• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree offline is much much much better but I still think online has it's uses. It's pretty underrated imo.

I'm probably just biased though because I can't do things like super > super > gold burst > gold burst > air throw offline.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The best way to win matches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl7SFvR1cg

I do it all the time.
Yeah, because when in doubt, a Revolver Blast ender is the only way to go.

And as far as Relius/Carl, I'm wondering myself if there's an intro, since like I said, the way Carl reacts from footage of Carl vs Relius seems the exact same as a normal fight. I mean, I'd imagine for something like those two that has it's own VS SONG that it'd have it's own intro and voice set too, but I don't know right now either.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still have barely seen any rachels :(

Kinda getting a bit worried.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still have barely seen any rachels :(

Kinda getting a bit worried.
Matsu's still using Rachel. Rachel doesn't look bad, but she does seem like a slightly weaker version of CS2.
She didn't gain anything that looks new either.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Matsu used rachel in CS1 though. :p

I didn't think she looked that bad either but i've seen like 3 videos with her after almost a month in and i'm sure I even saw her used more during the beginning of CS. :(

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Matsu used rachel in CS1 though. :p

I didn't think she looked that bad either but i've seen like 3 videos with her after almost a month in and i'm sure I even saw her used more during the beginning of CS. :(
i think it is because the people were thinking of her as the CT rachel at that time.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
There are quite some Rachel vids actually. She's more or less the same fortunately and the nerfs have not hit her hard. Her biggest nerfs are having worse proration on normals and pumpkin, 6B not being jump cancelable, Cat Chair slower and weaker and 5CC not removing a primer. None of these had a big effect on her. Besides she got a few buffs such as j.B.'s hitbox being improved and an airspecial cancelable j.2c. And in exchange for her 6B nerf, it now wallbounds opponent on counterhit.

Rachel is still solid. I've got more worries about Litchi myself. DX Her midscreen combos are bleh. Fortunately she's still seems decent and almost the same outside of a very nerfed combo game... gonna miss her long *** combos :(

:052:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
gonna miss her long *** combos :(

I don't think anyone else will.

Is any character looking bad now? I thought everyone is looking at least okay, even Tager.

I don't think there is a need to worry about any character right now. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's getting disturbingly less common seeing Noels win in videos. Now, that could just have to do with the main Noel I've seen play being GUCCI and maybe he's gotten rusty, but it's kinda displeasing. When I was watching Noels combos I felt the same way I normally feel now watching Jin combos in that they look like they should do more than they do. However, that's likely only because it's coming off CS2. If you showed me those when I was playing CS1, I'd be jumping for joy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well if ArcSys has taught me one thing, it's that if your characters ends up within the top 3 or so, you better put that to good use and start winning tournaments before the year is over. If you didn't, then you're out of luck and need to pick someone else or work harder.

Edit: That wasn't directed to anyone specifically btw lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But...hasn't Hazama been effectively top 4 (arguably top 3 depending on who you ask) for I guess 3 games now?
Probably. While I do think he's really good in CSX, I still don't know how high he is relative to the cast. Hopefully 3 isn't the magic number and he drops down in the rankings like Litchi (and Carl I guess if you count CT).

I do get annoyed how they like to flip flop character placements intentionally though. :ohwell:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hakumen needs a headbutt move, so he can put those daggers on his face to use

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are quite some Rachel vids actually. She's more or less the same fortunately and the nerfs have not hit her hard. Her biggest nerfs are having worse proration on normals and pumpkin, 6B not being jump cancelable, Cat Chair slower and weaker and 5CC not removing a primer. None of these had a big effect on her. Besides she got a few buffs such as j.B.'s hitbox being improved and an airspecial cancelable j.2c. And in exchange for her 6B nerf, it now wallbounds opponent on counterhit.

Rachel is still solid. I've got more worries about Litchi myself. DX Her midscreen combos are bleh. Fortunately she's still seems decent and almost the same outside of a very nerfed combo game... gonna miss her long *** combos :(

Cat chair, 5cc, and 6b nerfs are all pretty huge. imo, Rachel deserves ridiculous damage from 2c because if you got hit by it you made a pretty large mistake anyway. Damage was the only thing it had going.

CT style oki is nice but it doesn't make her any more solid of a character, it just gives her more stylish combos and combo enders.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't think anyone else will.
Don't tell me you didn't love Litchi's CS1 combo's <3

Cat chair, 5cc, and 6b nerfs are all pretty huge. imo, Rachel deserves ridiculous damage from 2c because if you got hit by it you made a pretty large mistake anyway. Damage was the only thing it had going.

CT style oki is nice but it doesn't make her any more solid of a character, it just gives her more stylish combos and combo enders.
You have to take into account that almost every (good/decent) character got nerfed. Relative to the other characters, Rachel hasn't had a harder time dealing with her nerfs. She'll be fiiiine.

Still, I'm also very sad that Cat chair is dead now ;_;. I can deal with its damage nerf, but make it slower?! Ugh... I don't really agree with you on 6b though. Jump canceling it was great we you can also manage with out. Not to mention it seems to very easy and effective to combo from its wallbound effect.

I'm not too keen on j.2c being aircancelable as well. It's better than nothing but it's not that great.

:053:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have to take into account that almost every (good/decent) character got nerfed. Relative to the other characters, Rachel hasn't had a harder time dealing with her nerfs. She'll be fiiiine.
The other characters still have more people playing her. Rachel got very little fundamental changes and there's barely anyone who plays her while characters like Platinum changed a looooooooooooot more and i've seen many more of them.

There's also very little makotos but she's practically an entirely new character, so it makes sense that it would take awhile for some good ones to appears, but rachel is rachel.

Still, I'm also very sad that Cat chair is dead now ;_;. I can deal with its damage nerf, but make it slower?! Ugh... I don't really agree with you on 6b though. Jump canceling it was great we you can also manage with out. Not to mention it seems to very easy and effective to combo from its wallbound effect.
6b not being jump cancellable isn't even the worst part. It's that it's minus on block and pretty much useless as a poke, which is terrible since it was her only reliable poking option. Being able to combo off of CH isn't gonna change much since nobody's even gonna use it anymore, lol.

I'm not too keen on j.2c being aircancelable as well. It's better than nothing but it's not that great.
But... that's the best part of extend Rachel. :urg:

I will miss cornered Cat Chair into 5k damage.
:(:(:(

Doesn't Rachel have like no defensive options now?
Yup.

Top Bottom