• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Well, no, not really. I've mostly just been trying to get used to the new Noel and do well with her ^^;. I've already gotten to 790 PSR, so I guess that's a good sign XD. I did find a REALLY good Noel Fatal combo that practically gives you 50 meter, so I guess that's good XD. Although, I've had a NASTY time with mashed supers during block strings X__X. I've fallen victim to many Tager 720's and other Character DPs due to me trying an overhead while they were blocking XD.

How about for you? Is all well on your end?

And thanks for the warm welcome ^__^.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
All's alright. However, I got Mass Effect 3, so that's been sucking me in since Thursday and taking up a lot of time. However, I've found that the 4D>d.6C linker part of combos to be easier and I'm slowly having the new combos (since I've got like 10 pages of them, no joke, I posted the link and a pic) feel natural. That being said, I still get the urge to do the old CS2 Corner Combos.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Wow, 10 pages of them? Gosh, that's a lot of combos XD! I've mostly been following the combos found on dustloop and the one I found myself. I'll be sure to check out your pic of those combos and see if I can use them myself. I wish you luck in playing online, though ^__^! I've had a few ups and downs with Noel in ranked so far... It's still mind boggling to me of how many people I've faced have used mashed super on me X__X. One time this Tager got out a 720 in between j.A and 5B X__X!!!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, 10 pages of them? Gosh, that's a lot of combos XD! I've mostly been following the combos found on dustloop and the one I found myself. I'll be sure to check out your pic of those combos and see if I can use them myself. I wish you luck in playing online, though ^__^! I've had a few ups and downs with Noel in ranked so far... It's still mind boggling to me of how many people I've faced have used mashed super on me X__X. One time this Tager got out a 720 in between j.A and 5B X__X!!!!!
I don't know why, but people online seem to absolutely love mashing in BB. I'll see people mashing their overhead on wakeup even.
There's just something in this game that makes people not want to block, haha. I find Ragna, Tager, and Mu players to usually mashing something.

Tonight is fighters night btw in the LH, I'm going to do a PSN lobby starting at 2 PST.
I'll be on for a long time, so just log on whenever.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but people online seem to absolutely love mashing in BB. I'll see people mashing their overhead on wakeup even.
There's just something in this game that makes people not want to block, haha. I find Ragna, Tager, and Mu players to usually mashing something.

Tonight is fighters night btw in the LH, I'm going to do a PSN lobby starting at 2 PST.
I'll be on for a long time, so just log on whenever.
Gosh, really? Even mashing their OVERHEADS? Wow, I didn't know it was that bad XD.

Oh right, tonight is Fighters Night... If no one else is, I'll host something up on Xbox Live at around 5:00 P.M. EST time. Feel free to join if you want ^__^. If there's enough people, I'll even put Team Battles on!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs Kuraudo. :bee:

Remember to not burst lambda's swords unless she's next to you, or else it just means a free punish. :p

My jin is terrible now, good thing I'm dropping him.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Gosh, really? Even mashing their OVERHEADS? Wow, I didn't know it was that bad XD.

Oh right, tonight is Fighters Night... If no one else is, I'll host something up on Xbox Live at around 5:00 P.M. EST time. Feel free to join if you want ^__^. If there's enough people, I'll even put Team Battles on!
I'm up for this whenever you do such. Gamertag is ShatteredSound

[EDIT]

Also, yeah, great games! I still think you should still use your Jin though and train him up. Otherwise though, you just use everyone. Sheesh. ffffff

At least things went pretty even at least.

Also, yeah I'm well aware of Lambda's swords and the burst. I was dead anyway so I was banking on either an input error or something. lolz

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yes, I have, haha.

But New Brunswick is, like, really badly laid out. No city planning whatsoever, seriously. You cannot turn left ever! Also, NB is notorious for having some of the worst drivers in the country. I mean, people in Montreal drive like lunatics, but at least they know what they're doing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yes, I have, haha.

But New Brunswick is, like, really badly laid out. No city planning whatsoever, seriously. You cannot turn left ever! Also, NB is notorious for having some of the worst drivers in the country. I mean, people in Montreal drive like lunatics, but at least they know what they're doing.

Oh lord, I remember back when I was like...18 and we drove through Quebec/New Brunswick/Nova Scotia to PEI to go whale watching, going through New Brunswick was the weirdest thing ever. It's like...you know when people THINK they know what they're doing but don't? And the other thing that got me was that EVERY restaurant had a sign that said "licensed restaurant", which always made me feel pretty sketchy about them.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, that sounds about right, haha.

