• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't really know enough about her to be able to list off things. I was just going off people saying she had some stuff.

And I always felt Noel's 2D to be too risky to be reliable as wakeup.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius' escape DP isn't that reliable. It's definitely not as good as an actual DP like Ragna's, Makoto's, Noel's 2D/4D, etc. It's like a hard read that they'll do a strong attack and they whiff on your dodge. His more reliable reversal is gears but that costs meter so you can't always use that.

I've always though that Tao had no escape options other than when she has meter (counter assault or super). What other options does she have?
Led Ley can be useful when used with an Ignis attack, without Ignis it become much harder to use.

As for Tao, it's really easy to jump out with her imo.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
He does 2D to me :|

At least, he did back in CS2 lol. Like, every time on midscreen knockdowns D:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
How do you accidentally do 2d instead of 2c :@

also why are you trying to do 2c on wakeup lol...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I really REALLY should get the PS3 version. But that'd mean hardwiring my PS3 into my router in the other room to get a better connection. How is the connection on PSN for Extend, btw? I migrated to XBox mainly for CS2 and noticed a difference, but Extend's networking for both games apparently got better too (I can kinda notice it)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The one case where I sometimes end up doing a 2C instead of a 3C is during Rachel combos because of the dash 3C.
It's not too bad of a case now, but I do mess it up once in awhile.
I really REALLY should get the PS3 version. But that'd mean hardwiring my PS3 into my router in the other room to get a better connection. How is the connection on PSN for Extend, btw? I migrated to XBox mainly for CS2 and noticed a difference, but Extend's networking for both games apparently got better too (I can kinda notice it)
Pretty good depending on your connection and the opponent's. I find myself instant blocking, throw teching, and blocking overheads much more consistently in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 version runs better though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The one case where I sometimes end up doing a 2C instead of a 3C is during Rachel combos because of the dash 3C.
It's not too bad of a case now, but I do mess it up once in awhile.

Pretty good depending on your connection and the opponent's. I find myself instant blocking, throw teching, and blocking overheads much more consistently in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 version runs better though.
If we can manage a 2/3 bar connection? I'll be happy. Because me and Jdietz somehow manage 2/3 bars in our fights. Though I've managed to accept 0 connection against people like Arturefo. Even for overheads. Just gotta buffer your buffer. lolz

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/24/xblaze-an-adventure-project-developed-by-arc-system-works/

hm...
Arcsys is trying something new? I wish the PV was more than just a bunch of character portraits flying across the screen so I could get an idea of what it will be.

An Adventure Project. :/

Suzaku on the Dustloop translated the PV.
Arc System Works presents...

Adventure Project
Phase One

Another tale of the "Azure."

A tale which begins here and now.

To live...
Is that the only way he can
atone for his sins?

Project Proposal: Toshimichi Mori

The children who resisted fate's designs.

The mysterious organization that guides destiny.

The "Azure Power" that surrounds and transcends everything.

The wheel of fate is now beginning to turn...

XBlaze (tentative)​
Definitely looks BB related.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If we can manage a 2/3 bar connection? I'll be happy. Because me and Jdietz somehow manage 2/3 bars in our fights. Though I've managed to accept 0 connection against people like Arturefo. Even for overheads. Just gotta buffer your buffer. lolz
lol And yeah, hopefully our connection is at least a 2.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/24/xblaze-an-adventure-project-developed-by-arc-system-works/

hm...
Arcsys is trying something new? I wish the PV was more than just a bunch of character portraits flying across the screen so I could get an idea of what it will be.

An Adventure Project. :/

Suzaku on the Dustloop translated the PV.

Definitely looks BB related.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Not too excited about it, but I'll just wait until more info comes out.
BB's story was decent for a fighter, but as a VN itself, I found it lacking. Hopefully a game that's all story ends up being better.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's going to be a VN?

Guess the PV being nothing but still character portraits makes more sense in that case.

I probably will not be too interested if there's no real gameplay then. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's going to be a VN?

Guess the PV being nothing but still character portraits makes more sense in that case.

I probably will not be too interested if there's no real gameplay then. :/
I might be getting ahead of myself when they say adventure game. But Mori did say call the story mode in BB as an adventure mode.
And seeing a cast of girls with one generic male lead makes me think VN.

I also have a feeling it's going to be for Vita, but we'll see.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, that makes sense.

There seems to be a bit of speculation that it could take place in the BB storyline before the whole dark war thing, and I kind of agree with that based on the little info we have. There probably would be less room for action then so a VN does seem likely, and BB has already had light novels so this looks like the obvious next step.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I vaguely remember Mori saying that he wanted to make a BB-related adventure game and RPG. And he wanted the RPG to be made by the Persona team.

Dunno if it'll ever happen, but maybe that's what he was referring to?

I'd play a BB VN. :3c

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
ITT: Livewire dodging the callout~ :smirk:

Jdietz, if you want to learn how to block, play Arakune because he's got ****ty normals.
Well then I was already on the right track! I'll just stick with my plan to learn the blob monster then :3

BUBBLES 'N BEEEEEEEES

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I vaguely remember Mori saying that he wanted to make a BB-related adventure game and RPG. And he wanted the RPG to be made by the Persona team.

For some reason "Rachel casts Baden Baden Lily!" just seems odd to me.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Noel uses Optic Barrel!
Noel's Optic Barrel misses!
Enemy attacks!
Noel takes 50 points of damage!
Noel uses Optic Barrel!
Noel's Optic barrel misses!
Enemy attacks!
A critical hit!
Noel takes 300 points of damage!
Noel starts crying uncontrollably!

... Sorry I just couldn't resist XD.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

There was a recent interview asking if Atlus would make a BlazBlue RPG. Mori responded by saying that'd be nice, but he'd rather make it himself. He said that he likes having control over his projects.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
An RPG could work really well in either the BB or the GG universe imo. BB could probably get a really cool mechanic with the Ars Magus, which could work as a customizable skillset for the playable characters.

Can't go wrong with Atlus either, so Mori's loss there I guess. It would be cool to see what Arcsys could come up with though, as long as they keep their focus on fighting games in the long run.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As much as I would like an RPG, I do think it's going to be a VN. "Adventure" game in Japan usually means VN. But I guess we'll have to see.

When I get bored, I do ping tests:

So now I know that when I play against Ryan (local dude), it's his connection that sucks, not mine. >:I

Top Bottom