• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Would've gotten in on that but was busy playing one of my friends anyway. How do you figure you're inconsistent, Werekill?
I'll **** one round, but then I'll do stupid stuff like randomly double jump for the rest of the match. >_<

I have the same problem with Brawl, and I have no idea how to get over it.

Anyway, GGs, guys. Any advice?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I got ***** by Werekill's 5D invincibility so hard. LOL
I telling people that it really is good when used right.

And Jam's Litchi was good as usual. I still need to figure out how to get past her attacks and know when it's safe to go on the offensive. Her "You were almost there" quote taunts me so much. XD

Also, Hazama's still not fun online. Matches were a bit smoother today for some odd reason.

I'll **** one round, but then I'll do stupid stuff like randomly double jump for the rest of the match. >_<

I have the same problem with Brawl, and I have no idea how to get over it.

Anyway, GGs, guys. Any advice?
Having no idea how to get over it is a problem. You need to see and understand what you're doing during matches so you can stay consistent and not be random. I'd say work on combos more. It's hard to say which ones to work on since there was lag.

Also, whenever you throw out stuff that's not safe like Noel's drive, be sure do 4D (?). So to 5D because of invincibility, and do 4D if the opponent blocks it. And I guess you should try to learn how to focus on spacing more. Games with air dashes help you go on the offensive a lot, but you need to space things properly still.

So yeah, work on combos and executing them in real matches. Space things properly. Also try to learn which moves to use on certain situations like anti-airing/CHs/etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does everyone here only play on PSN?
Unfortunately, XBL BlazBlue Players are the minority here. I play on XBL, but I hardly do due to soul searching and not having anyone to practice with.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Werekill, I haven't seen or played against you in a while, but Minato is right about 4D. It's one of Noel's best attacks. It's very fast, has true invulnerability, and it's a very good anti-air.

I should probably use it more.

Also, keep repping that 5D. :3c

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Werekill, what you could do (if the connection is good) is record your matches and look at them to see your mistakes.

Unfortunately, XBL BlazBlue Players are the minority here. I play on XBL, but I hardly do due to soul searching and not having anyone to practice with.
Lame. I can only play on 360 pad, but I have tried the stick. I hate how everyone says "360 has a garbage controller :B", it doesn't really matter to me; if you're comfortable with it, why not use it?

Oh, and I don't use the D-pad on it.

And when you find a main, I'll be your practice partna, my XBL is X the Derp

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, keep repping that 5D. :3c
I wasn't sure on how good the invincibility is on her 5D. But I did use Rachel's 3C when Werekill did his 5D to whatever and he didn't get hit. So using 5D for invincibility in order to get a Counter Hit is a real good way for Noel to get damage.

Too bad for Noel players that they nerfed that in BBCSII.
As long as she has other ways to start combos, she SHOULD be fine.

And yeah, 4D is good. It can also Fatal Counter which can lead to big damaging combos if they get hit by it.

Lame. I can only play on 360 pad, but I have tried the stick. I hate how everyone says "360 has a garbage controller :B", it doesn't really matter to me; if you're comfortable with it, why not use it?

The 360 pad (and most pads) just aren't suited for fighters for various reasons because of certain disadvantages.
But if you feel comfortable with it, then use it. There's even a C. Viper player that uses a wired 360 controller that's been modded to work with PS3s.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The 360 controller can be great, actually. The analog stick on the 360 controller is the best, imo. The D-Pad on it just does not compensate for it though. 360 controllers though, the ultimate FPS controller.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hakumen basically works like this:

turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke OH SWEET FULL METER MUGEN combo combo combo combo combo OH **** OUT OF METER turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke turtle poke etc.

Also, if they get a Fatal Counter they'll combo you, which only happens on like all of his C moves.

Obvious generalization is obvious.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If Hakumen actually uses Mugen, it's just Tsubaki-copter all day. And actually, if Hakumen is using Mugen, there are 100-death combos. No one is alive after Mugen.

Hakumen Pro Strat:
- Zone with C moves
- Bait with counters (especially j.D)
- Cut projectiles
- When they come in close, use your ridiculously fast A and B moves
- All of his specials link together
- Yukikaze is the flashiest move you'll ever use
- 6C > Shippuu works every time

Good luck.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fun fact:

Hakumen can cut through the Barrier Burst like it were a projectile.

Try it sometime, especially when you can read an otherwise futile Burst. It's lolworthy.

Smooth Criminal

Sukai

Smash Champion
Werekill, what you could do (if the connection is good) is record your matches and look at them to see your mistakes.

And when you find a main, I'll be your practice partna, my XBL is X the Derp
*snooooooooooort*
I know you.

360 pads are terrible, the circle gate downplays precision, being the cause behind many dropped inputs, the d pad is just as terrible, if not worse, the shortcuts spoil people, the buttons aren't made with the durability that a fighting game requires, they jade easily, using your thumbs is scientifically proven to bear less reaction time than fingers, they break easily, etc etc.
I played CT from start to end on controller, the controller is jaded as hell, the control stick has this weird limp about it and it sticks to a direction if pressed for too long, my bumpers are soft and hard to press with any real response, it also took me about 3/4 months to get good with my character, Arakune.

In CS, I started fresh on stick, no shortcuts, Madcatz SFIV TE, modded with assorted colored seimitsu. Took me two weeks to become a force to be reckoned with, it's still working just fine. I'm the guy behind those loop set up tutorials, got 2nd place at my local BB tourney.

Sticks are in general, far more capable than controllers, namely because unlike controllers, especially 360 controller, Sticks are made for fighting games and they (the good ones) come with the durability and precision that a fighting game requires.

Granted some people can become really good on a controller, but it's an acquired taste and dedication that still comes with it's limitations in comparison to stick.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda:
-Increased recovery from crescent cancel
-Crescent saber's recovery increased. Cannot pick up combos from TK crescent
-6C sends opponent flying (in corner wallbounces)
-cannot combo 6C from 2DD
Meh, I kinda figured they were gonna nerf the loop.

Arakune's changes look pretty interesting. I like the new gatlings and want to see how they'll work in practice.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I keep on forgetting these loctests are going on, this one might be the last one though.

I still don't really have a good idea of how the current Tao plays. :/

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
*snooooooooooort*
I know you.
Do you really know me, or are you saying like "I know your kind"?

And you guys are forgetting about H-man's stupid block pressure with 6A-2A-6A-6B, 3C, any magatama using move, or throw.

Haha, I just realized that, from what it looks like, you're Skye Kun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Once Platinum comes out, I'll be able to Tager the HELL out of her.
It's a good day.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, so Jabaki now wall-bounces in the corner, but that still means we have no mid-screen BnB.

I'm really worried now.

If Hazama has to get someone to the corner to do anything, we'll just be an awful version of Ragna without the corner oki.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm okay with Hazama being worse. It only makes the Tagerin' that much more enjoyable.

Top Bottom