• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Ragna's Inferno Divider has to be the best attack in the game.... I mean, come on, having a DP that you can use IN THE AIR??? Besides, you can also use it to totally not deal with Noel's 6B, but every character with a DP can do it anyways XD. Gosh, though, I've been wrecked by Inferno Divider so many times... You won't believe it X__X.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
18 frames of invincibility, 16 frames if it's the air version. Combos without meter on a cornered opponent, can RC out of, sets up his oki, and can cross up with his air DP lol.

Yeah, his DP is pretty silly. Oh well.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I asked my friend who is REALLLY good at the game and he says Hotaru. I believe its the air kick from Hakumen. Now that I think about it that attack does seem to be as good as ID, if not better.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I asked my friend who is REALLLY good at the game and he says Hotaru. I believe its the air kick from Hakumen. Now that I think about it that attack does seem to be as good as ID, if not better.
It's good, but I have to disagree with that. It uses meter, has longer start up, and the opponent won't have to respect Hotaru on wakeup like he would with Inferno Divider since you're going to have to TK it.

lilseph

Smash Ace
The only problem I can see with Hotaru is that you have to TK it. Other than that it seems stupid good. Like even though you have to spend meter, its not much at all and you get 4-5k off it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Guys, guys, guys. Hotaru.

It's invincible, it's safe, it's air unblockable (despite being an air move), it fatal counters, and if you get hit with it, you're already dead.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm clouding my judgment too much by thinking about wake up/reversal options.
Hotaru really does beat out ID outside of those.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll create a lobby in like a half hour after I finish up eating.
It also beats Inferno Divider.

and as someone who plays against Hakumen all day every day, Hotaru is a wakeup option. A very stupid wakeup option. It's also jump cancellable.
Beating it really just depends who timed their move right. ID has more invincibility on start up.

Hotaru as a wakeup option is more rewarding than ID but it's not the best reversal in terms of speed. You have to remember there is jump start up.
At least, that was the point I was trying to get out earlier.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I refuse to comment by agreeing or disagreeing, so I will say "online Tager, and screw everything else" and proceed to go rack up Pull Down and Connect Four medals later tonight.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm on PSN right now. If anyone wants to play some BB, just sign onto PSN and I'll send an invite.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Speaking of Hakumen...I wonder if that Hakumen main on PSN that used to word for word act out Hakumen's lines word for word as he played is still around. I still remember hearing "...Winter's Repose!!!" yelled through his headset as I played and having everyone else in the room laughing thinking it was the greatest thing ever.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm gonna be going back to sleep here so I won't be joining anything for PSN tonight (gotta get back on track with not being so tired at work)

@ Lythium and...welp, everyone really

I didn't mean to come off as complaining so much about salty people at Ragna. I guess for me I'm just not used to actually playing characters that are genuinely that good. It's not because I have anything against top tier or anything, it just so happens the characters I like are either the mid/lower/whatevs status. Like Sonic in Brawl. Or Ganon in Melee. Arcueid in Melty Blood (don't care which moon style for me) or Shirou/Archer in Fate/Unlimited Codes.

Though if anything I guess I was worried over nothing about people getting the idea that if they lose to me they think "Oh you're using Ragna. Of course you're gonna win." rather then it being my skill. No one here has done that to me, if anything you guys have been the most supportive of me improving. If I keep going like this, it's gonna happen though. Ragna does everything right in this game and for some it can be outright silly (the damage i'll admit; if it were reduced in total to about 3300-3500 on hit confirm I can see it being more fair). To me, that's fine and it wouldn't matter what he did; I use him in CS/CS2/CSX, and woulda used him in CT if I weren't a Jin/Noel drive spamming scrub.

I'll learn other characters later, but I'm not gonna let what anyone else has to say dictate how I feel about playing my character.

"Yeah, my character's like playing tic-tac-toe. I still play a damn good game of tic-tac-toe. What are you gonna do about it?"

tl;dr version? Sorry about getting that defensive before guys.

[EDIT]

On the topic of Hakumen? Hotaru? Damn that move is so good. Like any wake-up it's your fault if you get hit and don't respect the godlike fatal. Like Inferno Divider. Mu-12's, Makoto's... It's all fair game and for Hakumen it requires some of his (albeit regenerating) meter. Then again I just go crazy whenever I see Hakumen kick *** in general.

There's something about his play style that just surprises me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I pretty much react differently if my main ends up good. Most people end up feeling defensive for some odd reason and try to list reasons why their character isn't that good. My attitude is basically, "Yes, I know my character is best."

In a way, I almost feel like not admitting how good your character is puts you at a disadvantage.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I pretty much react differently if my main ends up good. Most people end up feeling defensive for some odd reason and try to list reasons why their character isn't that good. My attitude is basically, "Yes, I know my character is best."

In a way, I almost feel like not admitting how good your character is puts you at a disadvantage.
I see where you're coming from, yeah. Except I can't really deny what makes Ragna good for this game. In the end my biggest worry was the whole being called not good just because I play some easymode guy that I personally put hours upon hours of my time into.

Though that's someone else's problem if they don't like it, is what it boils down to.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
No one cares if you use Ragna or at least I don't. Another thing is we aren't tier***s. if you're good at tic-tac-toe, then you're good at Blazblue and main tic-tac-toe. No need to defend yourself because it always appears self-demeaning.

Also, don't ever say that you have to respect Makoto's DP as a wakeup option. No Makoto in their right mind would use a move that gets low-profiled by standing jabs and has the same range as Melee Zelda's grab.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I play Hazama.

:troll:

:phone:
Hazama is such a slap in the face to Lambda. He can do everything I can do but better AND if he so chooses to approach me for what ever reason he has murdering normals and **** me sideways.:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
No one cares if you use Ragna or at least I don't. Another thing is we aren't tier***s. if you're good at tic-tac-toe, then you're good at Blazblue and main tic-tac-toe. No need to defend yourself because it always appears self-demeaning.

Also, don't ever say that you have to respect Makoto's DP as a wakeup option. No Makoto in their right mind would use a move that gets low-profiled by standing jabs and has the same range as Melee Zelda's grab.
Well as Ragna I hafta respect it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You don't have to respect anyone.

You are in 50 Heat: The Game, starring Swagna the Broedge, with his trusty Inferno Durrvidah.
At least I've gone from Derpedge to Broedge. /success

[edit]

My real pain in the *** matches are any good Taokaka, Lambda and Tager. Then again I've faced Scrim. Tagers so good.

Top Bottom