• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Just got done watching NCI9 and Solex was pretty hype, making me question why I never tried playing Jin.

Yeah, why is that?
I would be secretly playing as Simon(new avatar size has made my old one obsolete, will have to remake)
I hate Noel.
I get a sword, I get ice, I get ice swords, and I get ice cars.
I drive a Nissan.

It is a mystery.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
That was really awesomely badass.

The song, but also the fact that someone transcribed it and wrote a very good piano arrangement for it in like, 2 days.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, my bad. I kind of hurriedly explained, but I'll be the first to admit I didn't do a great job of it. Uh...good match though, if it means anything, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I was doing pretty badly (dropping every combo and terrible mixup), but your Noel seems to be getting better. You might want to grind some combos though, I noticed you kept dropping them in the same places. And stop trying to start a combo with j.D.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Haha, I was doing pretty badly (dropping every combo and terrible mixup), but your Noel seems to be getting better. You might want to grind some combos though, I noticed you kept dropping them in the same places. And stop trying to start a combo with j.D.
Yeah...I know j.D doesn't normally start combos well. I think the air-dashing j.D's were probably me trying to 6D to get under something, but winding up 9D-ing. Or...something weird like that, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, that's fair. I just wouldn't want you to get into the habit of doing random j.D. It can go horribly awry. ;)

Also, sorry I missed your invite yesterday, but I was playing with my boyfriend.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's alright, no worries. I actually was practicing stuff for 45 minutes prior because I'd been having trouble getting some motions facing left to work correctly. I figured I could simply brush up on doing Thor facing left....40 minutes of "Type 1-9!!" (or whatever she says for j.D) with Thor's only in the last 5 minutes on account of me somehow leaving down out of the j.236236 equation and I realized I certainly needed to grind more.

That being said, I've been getting better at letting reloads happen to continue combos and figuring out the timing on 22B>22BBC in things. Also, I'll probably be around sometime tonight online, so I'll probably like invite people who're on or something, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good stuff, good stuff. :3c

Cool, I might be on later. I've got a hankering for some Noel play, so I might dust her off. Been playing so much Mu lately.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I want to play tonight too.

I'd like to mess around with Tao's AB2, I never really looked into it before. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cool, I'll probably be on in 10-15 minutes, so if you guys are there, I'll hit you up. And Lythium, is it weird your avatar looks like a cross between Noel and Bridget?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs everyone.

It's been a while since I had so much fun with Tao, not focusing on just landing a j8D~A makes a big difference.

Everyone keeps increasing my hate for Noel though. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I really should thank you for the Tao practice, Rutger, I really needed it. Though...the fact we BOTH timed each other out like 4 times is kind of hilarious.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Everyone keeps increasing my hate for Noel though. :(
Nothing makes you hate Noel more when you randomly get hit with 2D in the face on lag. lol

This weekend, I'm going to actually try practicing BB again and maybe face people that have better connections.
I really think that playing on 0 bars screws me up by not reacting right or even hit confirming properly. :ohwell:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree, but I think playing with lag helps in the long run.

Combos become more strict which means when you do them offline (once you get used to the different timing) you're much better at them in general.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Online does help me with matchups. That's the one thing I go online for along with getting an idea on how characters react.
But for combos and stuff, I am absolutely awful on lag since I'll act differently. It's just reacting to overheads and throws are near impossible depending on the connection. Same goes with trying to not press too many buttons to tech since I usually get CH'ed after.

I think the 3 games I did the best in online was 3S, MvC2, and BBCT since lag didn't throw me off.
I'm just bad at adapting to it compared to other people.

But yeah, online helps me. But lag doesn't for me, personally.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree, online is great for match-ups or messing around with friends. However, when it comes to combos or throws/overheads or anything like that... nope. I hate having to adapt to lag. Although, I was breaking green throws like a boss for some reason.

And yeah, Noel is dumb. Online Noel, moreso.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I agree, online is great for match-ups or messing around with friends. However, when it comes to combos or throws/overheads or anything like that... nope. I hate having to adapt to lag. Although, I was breaking green throws like a boss for some reason.

And yeah, Noel is dumb. Online Noel, moreso.

But...Online Noel makes Throw semi-trolling possible!! :bee:

Top Bottom