• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Isn't 6D a drive attack?

You can still cancel noel's drive attacks with specials?!
You can cancel Noel's drive attack with a special, but it HAS to be RIGHT after the first Drive Attack.

For example, you can use 6D (or any first D move)>236A or 214A. But if you try 6D>d.5B>236A, then Optic Barrel won't come out.

Sounds nice, but hurts head at 2:30 AM thinking about.
Don't worry, Live, it'll make a lot more sense once you try it out XD. It's such a useful combo ^__^. I've actually landed it on a few people already, but they all bursted before I could finish it XD.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Why do all these level 20+s come to my room when I say it's for beginners, ugh. So annoying, but they're teaching me things along the way. Gotta get some of those Bread and butters down. I absolutely suck at those X.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Levels don't really mean much, especially since you can gain them in single player. They might just think of themselves as beginners.

Though I would say that it's better to fight people who are better than you anyways. It will force you to try and play at your best and you will learn more. That's why I don't mind always fighting Minato even though he usually gets a fifteen win streak. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Why do all these level 20+s come to my room when I say it's for beginners, ugh. So annoying, but they're teaching me things along the way. Gotta get some of those Bread and butters down. I absolutely suck at those X.
You know, it's funny, but I remember in CS2, it seemed anything under 25 was considered beginner, lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Finally got my copy of Extend back, but Tales of Graces comes out today...

Ragna is so dumb in Extend. :T
To be honest he doesn't seem that much different to me. Just add 6B to his combo strings and that feels about it... That and he'll always get zoned out by the likes of Lambda and Mu anyway. Murakumo units will always spell trouble for the grim reaper.

:phone:

lilseph

Smash Ace
I think your forgetting about his absurd damage and his ability to get 4-5k off almost anything. ANYTHING!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
To be honest he doesn't seem that much different to me. Just add 6B to his combo strings and that feels about it... That and he'll always get zoned out by the likes of Lambda and Mu anyway. Murakumo units will always spell trouble for the grim reaper.

:phone:
I don't know about Lambda, but Ragna vs. Mu is even.

And if you don't think Ragna is different, you're crazy. He gets consistently higher damage, better meter gain, and corner carry. He is much better than CS2 Ragna who was pretty solid to begin with.

He also gets rewarded more than anyone else in Extend imo. At least, at this point.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Finally got my copy of Extend back, but Tales of Graces comes out today...
Graces F is probably going to take a good amount of my time. I'll still find time to practice BB next week though since I'll be done with finals. As for this weekend, it's all about studying. :ohwell:

And if you don't think Ragna is different, you're crazy. He gets consistently higher damage, better meter gain, and corner carry. He is much better than CS2 Ragna who was pretty solid to begin with.

He also gets rewarded more than anyone else in Extend imo. At least, at this point.
Agreed. They also buffed his hitbox on jC and made stuff like jD and 6D easy to follow up on while also having his throws being special cancellable.
Makes him a lot more easy to autopilot due to those changes, imo. Those reasons are mostly why I'm using Platinum more than Ragna in Extend.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

But...I'm crazy AND I think Ragna's different...*confused*

lilseph

Smash Ace
The only reason why Lambda has an advantage vs Ragna is just because of how the two characters are designed. Its just like how Lambda will always have a positive MU vs Tager or how in CT, Nu vs Bang was boarding 50-50. Nu vs Bang being 50-50 is mind boggling if you really think about how imbalanced that game was and how far apart they were in the tier list.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I would be able to tolerate Ragna if it weren't for his ridiculous hitbox sizes X__X. I still don't like j.C's range either X___________X. Whenever I fight a Ragna, I'm always afraid to get too close because of 5B and 5C... If those moves had at least a little bit of lag or something, I'd be fine, but it's like he can reach halfway across the screen in a few seconds X__X.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Speaking of Story Mode. The new Hazama VA is okay. Like, he's not as good as the CS one, but he's still good. The new Bang VA though...it's just....it's not the same! It's like asking for a Hulk action figure for Christmas, and getting your sister's Barbie doll painted green.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's not a matchup I've fought often, but I agree with you.