Also, when I was about 17 or so, we went to Montreal for an orchestra trip, and the people in northern New Brunswick and Gaspé were the rudest people I've ever met. They refused anyone who spoke English at a random Tim Horton's in Miramichi. They were like, "Oh, we don't understand you, because you're not speaking French..." So, yeah.

Anyway, on topic: I need to learn the Valk match-up. :p

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato.

I'm getting tired of being depressed after we fight, it's annoying feeling so helpless at times.

I really don't know what I'll do about Platinum's pressure. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think you'd do a lot better if you didn't jump or run away too much so you can approach more.

I'd say play a lot more aggressive than you are now. I see you using Ignis to approach, but whenever I block one of Ignis's moves, you usually do it 2 more times in hopes of me pressing something. I usually just instant block them and then rush you down when you can't use Ignis. I'd say do 214A only once, and then do something else with Ignis to keep me in block stun longer.

And be careful on pressing buttons on the way down or on wakeup since I'm looking for those all the time.
And while I know it's online, I do suggest trying to IB whenever you can. I've gotten used to it, it's just kind of scary the first time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, Extend Ragna, why are you so good? :I

I was gonna play with you guys last night, but then I remembered that I lent my copy of Extend to my brother.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I'm sort of happy after watching that video ^^;. I found a combo that does about the same damage as the 5th combo in that vid, but it's way easier to do ^__^. I wish I could tell him about it but I don't have a dustloop account yet ^^;.

And yep, it's still ridiculous; but hey, you gotta love Noel Vermillion ^__^.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And just think. I gotta use 100, sometimes even 150 heat to get some of that damage off in Blood Kain combos.
Jin gets 4k with a FC starter and 100 heat. :3

I'm sort of happy after watching that video ^^;. I found a combo that does about the same damage as the 5th combo in that vid, but it's way easier to do ^__^. I wish I could tell him about it but I don't have a dustloop account yet ^^;.

And yep, it's still ridiculous; but hey, you gotta love Noel Vermillion ^__^.
You should post it here because i'm learning her combos and would like easier ones.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Jin gets 4k with a FC starter and 100 heat. :3

You should post it here because i'm learning her combos and would like easier ones.
Sure, I don't mind posting it here ^__^. There are actually two versions of the combo that depend on which Fatal Drive move you use. I think the best part about this combo is that you don't really need to be close to the corner; it still works even if you're a little ways off ^__^.

Fatal 4D version: 4D>d.6C>d.2D>SR>6C(2)>Jump Cancel>Air Dash>j.D>d.4D>AT>6C>22B~C>6C>6D>236A(Optic Barrel)>6C>j.D>d.6D>d.5B>d.6B>d.5C>BT(Second hit only)>Optional Fenrir.
This causes about 6k without Fenrir, and 7k with Fenrir. Since this combo gives you over 50 meter anyways, you should definitely go for Fenrir, unless you want to save the 50 meter for something else.

Fatal j.4D version: j.4D>d.6C>d.2D>SR>6C(2)>Jump Cancel>Air Dash>j.D>d.4D>AT>6C>22B~C>6C>236A(Optic Barrel)>6C>j.D>d.6D>d.5B>d.6B>d.5C>BT(Second hit only)>Optional Fenrir.
This causes about 5.8k without Fenrir, and 6.5k or so with Fenrir. This combo also gives you over 50 meter, so go ahead and use it, unless you want to keep the 50 meter.

Now you might be wondering about the air dash thing. You need to air dash in order to cross up the opponent and use j.D>d.4D>AT, but after watching the video, I think you don't need to cross up your opponent in order j.D>d.4D>AT to work.

As I said, the realy beauty of this combo is that you don't really need to be close to the corner in order for it to work ^__^! As long as your opponent wallbounces after 6C(2), it's guaranteed to work! You'll need to run a bit before jumping and air dashing if you use 6C(2) from far away, though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And just think. I gotta use 100, sometimes even 150 heat to get some of that damage off in Blood Kain combos.
You only need a hundred heat for BK combos that do 6 to 7k range damage. Also, it's only like a 50 heat requirement since you can build 50 heat in Blood Kain lol.

Top Bottom