• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
/start improving with Ragna and winning. get compared to tic-tac-toe

;( y'guys are makin me feel bad lol. Feel like an MK main or something.

:phone:

:phone:

Stupid phone double post. My bad.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay, thanks! :bee:

Man this tournament was staaaaaaaaaaacked.
Dora's team getting knocked out first round?

It's cool that team gamecenter made it past the first round.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Because difficulty wise you are MK:glare:
Though when you think about it, is it really that bad? Or are you losing to a scrub MK? (you're beating me in BB regardless so I'll get to the point)

A good MK is different from the generic "pocket MK" and it's only a matter of time before 5B stuff won't win.

I'm sorry but... I have to agree ^^;. Any character that can get away with pretty much using 5B repeatedly is a bit... Dumb. Especially for the size of that hitbox >__>.
Though admittedly without that 5B, Ragna would have not much else going for him. Sure there's 5C and jC, but what does he honestly have? His rushdown is STILL subpar by comparison to most other characters. Besides, his 5B has always been good. .....just goes to show that people only start complaining about your character when they're top tier.

Then again, so are Hakumen and Valkenhayn and not a peep about them... .....inb4 it's because it's not as easy to pick them up. Come to think of it? How come I haven't seen Ragna winning the big one if he's supposed to be that good? I mean, one or two tournaments here and there where he made it to the top 4 or something and one win here or there but that's it. Most likely a testament to the balance of this game, but still...

Oh well. Haters gonna hate. If he's easy to use, he's easy to use. I just have to be better then the rest of them that pick him up for being so easy.

Also, I caved and bought the PS3 version of Extend as well. I'll play you guys on PSN sometime as well.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Though admittedly without that 5B, Ragna would have not much else going for him. Sure there's 5C and jC, but what does he honestly have? His rushdown is STILL subpar by comparison to most other characters. Besides, his 5B has always been good. .....just goes to show that people only start complaining about your character when they're top tier.
Are you saying people shouldn't complain because he's top tier...? :@

People have always complained about how easymode ragna is, but now that he's one of the best (if not THE best) characters in the game he's obviously going to get more of it.

He's got quite a bit going for him besides 5b, that's why he's top tier. :/

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Ragna's always been a solid character. It's just that since he does big damage off everything, he'll get a lot of crap like CS2 Noel. Easy links, easy confirms, good pressure, best DP in the game, etc.

If someone complained about Makoto in CS2, that's gonna shift over to Ragna since their roles pretty much switched now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ragna's damage is pretty stupid in this game.

Every hit is a Critical hit.

I don't like that on the enemy side. :mad088:

lilseph

Smash Ace
The difference between MK and Ragna is that MK is game breaking, Ragna is not. While both really stupid in their own regards and easy as hell to pick up, Ragna doesn't destroy the cast much like MK does. Lambda has a positive MU against Ragna, that alone shows that he isn't stupid broken. He is the best in the game because he has the full package, he can do basically anything AND he is good at it.

With that being said I don't think Ragna will be #1 spot for much longer, he will most likely drop to 2 or 3, 4 the lowest he can possibly go. Valk is far and away the strongest character in the game. **** Valk is stupid.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I've always complained about Ragna since CT XD. Big hitboxes are just the bane of my existence... At least super fast ones XD. I didn't mean any offense by what I said, but I just wish I could find a way around his hitboxes X__X. I would like to play against you, though, Kuraudo. I honestly need the Match Up experience against Ragna. If you don't mind, that is ^^;.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've always complained about Ragna since CT XD. Big hitboxes are just the bane of my existence... At least super fast ones XD. I didn't mean any offense by what I said, but I just wish I could find a way around his hitboxes X__X. I would like to play against you, though, Kuraudo. I honestly need the Match Up experience against Ragna. If you don't mind, that is ^^;.
I wouldn't mind at all! Any time you'd like to play, I'm down.