Arakune looks much worse though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh God, I don't even wanna think about Arakune. He'll curse me just for looking at him funny. He's also a slimy little ***** to catch.

I'm getting Hazama experience. What are your thoughts on the match-up, Rutger? I feel that Hazama has a slight advantage over Relius if he controls the flow of the match. Hazama's limbs aren't bad (can definitely make using Ignis outside of combos a tricky venture sometimes), and you have to watch out for that goddamn DP out of Serpent's Benediction (especially if you're a dummy like me and you jump in throwing attacks out of nowhere). However, if Hazama done ****s up anything, I'm in his face and I'm carrying him over to the corner for 3-4k plus resets and/or mixups.

Any tips or bits of insight you can offer?

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
My opinions on Hazama are kind of mixed. Most of my experience in this game so far has been against Rachel and Platinum because I'm not really fighting random people right now.

I've had good matches and bad matches. I like to use 2C if the Hazama it too predictable, like if he loves to use the overhead special attack(214D~A) in pressure it can be an easy fatal counter. I just need to be careful, it's easy to mess up 2C.

I would like to fight more Hazamas though, I don't think it's terrible for Relius but I don't have a solid opinion on it yet. :/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah. I was actually using 2C quite a bit last night with mixed results; I was finally applying Relius's normals in a real match and learning how to space/apply them. I got a couple of Fatals here and there but I couldn't quite figure in a damaging combo afterwards to take advantage of it.

What do you go for off of a Fatal Counter?

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I try to use 2C when I feel it will hit, it can be hard to land the opponent can easily punish it if I mess up.

I need to work on some better combos, but my combo off of an anti-air fatal 2C is just a slightly modified challenge mode combo right now. I'm going to use this thread and change it to something else like these two in the Ignis Inactive Starters section.

FC 2C > 5D > 66 > 6B > j.C > j.8D > dj.C > j.236C > j.214B [DM-2951/HG-25/IC-2000] *Anti-Air Only
FC 2C > 214C > 66 > 5C(2) > sj.C > j.236C > j.214B > ad [DM-3505/HG-30/IC-4000] *Anti-Air Only

The first one is the challenge mode combo actually, I just changed the air combo part(to j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.236C > j.214B) so the combo would only use 1000 of the Ignis gauge. I would like to compare the damage of the two. The damage of my combo is less but I don't know by how much.

I also saw this video a recently of Shadow (Relius) VS Kagetsu (Hazama), Shadow played really well and had a great neutral game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7r991t7QRo

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just out of curiousity...I wonder what the Tao matchups against Hazama, Ragna, Lambda, Arakune, or Bang are. Not that I play her enough yet for it to super matter, but just for educational sake.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Just out of curiousity...I wonder what the Tao matchups against Hazama, Ragna, Lambda, Arakune, or Bang are. Not that I play her enough yet for it to super matter, but just for educational sake.
I don't know about the others but I can tell you that Lambda vs Tao is a nightmare for Lambda. its 6-4, boarding 6.5-3.5. :(

>_> How?

I'm genuinely curious.

And thanks for the info, Rutger. Gonna watch that match now.

Smooth Criminal
I'll explain when I get home because I'm just about to walk out the door. The MU MIGHT be in Lambda's favour... but I would say its closer to 50-50 than anything.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Lambda vs Relius is 50-50 >.>
I wouldn't be too surprised, Lambda isn't good in pressure and Relius can make it feel like it's Melty when he locks you down.

But Lambda is really good at running away, it can be a pain to get in. Like everything else I need more exp in this matchup, but I wouldn't call it even right now.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Lambda is a tricky match up, but there are ways you can get her for running away. Against Lambda players that really love to instant Air Dash backwards, I usually keep dashing until I'm sure I've caught up with them. I'm pretty sure Relius' Dash is faster than Lambda air dashing backwards a bunch of times. Remember; if the Lambda really likes to Instant Air Dash backwards, then just keep dashing if they do it. You'll eventually catch up to them.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Speaking of Story Mode. The new Hazama VA is okay. Like, he's not as good as the CS one, but he's still good. The new Bang VA though...it's just....it's not the same! It's like asking for a Hulk action figure for Christmas, and getting your sister's Barbie doll painted green.
You know, it kinda amuses me. When Continuum Shift came out and we heard more of English Hazama, people all over were all like "BLAH THIS IS TERRIBLE. BOO. JAPANESE HAZAMA FTW!!"

