• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, lately I've been trying to get the following Noel corner combo down:

3C > 22C~66 > 6C(2) > 6C > 4D > d.6C > d.214D > 446C > 5D > d.4D > d.236D > 66C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.5B > d.6B > d.5C > d.236D

It's supposed to be about 6k in the corner without meter, but it's such a pain to pull off. I always mess up during the "446C>5D>d.4D>d.236D>66C" part. Normally it's either the Bloom Trigger missing entirely because I do it too early and they're too high, or them being too low to follow the 66C up with Optic Barrel during it. I'm sure it would be good and rewarding if I could master it, but daaaamn, is it not easy.

Another fun fact though is that the whole Muzzle Flitter>2B>66C>22BC or whatever thing only works on half the cast, and to get it to work on the other 50% (like Makoto), you have to do Muzzle Flitter>2A>2A>66C>22BC for it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You know, if you're whiffing the optic barrel because your opponent is too low, you could just omit it from your combo. You've got to learn to adjust more! Better than dropping everything in a real match. I mean, it's nice if you can get the whole combo because that's what you're practicing for, but learning to pick **** up on the fly is important too.

Also, yes, Noel has char-specific combos now. And about time. :smirk:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, if you're whiffing the optic barrel because your opponent is too low, you could just omit it from your combo. You've got to learn to adjust more! Better than dropping everything in a real match. I mean, it's nice if you can get the whole combo because that's what you're practicing for, but learning to pick **** up on the fly is important too.

Also, yes, Noel has char-specific combos now. And about time. :smirk:

Well yeah, I'm just one of those people who when they see a combo, they like to see how it looks when it's done properly before they change it, so it's sort of like...if I can get it done right a few times, then I can fiddle around with it more.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll play later.

I'm working on a new Relius corner combo, I'm having some difficulty but it should have better pay off than my old one. It would be good to practice it in a match.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato and Livewire.

Minato, I definitely hate your Platinum more than your Rachel, maybe it's the matchup because it feels like her attacks beat all of mine.

Livewire, Noel still annoys me. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger and Livewire.
GGs Minato and Livewire.

Minato, I definitely hate your Platinum more than your Rachel, maybe it's the matchup because it feels like her attacks beat all of mine.

Livewire, Noel still annoys me. :/
I think half of it's the matchup, and half of it is online. I feel like I'm underwater when I'm using Rachel, and Platinum gets like 2 times better online, imo.
If it feels like my attacks are beating yours, I'm usually just doing a frame trap or using the right normals at the right time.
Platinum's kind of natural to me, it's like mixing SF ground spacing with Melty air spacing.

And Livewire, be careful on pressing buttons on wake up against Platinum. You're pretty much forced to block.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
GGs, Rutger and Livewire.

I think half of it's the matchup, and half of it is online. I feel like I'm underwater when I'm using Rachel, and Platinum gets like 2 times better online, imo.
If it feels like my attacks are beating yours, I'm usually just doing a frame trap or using the right normals at the right time.
Platinum's kind of natural to me, it's like mixing SF ground spacing with Melty air spacing.

And Livewire, be careful on pressing buttons on wake up against Platinum. You're pretty much forced to block.

The funniest thing was when I literally went for Thor 4 times in a row against Rutger and it kept just being sj.D, so I eventually say "screw it" and 5D the same time Rutger decides to punish my j.D that winds up not happening and somehow win the round.

This makes me think I should start playing Extend online now instead of combo mashing. Oh, I hate Platinum so much now. Bubbles. Bubbles! BUBBLES!!!! :urg:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good games, Arturefo! Your Lambda is still as sick as ever. As is your everything else (your Rachel will get there too) It's such a 50-50 mix-up trying to get in on you. Do I go high and predict the straight sword? Or rush in on you predicting the high sword?

But man. When you kept me out. You kept me OUT. Good games.

[EDIT]

Also many thanks for the compliment to my Ragna. Means a lot coming from people who used to outright curbstomp me. I'm gonna keep improving so that I can finally move on to practicing other characters.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good games, Jdietz and Spelt!

Your item pressure with Platinum's still really awesome. I gotta remember to follow up with j.D after baiting a DP on Mu. Some seriously close matches.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Seph. You were the only person that beat me today with that one loss. :mad088:
I'm going to have to learn when I can press buttons against Hakumen.

I planned on learning a new character but I'm getting good results with my Platinum.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Why am I not surprised that Sephiroth plays Hakumen.

inb4

"Why am I not surprised Cloud plays Ragna." /usually plays blond-haired Ragnas

[EDIT]

... I should get the PS3 version sometime, I guess. So I can still play with the PSN people.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Good games, Arturefo! Your Lambda is still as sick as ever. As is your everything else (your Rachel will get there too) It's such a 50-50 mix-up trying to get in on you. Do I go high and predict the straight sword? Or rush in on you predicting the high sword?

But man. When you kept me out. You kept me OUT. Good games.

[EDIT]

Also many thanks for the compliment to my Ragna. Means a lot coming from people who used to outright curbstomp me. I'm gonna keep improving so that I can finally move on to practicing other characters.
yeah.great games.i've already said it,but you really improved a lor since the last time we played.youre really dangerous in ragna's range.i was just praying that my predictions was right.heuheu.gg's.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It takes two in a game of prediction. Same goes back to you. I think I'm also getting used to the connection where we can connect more combos. A lot of what I'm doing now is monkey-see, monkey-do. Funny thing is, I think I got better by doing challenge mode with Ragna. Because I spent over three hours doing nothing but try to get Ragna's last challenge down and it taught me timing with combos and patience.

The rest is watching others and 50-50 mix-ups. I just gotta get better at wake-up Inferno Divider. lol

Let's play s'more over the weekend maybe!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
... I should get the PS3 version sometime, I guess. So I can still play with the PSN people.
If you have spare money, I think you should. I'd definitely play more then.
I'd play this game more than I do now, but every time I do a lobby, it's mostly Rutger and sometimes Livewire.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
GGs, Seph. You were the only person that beat me today with that one loss. :mad088:
I'm going to have to learn when I can press buttons against Hakumen.

I planned on learning a new character but I'm getting good results with my Platinum.
Yeah GG's, hope to get better soon. Felt like I was getting progress done although it wasn't much.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
It takes two in a game of prediction. Same goes back to you. I think I'm also getting used to the connection where we can connect more combos. A lot of what I'm doing now is monkey-see, monkey-do. Funny thing is, I think I got better by doing challenge mode with Ragna. Because I spent over three hours doing nothing but try to get Ragna's last challenge down and it taught me timing with combos and patience.

The rest is watching others and 50-50 mix-ups. I just gotta get better at wake-up Inferno Divider. lol

Let's play s'more over the weekend maybe!

yeah.the challanges helps a lot.and please,dont practice waake up inferno divider.its so annoying.hehe.

lets play again soon,for sure.i'm looking foward for it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
If you have spare money, I think you should. I'd definitely play more then.
I'd play this game more than I do now, but every time I do a lobby, it's mostly Rutger and sometimes Livewire.
Might be Smooth Criminal soon.

I keep forgetting I still have a copy of this game on PS3.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom