is that i'm not 100% with my stick yet.nacional stick.not so expansive and not so good.hehe.i just have to practice more.

also,i think all the characters will have a moment of big importance sometime.carl was not so important in ct for example.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Bang's Nox apparently can destroy other Nox's, and has strong ties to the boundary. :/

He is certainly a joke character, but I think you're underplaying his potential importance.

Also, Hakumen respects him. :054:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, and the fact that he's essentially Tao's "training sensei" (though that could just be because he gets her food after), doesn't make her a joke character. I mean...Sakura was Dan's pupil after SF Alpha 3, and that doesn't make her a joke character. Er....don't answer that.

But yeah, the only real thing that worries me about those Noel combos are the Drive Whiffs, since I'm someone who when a move whiffs in my combo, thinks "crap, I screwed up", and just stops. Of course, I'll take that over strict Haida timing any day.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I only like Bang when he's in FU RIN KA ZAN or whatever. Then he's badass and awesome.

I hope a haku combo vid comes out soon. It seems like they're making his corner combos have more variety instead of all centering around the same loop like they do in CS2.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Having a nox also doesn't really have much to do with the plot. Lots of people have them.
The value of something decreases when more than half of the characters have one. Probably should have thought of that, ASW.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
During the story, Trinity actually took over Platinum's body just to tell Bang that his Nox Nyctores was very powerful and could sever ties to the Boundary.

inb4 scenario where Bang has the choice to save Arakune for Litchi (and lose the love of his life) or not. Ah, I love tragedies.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Well, if one of the six heroes chases you for your Nox Nyctores, something about you/it must be special. His ability to sever ties to the Boundary may also become interesting for Litchi, as well as the fact that she is kind of an enemy to him now.

To be honest I don't really think any character is a joke character. Blazblue's story is probably the best of all fighting games one of the best of all games, and imo they have done a great job to make every character involved in some way. <3BBstory!

:053:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
People keep saying Bang is a joke character, but I don't see it. He's not an important character right now, but that's only because they've been spending the first two games using his side story to set him up in order to be someone important.

I mean, Carl had less story relevance at this point than Bang does, but we already know EXACTLY where he's going.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I actually am really confused by the entire BB storyline. Is there some website that explains everything?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What console should I play people on tonight for Fighter night? I play better on 360, but I get to **** around with Raz on PS3.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Jin vs. Tsubaki has always been their NOL opening. You know, "Dispatched in mankind's darkest hour," etc.

I haven't seen Relius vs. Carl yet.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Jin vs. Tsubaki has always been their NOL opening. You know, "Dispatched in mankind's darkest hour," etc.

I haven't seen Relius vs. Carl yet.
I meant like, you know, a special one just for them, type thing. I dunno.

Oh, and WTF at that quote of yours in F8AL's sig, Lyth. Most random thing ever, lol.

Edit: And you forgot "we are knights of the Blue Flame" :bee:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure they have never had a special opening, unless they intend on adding one. But I could be wrong. And I didn't want to write the whole thing.

/lazy

Haha, that quote. So dirty.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Laziness, ftw. And yeah, my horribly worded curiousity question was if they'd add one for CSX. I saw parts of a Carl vs Relius match, but it started after any intro would've happened and...despite being English/oddly enough whatever, didn't seem to have any interaction you'd expect to happen, like for example, Carl yelling "FATHER!!!" during a Distortion. Twas bizarre.

Top Bottom