Now that we got the new Hazama, people are like "where's the original version? :("

Not pointing this at you, but, I noticed it elsewhere and lol'd.

Yeah though, the new Bang is a bit off to me. I try not to think much on it though. Ragna as always though is just flat-out amazing. I actually strongly prefer his English version over his Japanese. Actually! Come to think of it, let's list off which versions of the voice you like better for each character! Liking both equally counts too.

Ragna - English
Noel - English
Hazama - Both
Bang - Japanese (English close behind)
Taokaka - Japanese
Relius - Japanese (this being such a tough call. his English voice is badass)
Litchi - Both
Arakune - Both
Jin - Both
Hakumen - Both
Rachel - Both
Nu-13 - English
Lambda-11 - English
Mu-12 - English
Makoto - Both
Valkenhayn - English
Kokonoe - Both
Tager - English
Platinum the Trinity - Japanese
Jubei - English
Imperator Librarius - Japanese
Tsubaki - Both

--

idk if I'm forgetting anyone or not, but. Oh well! There's mine. I mean, sure I could add Nago and Gii, but...ah heck English for them. fff Ah and there's Linhua. English. /SHRUG

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll join in ^__^! Let's see... What voices do I like...?

Ragna - Both
Noel - Both (I usually pick her English version, though)
Hazama - Both
Bang - Both
Taokaka - Japanese
Relius - Both
Litchi - Both
Arakune - Japanese
Jin - Both
Hakumen - Both
Rachel - Both
Nu-13 - Both
Lambda-11 - Both
Mu-12 - Both
Makoto - Both
Valkenhayn - English
Kokonoe - Both
Tager - Both
Platinum the Trinity - Japanese
Jubei - English
Imperator Librarius - English
Tsubaki - Both

I guess I really don't mind what language most characters are in XD.

But new English Bang VA.... I just can't help but shake my head at it sometimes X__X. I really miss English CS Bang now XD. I never thought BB would have to change VAs, but I guess they had to. At least the Japanese voices stayed the same XD.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It always amuses me whenever I play my English version up against someone with a Japanese track online. Me being the Ragna player I can't help but think he'd be like, "...oookay? I don't know WHAT the hell you just said." LOL

dualseeker

Smash Ace
It always amuses me whenever I play my English version up against someone with a Japanese track online. Me being the Ragna player I can't help but think he'd be like, "...oookay? I don't know WHAT the hell you just said." LOL
LOL XD. I feel the same sometimes XD. Although I used to use Japanese Noel back in CSII, I switched back to English because I started to miss Christina's voice XD.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
LOL XD. I feel the same sometimes XD. Although I used to use Japanese Noel back in CSII, I switched back to English because I started to miss Christina's voice XD.
It was always kind of funny with English Noel too from CS2, I remember. It would always be like *insert Japanese version of lines here*, followed by "Stop calling me that!!" for example, and I'd be like "uh...huh".

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Arakune-JPN, he freaks out better. Hearing him scream nani yo repeatedly is basically all I remember, haha.
Bang- I hate him. JPN sounds more annoying (de gozaru) yet slightly funny, ENG is less annoying but not too funny
Carl- JPN, his english va annoys me
Hakumen- JPN, sounds more high and mighty
Hazama- JPN by far
Jin- JPN, does a way better job with his psychotic side
Lambda- Both
Litchi- Both are fine
Mu- Don't really like either
Noel- Both are fine tbh
Platinum- JPN
Rachel- Both are good. I prefer Kana Ueda though
Ragna-JPN, it's Sugita, after all
Relius- JPN, more classy, imo
Tager- ENG
Taokaka- JPN, both are fine though
Valkenhayne- JPN