I'll set up my PS3 for Extend tomorrow or something.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's pretty funny how accurately CPU Ragna practice prepares you for facing actual Ragnas. The CPU's answer to EVERYTHING is Inferno Divider. Even projectiles. :bee:

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
It's pretty funny how accurately CPU Ragna practice prepares you for facing actual Ragnas. The CPU's answer to EVERYTHING is Inferno Divider. Even projectiles. :bee:
That's the sad part... What's even worse is that they can do it IN THE AIR TOO XD. Seriously, Ragna shouting "INFERNO DIVIDER!" gives me a headache XD. I hear it more than Noel saying "OPTIC BARREL!" XD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nope. Don't think so. Ragna has waaay more going for him than you're giving him credit for.

Extend Ragna's ability to pick up a strong combo is ridiculous. Not just any combo either, but a good one. Like 4K off of every hitconfirm. His corner carry is much better than this version, which increases his overall damage and combo potential. Also, new combo routes increase his midscreen damage, and in doing so, increase his heat gain. When you can RC a DP, and gain the heat back in the following combo, well...

Also, as a character that is based around strong neutral game/spacing, and can get huge damage off of his gameplan, while also having one of the best DPs in the game and decent stagger pressure, the ability to place himself in a neutral situation is almost always in Ragna's favour. Also, IB/barrier pushback changes affect how well characters can rush down. Some characters, like Noel, Makoto, or Tsubaki, can't rush down and pressure as effectively as before. Ragna, however, has large normals! With his combination of lows/overheads/DEAD SPIKE reach really far, so he doesn't get hit as hard. Even with that change, Ragna can shift momentum in his favour pretty easily.

Ragna is really good.

Kuraudo said:
Then again, so are Hakumen and Valkenhayn and not a peep about them... .....inb4 it's because it's not as easy to pick them up. Come to think of it? How come I haven't seen Ragna winning the big one if he's supposed to be that good? I mean, one or two tournaments here and there where he made it to the top 4 or something and one win here or there but that's it. Most likely a testament to the balance of this game, but still...
Who knows? Why does that really matter though, to be quite honest? If you think about it, there are only a couple high-level Ragna players in Japan. I can only think of two or three North American Ragna players off of the top of my head.

And to be honest, I don't think Ragna is as good as Valk. He's probably on par with Hakumen though. They're both really strong.

Kuraudo said:
Oh well. Haters gonna hate. If he's easy to use, he's easy to use. I just have to be better then the rest of them that pick him up for being so easy.
Ragna's got no hate on him compared to, say, Noel. If you're going to get salty because people get salty over your character choice, then deal with it or pick a different character. Ragna is really dumb in Extend though, you're just going to have to accept that.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Ragna's got no hate on him compared to, say, Noel. If you're going to get salty because people get salty over your character choice, then deal with it or pick a different character. Ragna is really dumb in Extend though, you're just going to have to accept that.
Wait... People still complain about Noel...?:urg:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
People have always, and will probably continue to complain about Noel forever. They complained about her in CS1, when she wasn't even good.

At least when people complained about CS2 Noel, they had some legit reasons, haha.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I think we can all agree here that Shuttle loop is the strongest move in Brawl.

So my question for you guys is... What do you guys think the strongest attack in BB???

IMO its inferno divider and always will be but what do you guys think?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we can all agree here that Shuttle loop is the strongest move in Brawl.

So my question for you guys is... What do you guys think the strongest attack in BB???

IMO its inferno divider and always will be but what do you guys think?
IMO it's Litchi's 5A. I mean: it hits Platinum running at her. OP
(no... wait...)

Srs though, I'm going to go ahead and say Devoured by Darkness. You won't usually see it, but when it happens to you: you know it happened. Usually indicated by Ragna's lifebar going waaaay up, and yours going waaaay down at the same time. Honorable Mentions: Genesic Emerald Tager Buster, Inferno Divider, Arakune D bug combos

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm gonna agree with inferno divider.

I'd say tsubame gaeshi if it was RCable.

Top Bottom