• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius' theme...
I think I Feel a Fear.

Relius vs Carl.
Sounds like a credits theme, maybe a little Still in the Dark.

Jin vs Tsubaki...
Engrish. :054:
I would probably like it more without the vocals or maybe Japanese vocals.

I like them.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's weird you say that, because despite the small bits of Still in the Dark, Relius/Carl's theme is probably my least favourite. I guess I was just expecting more from it.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I like Tsubaki vs Jin! Imo the vocals aren't bad at all and her pronounciation really isn't bad for a foreigner. On the contrary, I feel like it adds something special to it. (Now we're talking about it, PLEASE just bring the CT announcer back!)

Relius vs Carl sounds decent and haven't really listened to Relius' theme but it's ok I think.

:053:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda was considered bad for Rachel?
Yeah, Lambda and Nu have had pretty solid matchups against Rachel since the beginning. She was one of the only characters who had an edge against Rachel in CT because Nu did a lot of damage with even her shortest combos and could hit Rachel from anywhere if Rachel tried to zone her. CS1 Rachel was terrible and she wasn't threatening to anyone in the cast (I think she went even with Tager, making that her best matchup), so Lambda beat her there pretty much by default. CS2 and CSSEX have been easier than ever for Rachel, but Lambda still generally has the advantage unless Rachel can actually get in and pressure Lambda into the corner.

The matchup basically goes down like this:
  • Lambda wins at a far-mid range, Rachel is slightly better at close range unless she's forced to waste time blocking buzzsaw oki.
  • If Rachel tries to counter-zone, Lambda can hit her with any of her drive moves (except 4D) and go into a combo, so Rachel has to rush down.
  • Whoever gets put in the corner first loses.

I haven't listened to the Jin/Tsubaki one yet, but something about the Relius/Carl one makes me wonder if it's legit.
I know what you mean, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

English vocals on Jin and Tsubaki's theme? Weird, but kinda cool. :3c
It's interesting alright. It seems like what would happen if Lady Gaga tried to branch out into metal.

idk, I kinda expected more from Jin vs Tsubaki. I really like Litchi vs Arakune and it was one of my favorite songs from CT.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Gates, I agree. I was definitely expecting more of Jin vs. Tsubaki. It's alright though.

Then....why does the CS announcing sound so much worse? Did they just get lazy or something? :glare:
They just tried to make it sound different, if I remember correctly. But I'm almost positive that it's the same person.

She's a French VA. Her name is Cecilia Famador or something.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I remember one time PR Balrog was playing against Daigo in Shaq Fu in a FT5 MM.

They got to 4 games each before they decided to just keep their money and break the cartridge in half.
And thus by destroying the cartridge, humanity wins. Though, strangely enough it's a bizarrely fun trainwreck game sometimes.

Hm, not sure what was wrong about the CT announcer other than the whole "sounds like an annoyed kid" thing that some trolls said and applied more to the CS one. But French, huh? Ah, those darn French speaking people, always causing trouble, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
BB's announcers get worse and worse, IMO. For CS2 and CSX, I wish they used the Japanese accent ones since those sounded more natural. Jin's is still the best out of the DLCs for me.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Relius' theme...
I think I Feel a Fear.

Relius vs Carl.
Sounds like a credits theme, maybe a little Still in the Dark.

Jin vs Tsubaki...
Engrish. :054:
I would probably like it more without the vocals or maybe Japanese vocals.

I like them.
/sounds the weaboo siren

loljk

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I kinda agree. The Jin one is all different and semi-mysterious and cool and stuff. Uh...ignore that, lol.

Hazama's disappointed me when I heard it, because I expected it to be trollish awesomeness. :c

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

*walks out of the thread like Relius.*

I actually liked the CT announcer. She got me pretty hyped before a match started. I was all like, "**** YEAH REBEL _____! Let's goes!"

The other announcers reduced me to a giggle fit. I blame them for all of my losses. XD The Midnight Carnival announcer needs to make a comeback!

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
/sounds the weaboo siren

loljk
Japanese vocals wouldn't have the strange sounding English lyrics. Not understanding anything > understanding a lot of it and wanting to laugh imo.

I don't know, makes sense to me. :/
I would like no lyrics more though.

But I'm liking Relius' two themes, this game is really making me want to try and play Relius.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I know another girl as well that has a lady-boner for Jin. It's a trend.

aaaaand my comment is no longer relevant because I got ninja'd and am too lazy to quote.

Does anyone in this thread play on XBL? I understand that most here play on PSN.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
is it me or does anyone else have a hard time what the person in jin vs tsubaki theme is saying? :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Lambda and Nu have had pretty solid matchups against Rachel since the beginning. She was one of the only characters who had an edge against Rachel in CT because Nu did a lot of damage with even her shortest combos and could hit Rachel from anywhere if Rachel tried to zone her. CS1 Rachel was terrible and she wasn't threatening to anyone in the cast (I think she went even with Tager, making that her best matchup), so Lambda beat her there pretty much by default. CS2 and CSSEX have been easier than ever for Rachel, but Lambda still generally has the advantage unless Rachel can actually get in and pressure Lambda into the corner.

The matchup basically goes down like this:
  • Lambda wins at a far-mid range, Rachel is slightly better at close range unless she's forced to waste time blocking buzzsaw oki.
  • If Rachel tries to counter-zone, Lambda can hit her with any of her drive moves (except 4D) and go into a combo, so Rachel has to rush down.
  • Whoever gets put in the corner first loses.
CS1 rachel vs lambda was torture.
But to be fair, that wasn't even her worst matchup.
rachel vs carl was like eating applesauce with chopsticks.

And also hakumen.
And hazama, and mu, and bang, and arakune, and...

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
All the DLC announcers have that. They all come with two different voice settings, which slightly varies the way stuff is spoken.
maybe im wrong,but i think carl's VA has only one voice setting.

EDIT:ok,im wrong.the tao's VA has the default and one secret voice settings on the psp version.i was confused because of that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, rachels Worst match was Carl. :p
It was more one sided than Rachel vs Carl in CT

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah :( Nirvana absorbed all of her projectiles, she could do absolutely nothing long range.

Relius' theme sounds like a mix between active angel and gluttony fang.

Top Bottom