Recognizing more of the Japanese VA, of course I'm going to prefer them. The ingame battle voices for most of the cast in either language is pretty good though.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
It was always kind of funny with English Noel too from CS2, I remember. It would always be like *insert Japanese version of lines here*, followed by "Stop calling me that!!" for example, and I'd be like "uh...huh".
I always find myself laughing whenever I face a Tao. Noel's lines during the match are too funny XD. Although my favorite battle lines from her are when she faces Litchi. "YOUR BREASTS ARE ILLEGAL!" Is just too golden of a line XD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, jeez. We're doing this? We're doing this.

Arakune: Japanese. He's way more entertaining.
Bang: Both. Because both are annoying as hell.
Carl: Japanese. Although it cracks me up when he says "I'm gonna need that Azure Grimoire" in English.
Hakumen: Japanese. It just seems to fit him better.
Hazama: Japanese. His English VA is godawful.
Jin: Japanese. English voice is annoying, and his Japanese voice is sexy.
Lambda: English.
Litchi: English.
Makoto: English.
Mu: Both. Her English voice is more hilarious though.
Noel: Both.
Platinum: Japanese. Sena's voice is so stupid in English.
Rachel: Both.
Ragna: Japanese. His English is okay, but I'd rather listen to DEADUSPAIKU.
Relius: Japanese.
Tager: English.
Tao: English.
Tsubaki: Japanese, I guess. Tsubaki's English voice sounds so garbled, at times. Whenever she does hat car, I hear EGGWORM, and whenever she does the dive, I hear MUST BE KARMA. So, I dunno. When she gets hit, she sounds annoying in both voices.
Valk: Japanese.

Whoosh.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius - Japanese (this being such a tough call. his English voice is badass)
Archer or Roy Mustang.

Unlimited Blade Works or Tiny Miniskirts.

Truly is a tough call.

I keep my game on Japanese because I tend to like their voices better, feels right for this game. This game does have a fairly good dub from what I've heard of it though, which is only battle voices.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah peeps, we went there. Oi.

Arakune: Japanese. Though, this one doesn't really make much of a difference since I can't understand Arakune either way.
Bang: I know I'm in the minority, but English. Namely CS English. So entertaining, funny, and awesome.
Carl: Japanese. The English sounds....odd a bunch of times.
Hakumen: Both are good.
Hazama: English, CS English at least. Just SO GOOD at the Trollzama thing.
Jin: Japanese. 95% of this is because of "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!", I admit.
Lambda: Both...I guess?
Litchi: English, maybe.
Makoto: English
Mu: Both.
Noel: English (although Japanese is still good, it's just when they're almost tied I take who I can understand)
Platinum: Japanese. Her English voice is so....aaaagh.
Rachel: Both work out fine.
Ragna: English. Nothing wrong with the Japanese one at all though.
Relius: Really tough but...um...English?
Tager: Both.
Taokaka: English. Her little quips and stuff kind of loses its appeal to me if it's not in English in that I wouldn't 'get' some of the Japanese stuff if I didn't know what it meant. Plus, the English voice just seems more...cat-like?
Tsubaki: Both, I guess...no real preference.
Valkenhayn: Japanese. English is good, but Japanese sounds like more of a B.A.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
How do you guys like Makoto's english voice? It sounds so squeaky to me `-`

"NEGATIVE PENAL-wuah"

But then again, you guys are probably talking about story mode voices and I have no idea how those sound like since I haven't touched story mode in like 2 years.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
How do you guys like Makoto's english voice? It sounds so squeaky to me `-`

"NEGATIVE PENAL-wuah"

But then again, you guys are probably talking about story mode voices and I have no idea how those sound like since I haven't touched story mode in like 2 years.
A mixture of story mode and battle. Relius in the story mode ESPECIALLY is awesome in English. Just get chills anytimes he calls for Ignis.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
English VA's all day every day yo'.

(Esp. when it comes to Makoto and Noel who sound screechy as Japanese)

Top Bottom